Windows 10: Microsoft tool to move Windows to SSD

Discus and support Microsoft tool to move Windows to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is Windows migration to SSD not supported by Microsoft? And why is microsoft allowing vendors to hurt their product line by selling windows on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr. Jakes, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Mr. Jakes Win User

Microsoft tool to move Windows to SSD

Why is Windows migration to SSD not supported by Microsoft?

And why is microsoft allowing vendors to hurt their product line by selling windows on hard disk drives?

I can’t believe HP and Target were the only ones thinking about it first; although for newbies they included extra software with their non-hard disk versions; Not surprising, Target is ahead in marketing because they support European distribution/supply chains and logistic strategies; and not to mention we seem to let Europe run our energy sector which is where the new tech goes.

So how did I find out about the benefits of SSD?

It certainly wasn’t slow demo laptops at best buy and wal mart?

My friend brought me an HP Stream laptop from Target that got a phishing / remote login attack; McAfee and the resources got stuck at 100% usage; so I started repairs only to learn it had an eMMC disk which is like an SSD.

Once i got it working, it was my first time ever seeing windows 10 perform properly.

SSD is able to move data streaming fast; offering connections like m.2/SATA/USB plus NVMe or SATA—with a master boot record or a general partition table.

LISTEN: GPT is difficult to work with in the basic input output system, because in the disk format for Windows, the order of disk regions matters; aka partitions. Also NVMe must boot from a UEFI USB to even see it for some operating systems.

I tried copying over everything from one disk to the SSD and setting it to boot, but it would only freeze after making it halfway to windows login.

The copy process broke twice due to locked files; it had to be done from recovery mode command prompt.

I already had my windows install USB so I turned off the Hard Disk amd did a clean install to the SSD. It turns out the 100 to 500 megabyte EFI System partition has to go first; now it runs.

Listen dont waste time cloning. The SSD installs in minutes; and since it is the same computer, the license is going to work.

If i knew that, I never would’ve wasted my time copying the files over. Why, SySWoW has hundreds of thousands of emulation drivers since AMD owns the 64-bit patent for Intel multicore chips; which is a lie, that simulates the cores; it is not real like Sony; but Sony/IBM/Phillips, Sega DreamCast, and Microsoft got hurt by the limits of proprietary software, chip cloning, and the Tsunami.

Intel started emulating dual-core itself after AMD started prioritizing process streams; and soon Linus Torvalds joined Transmeta and Cyrix who destroyed themselves by wasting time on a law suit to start the first software/EFI-style booting.

Now, we all suffer because Intel started cloning; and now we have to wait for Intel to figure it out. Not to forget, everyone went after Microsoft for Monopoly but it is actually Epic and Microsoft who have to go after Apple Store just like everyone went after Amazon for unfair pricing strategies. Leave Microsoft alone.

In the meantime, ARM processors/mobile options came out that hurt the market with new techniques. Also, GPUs started claiming VR but the TV/monitor refreshes were fake; TV companies overclock and clone their processors; so they are not really 120Hz; and suffer passive/active issues. Why? Everyone thinks they want wireless; but that killed 3D and even ethernet over HDMI which only comes from the blue-ray player’s 3D server.

Why pay $50,000 to be an HDMI developer to kill off your 3D? Why let fake tech push you down. And bad hardware to bring you down. Listen magnetic and wired are best for long term if you font drop it; and tape is best. SSD has s limit to writes and if USB is unplugged during write it can destroy the partition. So be smart. Dont accept cheap tech.

The media and computer edge is Asia and Europe, not America. Remember new desktops at $6000. Will sanctions dont stop the future. The future acually costs $8000 from Asus for a ZenBook to crush MacBook. Not the US version. Look at Asus Japan. We need it here.

Even 5G and Quantum Computing are a lie most of the time because they are emulated or simulated too. Why go wireless on false hopes?

