Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report

Discus and support Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Microsoft's Windows team may share its high-level plans for its next-generation Windows 'Threshold' release at its upcoming Build developers show,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by savlaka, Nov 14, 2008.

1. savlaka Win User

Read more at: http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-to-sh...rt-7000025047/

savlaka, Nov 14, 2008
  2. psychomania---01 Win User
    psychomania---01, Nov 14, 2008
  3. xicxac Win User
    why name it windows 10 and not 9?

What happened to Windows 9?

There was never a Windows 9, Microsoft skipped this number and went to 10 instead. Company officials decided to choose 10 because they believe this release is a 'Perfect 10' and to also signify this is the last major release of Windows. There will
    still be revisions of Windows 10, just don't expect there to be a Windows 11, Windows 12 etc. Initially revealed at BUILD 2014 as a minor update called ‘Threshold’, Windows 10 was originally intended be a minor Update 2 for Windows 8.1. Somewhere along the
    way, plans changed and the operating system evolved into the major revision we have today.

xicxac, Nov 14, 2008
  4. ShadowFold Win User

Slow startup after Windows 10 Threshold 2 update

Here the same "Very slow boot" and slow "Login Windows" screen after Threshold 2 update.

I have a Alienware Area-51 R2 (2014) PC with Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Before this Threshold 2 update it was all super fast.

ShadowFold, Nov 14, 2008
  5. mc-dexter Win User
    Please ditch Metro and bring back the start button and normal log in. I would buy it day one.

mc-dexter, Nov 14, 2008
  6. MRCL Win User
    Microsoft reportedly planning Windows 9 release in April 2015

Microsoft is currently working on an "Update 1" for Windows 8.1, but the company has bigger plans for the future of Windows as part of a "Threshold" wave of updates. Windows watcher Paul Thurrott reports that the company’s Threshold plans will involve a release of Windows 9 around April 2015. Microsoft will allegedly unveil its vision for Windows 9 at the company’s Build 2014 developer conference in April, with a release planned for a year later.

More HERE

7. mc-dexter Win User
    Agree *Smile

mc-dexter, Nov 14, 2008
  8. Paulieg Win User

Looks like even more tile sizes for Metro tiles. The extra big size may be good for live tiles. For those of us that actually use them that is. *Wink

I'm not opposed to the old start menu, just make it optional. It's not something I would use but its something a lot of users want back. Same with Metro, I use it but some don't care for it.

I really hope Metro becomes Windowed like the Desktop. The full screen lock in doesn't appeal to me.

Paulieg, Nov 14, 2008
Thema:

Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report - Similar Threads - Microsoft share Threshold

1. Excellent Microsoft Money Utility for Fund & Share Quotes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excellent Microsoft Money Utility for Fund & Share Quotes: I noted a few people on the forum are still using the excellent Microsoft Money program for managing finances. I have Money 2005 which is the last UK supported version. Some time ago fund & share price updates stopped working. I've just found this excellent utility for $10...
  2. Computex 2018 - Microsoft shares vision for future of computing

in Windows 10 News
    Computex 2018 - Microsoft shares vision for future of computing: Today at Computex 2018, Nick Parker, Corporate Vice President, Consumer and Device Sales – along with executives from Microsoft’s engineering, marketing, and research teams – shared more about our vision for the future of computing and the opportunity it represents for our...
  3. Microsoft To Do application to bring List Sharing feature to Windows 10, iOS , Android, and...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft To Do application to bring List Sharing feature to Windows 10, iOS , Android, and...: We have heard rumors earlier that Microsoft is working on a new “List Sharing” option which would be introduced in its To Do application for all platforms. Today the Redmond Giant in a blog post has confirmed that the To Do application will be getting the new List Sharing...
  4. Microsoft Visual Studio Live Share now available to testers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Visual Studio Live Share now available to testers: Microsoft's Visual Studio Live Share, now in preview, allows Visual Studio and VS Code programmers to collaborate using their languages and frameworks of choice. Late last year, Microsoft offered a sneak peek of a new service that would allow developers to collaborate and...
  5. A new Microsoft Store revenue share is coming

in Windows 10 News
    A new Microsoft Store revenue share is coming: Microsoft Store continues to evolve to be the best destination for Windows 10 users to discover and download Microsoft-verified applications that deliver predictable performance. Microsoft Store is also the best destination on Windows 10 for developers to reach new audiences...
  6. Microsoft Edge: How to hide the 'Add Notes' and 'Share' buttons?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: How to hide the 'Add Notes' and 'Share' buttons?: Greetings! I was wondering if there was a way to hide these two buttons on the top right corner of the browser? I love using edge but the one thing I dislike about it, is the lack of customization for users. I was wondering if anyone had a sneaky way of hiding the two...
  7. Share using the Mail App in Microsoft Edge works about half the time

in Browsers and Email
    Share using the Mail App in Microsoft Edge works about half the time: When I try to share a website using the Mail App in Microsoft Edge, the first time I try the Mail App window opens, stays blank, and does nothing else. The second time I try to share the email completes and I'm able to send. I then try to share another site with the Mail App,...