Windows 10: Microsoft to replace Control Panel with Windows 10 Settings app

Discus and support Microsoft to replace Control Panel with Windows 10 Settings app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) provides users with two ways to access settings, the traditional Control Panel with access to various functions and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft to replace Control Panel with Windows 10 Settings app

:)

Brink, Mar 17, 2015

2. When will Control Panel be completely gone in Windows 10?

Would Control Panel be replaced by the Settings app in future Windows 10 builds and be completely gone. If so then what Windows 10 build would have Control Panel be completely gone and replaced the Settings app?

brennanelijahhanaleitorresbeht, Mar 17, 2015
  3. WindowsOS Win User
    When will Control Panel be completely gone in Windows 10?

Nobody knows exactly when all the items in the Control Panel will be migrated to the Settings App but it will happen eventually probably a few items at a time.

WindowsOS, Mar 17, 2015
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Hmmm. . . not sure this is all that important information at this point especially sense it was brought up before, albeit there will be those who think that it will be totally stupid because it will confuse the . . . out of the average user. . .*Smile

5. Mystere Win User
    Well, probably because people keep filing bug reports about having two places for settings. And probably because every review of Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 makes a point of calling it out and talking about how MS can't get its act together.

Mystere, Mar 17, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    As long as I can find what I'm looking for it doesn't matter to me.

Winuser, Mar 17, 2015
  7. Victek Win User
    Victek, May 9, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Centralize all of the settings in one place for all Win10 platforms.

BunnyJ, May 9, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In addition, the Settings app is more touch friendly.

Brink, May 9, 2015
  10. If they are going to do it, why don't they just do it and get it over with?

They've been d******* around with this since W8. *Mad

lehnerus2000, May 9, 2015
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    They think that touch is the future and don't really care what the desktop customers think. Just another indication that the traditional desktop user is getting the short end of the stick.

12. labeeman Win User
    We will be lucky to get a stick much less a short end of one.LOL

labeeman, May 10, 2015
  13. rfruth Win User

We'll get the stick I just hope there is some Vaseline to go with it - ROTFLMAO

rfruth, May 10, 2015
  14. davehc Win User
    No worries. If you look back on the history of "friendly" hacking, I am confidant that within a short period, someone will find a way to reinstate the CP:

davehc, May 10, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    It'll all work out in the end, it's just that the end is no where in sight! *Wink

Edwin, May 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft to replace Control Panel with Windows 10 Settings app - Similar Threads - Microsoft replace Control

2. "Settings app" aka the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Settings app" aka the control panel: Is there any way to change the layout of what they now call the "settings app"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-aka-the-control-panel/ed3d1443-6f70-4f8c-a080-3557b6043b25
  3. "Settings app" aka the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Settings app" aka the control panel: Is there any way to change the layout of what they now call the "settings app"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-aka-the-control-panel/ed3d1443-6f70-4f8c-a080-3557b6043b25
  4. Windows 10 Control Panel Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Control Panel Settings: Windows 10 is really annoying me right now, I need to make my standard user account into a administrative account however whenever I go on the control panel or click Windows Image+ R combination on my keyboard it is supposed o give me the option of making changes to my pc as...
  5. Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’: Windows 10 still comes with the familiar Control Panel and it also has the Windows 8-era Settings app, which includes additional customization features. However, users still have to look in Control Panel for many options. Like Control Panel, Windows 10 Settings app is...
  6. Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...

in Windows 10 News
    Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...: When Microsoft announced that it would replace the entire Control Panel with the Settings app in Windows 10, no one thought that it would take the company longer than five years to achieve that goal. Microsoft migrated some Control Panel applets to the Settings application...
  7. Possible to replace setting with control-panel everywhere?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to replace setting with control-panel everywhere?: Just wondered if it would be possible to change every button that links to a page in the settings app to link to classic control-panel like in Win 8.1? Like "Sound" or "Display settings" etc.. Maybe someone has written a script or something similar? Would this be possible...
  8. Windows 10 Search not indexing settings app and control panel

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not indexing settings app and control panel: I am running Windows 10 Pro 1809 on a Dell XPS 15 For some reason, search does not show any results from the settings app or the control panel. I have tried rebuilding the index, checking for the index in...
  9. Will Settings eventually replace Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Settings eventually replace Control Panel?: At the start when I heard that Windows 10 was going to have a "Settings" app alongside Control Panel, I thought it was silly. Jumping ahead to now, I kind of like Settings. It makes doing some things easier and puts it all in one place (Although the taskbar options, like...
  10. Settings App vs. Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App vs. Control Panel?: I've tried using the Settings App, but I always seem to end up using Control Panel? Is it just me, or is the Settings App just a partial duplication of CP? 9986

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting app vs control panel