Even cable is going wireless with the HD signal boxes soon to replace a wired cable box; like Europe, pay per view and decryption will become a password or pre-paid card; the only problem is GSM/LTE and 600MHz cell phones must get filtered. The filters are $5-$7 dollars but used to be $300-$2000. And how are you going to get reliable cellular internet without Wi-Max and Microwave?

Now we have to settle for the test versions of everything? Even security?

The McAfee did not protect from java script getting drive access; and only Microsoft or Sophos have good controls; so protection and drive transfer need to be done by Microsoft. I turned on the new settings in Turn on Features and it even locks USB :

Yet, Intel cancelled their migration tool; Samsung and PNY only work on a USB cable or Samsung’s own drive to transfer to SSD, and microsoft command line gets blocked by anti-virus?

Microsoft needs their own tool. If they have one what is it? Why are my search results all third party?

:)

Mr. Jakes, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Giletus Win User

Windows Vista Tools Needed

I am looking for some good reg. cleaner and basic software tools for windows visa that are free? Anyone have and suggestions? *Respect :respect:

Giletus, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft tool to move Windows to SSD

Need OverClocking Tools.

By OC tools do you mean that will overclock the CPU and ram as well?

If so I suggest either the windows tool that most likely came with the motherboard(if windows is a must)

I honestly suggest you use the BIOS to Oc that PC tho!

sneekypeet, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft tool to move Windows to SSD

1. Microsoft tool to move Windows to SSD - Similar Threads - Microsoft tool move

2. Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD: The past few days, I've been having issues with my boot drive. I keep getting the A2 error on my mobo. I installed the SSD in 2017 and am going to buy a new one before it completely dies. I don't want to rebuy windows. What's the best way for me to move windows onto a new...
  3. Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD: The past few days, I've been having issues with my boot drive. I keep getting the A2 error on my mobo. I installed the SSD in 2017 and am going to buy a new one before it completely dies. I don't want to rebuy windows. What's the best way for me to move windows onto a new...
  4. Moving tool bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving tool bar: I can not figure out how to move the tool bar from the side back to the bottom. I tried to search for this but they referred to a different tool bar on a different page. The tool bar was moved after my puppy stepped on my key board. And she stepped on it sense then and it...
  5. Moving to an SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving to an SSD: Is there a way to easily move my Windows 10 instalation from my HDD to a new SSD, without having to reinstall any of my programs? submitted by /u/Richard32009 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0gbby/moving_to_an_ssd/
  6. Move windows to ssd

Move windows to ssd: Hello, I have a hdd and ssd. My bios doesn't read my ssd so I had to add it manually in disk management. I want to move windows to ssd. Is it possible to move windows to ssd but leave everything else on the same drive. wpiing my pc isnt an option because then when I reinstall...
  7. Snipping tool moving...

Snipping tool moving...: Just like the advert said...I have a problem that after last W10 patch my snipping tool is moving up the bottom part by itself when I try to mark the part to screenshot. Anyone else experiencing this? submitted by /u/ghoulas [link] [comments]...
  8. Moving Windows Installation to SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving Windows Installation to SSD: I recently had to take my computer to the shop because the latest Windows update crashed it. They reinstalled windows and got it working again. However, I noticed that windows had been installed on my hard drive, not on my SSD like it used to be. Not only that, but my SSD...
  9. SSD and partition tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD and partition tool: I have a notebook with a Samsung 850 Evo SSD. I want to reduce partition where Windows 10 is installed and I see that in Control Panel there is a tool for managing partition. I wonder if this tool takes in consideration 4096 bytes alignment recommended for SSD. Thanks! 61541
  10. Move Windows 10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Windows 10 to SSD: The C: drive on my computer is a HDD running Windows 10 Pro. I'm planning to install a SSD and make it my C: drive. Can I transfer my system to the SSD by doing a system image on my HHD and restoring the image to the SSD? Does anyone fresee any problems that I might have so I...