Windows 10: Microsoft to recall some Surface Pro power cables

Discus and support Microsoft to recall some Surface Pro power cables in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is readying to replace power cords for its older-model Surface Pro tablets due to overheating concerns. As a result of damage caused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft to recall some Surface Pro power cables

A report by Channelnomics Europe on January 19 said Microsoft would announce a voluntary recall of its AC power supplies for Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 3 models sold before July 2015. That report said Microsoft would disclose this information on Friday, January 22...

Read more: Microsoft to recall some Surface Pro power cables | ZDNet

UPDATE: How to get a replacement AC power cord for your Surface Pro

Brink, Jan 18, 2016
  2. Molyy Win User

I noticed this problem with one of the Surface power cords we had. The store swapped it for us which was good.

:)

Molyy, Jan 19, 2016
  3. mah082659 Win User
    How to turn off Windows update in Windows 10.

Thanks Anusha!

I have been using a Surface Pro 3 for almost 2 years with Office 365. It's worked pretty well until the Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade then not so much. It also upgraded from Windows 8.1. Best Buy just replaced my Surface Pro 3 at no charge. I was under
    warranty and asked them to re-install a fresh copy of Windows 10. They reported they couldn't because of a recall, so they gave me a new/refurbished one with Windows 10. Cool! Microsoft said the recall was only for a power supply. Best Buy didn't ask to
    change out the power supply. Weird.

So, I installed ALL my software on my new Surface Pro 3 and Outlook is working with iCloud again, yeah! Then the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition installs itself and Outlook no longer works with iCloud, boo! I rolled back to the last update and it works
    again, at least for now. I am hoping that Anusha's fix prevents future updates from occurring. Not sure what I'm going to miss as a result of this or if my 365 subscription will still work, if it doesn't then maybe I'll have to migrate to Open Office, or
    an Apple.

People have a right to be upset, we don't know the extent of what Microsoft is doing with an upgrade before it gets installed. Their upgrade decisions are making "customers" mad. I'm also a stock holder, although I don't know for how much longer. The
    Surface Pro 3 is my first and maybe my last Microsoft computer. It's up to you Microsoft, start caring about your customers and they'll take care of you. Force them to do what you want and you'll lose them.

mah082659, Jan 19, 2016
  4. Microsoft to recall some Surface Pro power cables

2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for amd64-based Systems (KB4048955) -Install error - 0x800f081f - Surface Pro 4

June 2017. Don't recall the exact date, but I had to wait more than two weeks for my Surface Pro 4 to arrive.

AndrewHarveySaijo, Jan 19, 2016
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    HP recalled power leads with "clover-leaf" plugs for the adaptor to my Compaq laptop and many other models last year, but the trouble was, I had several matching leads which fitted their criterion for eligibility for exchange, which had likely been from Acer or other manufacturers. When I was sent a replacement, I checked it over and it also seemed to have the same manufacturers marks stamped on it that identified the original leads as potentially dangerous. Anyway, they all got mixed up and I don't know which is which any more.

Life's too short... *Sad

Fafhrd, Jan 20, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

Microsoft to recall some Surface Pro power cables

1. Microsoft to recall some Surface Pro power cables - Similar Threads - Microsoft recall Surface

2. Power up surface pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power up surface pro: I am unable to start my surface pro 7. Nothing works to reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-up-surface-pro/f085f90b-222f-4350-9d16-ace978bc5888
  3. Power up surface pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power up surface pro: I am unable to start my surface pro 7. Nothing works to reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-up-surface-pro/f085f90b-222f-4350-9d16-ace978bc5888
  4. document recall Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    document recall Microsoft 10: got a correct download of micro10. now I can not open my documents with out a app. I called app up and it's been running for 10 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-recall-microsoft-10/6d82a7b9-9f8d-4db1-b6e3-f1f06abc9428
  5. document recall Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    document recall Microsoft 10: got a correct download of micro10. now I can not open my documents with out a app. I called app up and it's been running for 10 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-recall-microsoft-10/6d82a7b9-9f8d-4db1-b6e3-f1f06abc9428
  6. document recall Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Surface Pro power profiles missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro power profiles missing: I'm trying to set up a high performance power plan for my surface pro so I can disable CPU throttling while on AC power. However, when creating a new power plan, none of the advanced options such as CPU throttling are available. I have already run powercfg...
  8. surface pro 2 power cover

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface pro 2 power cover: hi. I am having an issue with my type covers. I have one that is just a type cover and one that is a power cover. when I connect my type cover, it is recognized and I am able to use it. however, I connected my power cover today just so I can charge it together with my surface...
  9. power cable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power cable: When I plugged in my power cable, I checked the battery life. it said plugged in, not charging. how can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cable/cd7d06a9-e687-4776-bc22-5050ade24765
  10. What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I am wondering what is the best power supply to purchase for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 to carry around in case I need to recharge it. The power supply that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4 will be staying at home. Thank you for all suggestions. 32924