Windows 10: Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments

Discus and support Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments [img] Microsoft Corp said on Wednesday it will begin warning users of its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments

Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments

Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments [​IMG]
    Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...0UE00720151231

:)

Cluster Head, Dec 30, 2015
  2. BarWur Win User

WHY DIDN'T MICROSOFT WARN USERS OF OLDER PRINTERS THAT WINDOWS 10 WOULD NOT SUPPORT THESE PRINTERS?

1) Please do not phrase your statements ad hominem but rather reflect the subject at hand.

2) I repeat your statement: "It's Not really Microsoft's job to update printer drivers, it's the printer manufacture's job to update the driver to work with Windows 10. In this case Lexmark."

This is not correct. In my case I don't need external drivers, the drivers come from Microsoft themselves (MS-driver), they are installed by default. If the device was not compatible, the OS would not recognize the device and would not install the correct
    drivers.

How do I know these are indeed the correct drivers?

After I apply the "disable/enable" fix for the lpt-port the device works perfectly (as decribed here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-and-parallel-port-lpt-printer-doesnt/4f3ab63c-d6c6-4815-bff2-65c8ad6357d1
    ).

Therefore: The driver is perfectly fine but Microsoft effed up the lpt/com-ports.

3) Furthermore: Economic actualities and security trump any shoddy technology.

I know of companies who use really old hardware and software because every new technology fails miserably.

I know of an airport, which still uses Windows NT 3.1 (and XP) for essential tasks and will continue to do so.

There are computers run by NASA and the military which are 40 years old.

And Unix- and Linux-based systems rule the market of servers, mainframes and supercomputers, where long-term reliability is key.

4) I repeat the topic: "Why didn't Microsoft warn users of older printers that windows 10 would not support these printers?"

So the complaint was not even about the hardware not working but the lack of information or rather the presence of disinformation about it.

If they want to drop the support for old hardware, THAT IS FINE but they have to be open about it. Instead their adware kept insisting that everything was o.k., which in fact, was wrong. This is either incompetency or malevolence or both. Take your pick.

We hereby conclude:

My comment added to the subject matter and contained information.

I stated my opinion and reinforced it with facts.

I have an idea of the economic reality.

I have added to your education.

I think you will agree, that you did very little of the sort but rather tried to paint me stupid and to equal technology made by man to laws of nature. "Things are just the way they are and we can not question them or try to do anything about it" is a rather
    depressing attitude.

BarWur, Dec 30, 2015
  3. BarWur Win User
    WHY DIDN'T MICROSOFT WARN USERS OF OLDER PRINTERS THAT WINDOWS 10 WOULD NOT SUPPORT THESE PRINTERS?

Ah no. No. Just no.

First: This is not a problem of the printer but the LPT-port. In this case: Microsoft.

Second: If they want to drop support for old hardware, that's fine but they have to announce it and not sneak it in. On the contrary: even their update-thingy does not warn you about it.

Third: Parallel and serial ports are no rocket science.

Fourth: They put in adware and spyware but are not able to support these ports. What?

I use about a dozen card printers in my company. They have parallel and serial ports. They dont work with USB-adapters.

Now, moving to Windows 10:

• We are expected to throw away perfecty fine equipment and supplies.
    • We need to buy new hardware, the cheapest ones are about 600 $ per piece.
    • We need to setup, install, configure, test it.
    • We need to instruct our coworkers and do troubleshooting.
    • This is a lot of money and time to invest to achieve NOTHING new.
    Ergo: Win7 plus no recommendations for Win10 it is.

BarWur, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Atomic77 Win User

Oh my freakin gosh this is not good. I wonder why they would do this? Its good that Microsoft is warning people about this though.

Atomic77, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft to warn email users of suspected hacking by governments - Similar Threads - Microsoft warn email

2. BITS Stopped suspected hack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITS Stopped suspected hack: Hello, I'm having some difficulties with BITS it randomly stops and I suspect a hacker is entering my pc.Here is the log from my terminal https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fXgIyER2LRlUT9uLSfmceHUCvv689bGB/view?usp=sharing...
  3. BITS Stopped suspected hack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BITS Stopped suspected hack: Hello, I'm having some difficulties with BITS it randomly stops and I suspect a hacker is entering my pc.Here is the log from my terminal https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fXgIyER2LRlUT9uLSfmceHUCvv689bGB/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Google sent 12k warnings about government-backed attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Google sent 12k warnings about government-backed attacks: Google sent more than 12,000 security warnings to users in 149 countries about email attacks coming from a government-backed hacking group. The number only includes alerts sent between July and September 2019 (Q3 2019), Google said in a blog post today authored by Shane...
  5. email warning for russia hacking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    email warning for russia hacking: Account unusual sign-in activity I received this email from MS-Support Centre <outlook_77740B108D2DB44D@ outlook.com> on 8/13/19. It listed dozens of email addresses with a generic "hello" salutation followed by detailed login date and time with IP and specific geo location...
  6. warning Hacked

warning Hacked: I don't know what to do .My surface pro is warning that ive been hacked,.and locked out.i cant do anything.I need Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/warning-hacked/7d6e9770-34e2-460a-9131-eff5cbb06d2a
  7. U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users

U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users: Hi, I received following link /news from US dept . of Homeland Security, regarding Windows security issue. U.S. Government Announces Critical Warning For Microsoft Windows Users...
  8. suspect email from Microsoft

suspect email from Microsoft: I suspect this is a fake email address on an email sent to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/suspect-email-from-microsoft/82bb1d3b-2a58-4c65-9b4f-cef736fbea65
  9. FBI Hacking Warning.

FBI Hacking Warning.: FBI says Russians hacked hundreds of thousands of home and office routers | Technology | The Guardian 111104
  10. How to contact Microsoft Governance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to contact Microsoft Governance: I give up. Since Microsoft bought out Skype, it has become too much hassle to log in. I've spent hours dealing with "try another account or Facebook" type ideas, changing passwords, and the rest. So it's goodbye Skype for me. In past cases like this, I've sent an email to...