Windows 10: Microsoft to remove WoSign and StartCom certificates in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft to remove WoSign and StartCom certificates in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has concluded that the Chinese Certificate Authorities (CAs) WoSign and StartCom have failed to maintain the standards required by our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft to remove WoSign and StartCom certificates in Windows 10

Source: Microsoft to remove WoSign and StartCom certificates in Windows 10 Windows Security

:)

Brink, Aug 8, 2017
  2. mcluki99 Win User

Windows Phone 7: Exchange email attachments will not download

as I am clueless about IT issues and am trying to troubleshoot this myself can you please send us a link for this. I downloaded my companies certificate on my Lumia 900 which could be the issue.

Amazing how this is still a problem after over 1.25 years.

Sorry - I can't send anything. I'm not using private certificates but a certificate from StartCom. Their root certificate is "baked into" Internet Explorer in Windows but it is not included in the mobile IE version and I guess this causes the trouble on the
    phone. I had to install StartCom's root certificate manually in order to get my exchange account working with SSL, but I can't download attachments like all of you...

I was just guessing that it could/would work flawless if Microsoft simply included StartCom's root certificate by default - as they're doing on their desktop OS.

But - let's wait for the "soon to be released" (tango?) update...

mcluki99, Aug 8, 2017
  3. Cannot open attachments on windows mobile 6.1 and 6.5

on the server we have installed a valid certificate, but the root certificate was not installed on the mobile devices (because it is free certifcate from startcom, the root certificate of startcom is not installed per default on the clients - therefore
    the server side certificate can't be validated).

as said before, i had no problems syncing the contacts, mails, etc. - i only got a message, that the certificate of the server can't be validated when i made my first sync.

after i installed the root certificate (DER format) of startcom on my mobile device, the servercertificate could be validated and it works like a charm.

hope that helps

maybe this thread helps too: Internal Server Error

punkmuckel, Aug 8, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft to remove WoSign and StartCom certificates in Windows 10

1. Microsoft to remove WoSign and StartCom certificates in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft remove WoSign

2. Microsoft certificates EAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft certificates EAC: Hey, ever since I installed Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022913, I am unable to play games with EasyAntiCheat. I'm resorting to this forum as I have tried everything I could see on the internet formatting excluded. So, the error says...
  3. Remove Old Certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Old Certificates: How do I remove expired certificates from my edge://settings/privacy area?&How do I remove expired certificates from my Windows 10 Pro system settings?I’m just trying to keep all privacy settings up to date and I’ve read on many sites it can be dangerous to keep expired...
  4. Remove Old Certificates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Old Certificates: How do I remove expired certificates from my edge://settings/privacy area?&How do I remove expired certificates from my Windows 10 Pro system settings?I’m just trying to keep all privacy settings up to date and I’ve read on many sites it can be dangerous to keep expired...
  5. Remove Old Certificates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Toxic Root-CA certificates of WoSign and StartCom are still active in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Toxic Root-CA certificates of WoSign and StartCom are still active in Windows 10: The root-CA certificates of WoSign and StartCom should be removed by Microsoft in 2017 due to their notoriety i.e. issuing fake/backdating certificates etc.. I am using Windows 10 Education Version 2004; OS build 19041.804, and at `certmgr.msc` I just saw that their...
  7. Microsoft Windows Certificate Expired?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Windows Certificate Expired?: I opened taskmgr.exe today and I saw that the verified publisher in UAC dialog is Unknown, not Microsoft Windows. (if it's Microsoft Windows it won't open an UAC like that!). I opened Task Manager properties and in the Digital Signatures, I saw that the Microsoft Windows...
  8. Microsoft Certification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Certification: which is the best Microsoft certification to take right now for Windows 10. Most certifications am seeing on the Microsoft website looks to retire soon like ending of the month. Any idea what I can take to broaden my windows 10 knowledge...
  9. Windows 10 certification

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 certification: Does anyone know where you can get certified on Windows 10. I would like to know where to start the procedure of learning Windows 10. Thanks 120350
  10. Microsoft Certification

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Certification: If you’ve ever thought about certification – now is the time. I think I have the best job at Microsoft as I get to help people skill up and achieve more as they embrace there own digital transformation journey, something I feel like I have been working towards my whole...