Windows 10: Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report

Discus and support Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's Windows team may share its high-level plans for its next-generation Windows 'Threshold' release at its upcoming Build developers show,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by savlaka, Nov 14, 2008.

1. savlaka Win User

Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report

Read more at: http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-to-sh...rt-7000025047/

savlaka, Nov 14, 2008
  2. psychomania---01, Nov 13, 2008
  3. xicxac Win User
    why name it windows 10 and not 9?

What happened to Windows 9?

There was never a Windows 9, Microsoft skipped this number and went to 10 instead. Company officials decided to choose 10 because they believe this release is a 'Perfect 10' and to also signify this is the last major release of Windows. There will
    still be revisions of Windows 10, just don't expect there to be a Windows 11, Windows 12 etc. Initially revealed at BUILD 2014 as a minor update called ‘Threshold’, Windows 10 was originally intended be a minor Update 2 for Windows 8.1. Somewhere along the
    way, plans changed and the operating system evolved into the major revision we have today.

xicxac, Nov 13, 2008
  4. Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report

Slow startup after Windows 10 Threshold 2 update

Here the same "Very slow boot" and slow "Login Windows" screen after Threshold 2 update.

I have a Alienware Area-51 R2 (2014) PC with Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Before this Threshold 2 update it was all super fast.

ShadowFold, Nov 13, 2008
  5. mc-dexter Win User
    Please ditch Metro and bring back the start button and normal log in. I would buy it day one.

mc-dexter, Nov 13, 2008
  6. MRCL Win User
    Microsoft reportedly planning Windows 9 release in April 2015

Microsoft is currently working on an "Update 1" for Windows 8.1, but the company has bigger plans for the future of Windows as part of a "Threshold" wave of updates. Windows watcher Paul Thurrott reports that the company’s Threshold plans will involve a release of Windows 9 around April 2015. Microsoft will allegedly unveil its vision for Windows 9 at the company’s Build 2014 developer conference in April, with a release planned for a year later.

More HERE

7. mc-dexter Win User
    Agree *Smile

mc-dexter, Nov 13, 2008
  8. Paulieg Win User

Looks like even more tile sizes for Metro tiles. The extra big size may be good for live tiles. For those of us that actually use them that is. *Wink

I'm not opposed to the old start menu, just make it optional. It's not something I would use but its something a lot of users want back. Same with Metro, I use it but some don't care for it.

I really hope Metro becomes Windowed like the Desktop. The full screen lock in doesn't appeal to me.

Paulieg, Nov 13, 2008
Thema:

1. Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report - Similar Threads - Microsoft share Threshold

2. Forbes reports Microsoft plans on adding Advertising to Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forbes reports Microsoft plans on adding Advertising to Microsoft Mail: Given all the issues Microsoft has caused with current updates, don't you think your customers deserve some respect? We have chosen to put up with your problems because you deliver a relatively good product without the advertising hype we have to put up with on other...
  3. Is this the latest threshold 2 iso build?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this the latest threshold 2 iso build?: Hi again folks, Wanting to keep some of my computers at windows 7 for software compatibility, while at the same time do want to do a few upgrades to windows 10 and want the easiest option. I understand that the latest build ISO has been pulled by Microsoft (Threshold...
  4. Windows Threshold: Partners get access to the builds

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Threshold: Partners get access to the builds: Later this month, Microsoft is expected to release a public build of Windows Threshold for use by developers and enthusiasts alike. But, if you are a top tier Microsoft partner, there is a good chance that you already have access to these builds. It was tipped to Neowin a...
  5. Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2: RTM users are expected to receive it next week Microsoft has remained completely tight-lipped on Windows 10 Threshold 2, but according to people close to the matter, this eagerly anticipated update is due next week for RTM users. The latest preview build that...
  6. Microsoft to highlight its 'One Windows' progress at Build 2014

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to highlight its 'One Windows' progress at Build 2014: What's on tap for Microsoft's Build conference this week? Here's what we know and what we think we know. While Microsoft execs have made substantial progress in the past couple of years toward breaking down silos inside the company, there's still a long road ahead. This...
  7. Windows 9 to Reach RTM in Late 2014 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Reach RTM in Late 2014 – Report: It’s no secret that Microsoft wants Windows 9 on the market as soon as possible, and now it appears that the company is speeding up the development process so much that the operating system could reach RTM before the end of the year. Microsoft hasn’t yet publicly talked...
  8. Windows 9 to Reach RTM in October 2014 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Reach RTM in October 2014 – Report: Windows 9 is expected to launch in early 2015, but according to some new details, the company might actually complete the development process as soon as this year. Citing information provided by Windows leaker WZOR, Win8China is reporting that Windows 9 is scheduled to...
  9. Windows 'Threshold': More on Microsoft's plan to win over Windows 7 users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 'Threshold': More on Microsoft's plan to win over Windows 7 users: Windows "Threshold," the next major version of Microsoft's Windows operating system due to hit around the spring of 2015, is coming into focus. And not too surprisingly, one of the Microsoft Operating Systems Group's main goals in designing and developing the coming...
  10. Microsoft Delays Windows 9 News, No Info at BUILD 2014

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Delays Windows 9 News, No Info at BUILD 2014: Windows 9 is expected to be Microsoft’s next big update for the Windows product family and people close to the matter explained that the BUILD 2014 developer conference in San Francisco was the moment when the company was supposed to share some details on this new project....