Windows 10: Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup

Discus and support Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; For a while now, not completely sure if it has been since I got a drawing tablet, every time I am prompted to enter my pin to login to my PC, the touch... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by zchbooth, Jun 8, 2021.

1. zchbooth Win User

Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup

For a while now, not completely sure if it has been since I got a drawing tablet, every time I am prompted to enter my pin to login to my PC, the touch keyboard appears.This is annoying.I hardly use my tablet now and it is always disconnected from the PC but I still have this annoying keyboard pop up every time I want to login.Even disabling touch typing services is futile, as every time I restart my PC, it is re enabled in automatic instead of disabled.Any suggestions?

:)

zchbooth, Jun 8, 2021
  2. red197 Win User

Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

Hi,

I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard pops up, even though I have a (bluetooth) keyboard attached. I'd like to get rid of this behavior, HOWEVER, it's mandatory that I have either the touch keyboard or a screen keyboard when i start my tablet in order to be able to sign in to my account. at that point the system does not recognize an external keyboard. Can anyone tell me how to accomplished this: the steps to disable the annoying popup touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available at startup?

Thanks in advance for any help.

red197, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup

Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup

1. Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup - Similar Threads - Microsoft touch keyboard

2. Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays: As in the title, any time I select a field on one of my non-touch displays the touch keyboard is appearing there and cannot be placed on the main, touch screen display by default....
  3. Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Touch keyboard is appearing on non-touch displays: As in the title, any time I select a field on one of my non-touch displays the touch keyboard is appearing there and cannot be placed on the main, touch screen display by default....
  4. Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically: Hello,I'm currently having a problem on a PC with a touch screen.When I click on a text field, the touch keyboard does not appear automatically whether in desktop mode or in tablet modeI have already enabled the setting "Enable touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and no...
  5. Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically

Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically: Hello,I'm currently having a problem on a PC with a touch screen.When I click on a text field, the touch keyboard does not appear automatically whether in desktop mode or in tablet modeI have already enabled the setting "Enable touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and no...
  6. Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear: Two days ago I received my new Surface Studio laptop. After playing with it for two days, I realized that I have never been able to get the touch keyboard to appear. I have the icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the taskbar, but touching/clicking it does nothing. In...
  7. Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear

Windows 11 Touch Keyboard will not appear: Two days ago I received my new Surface Studio laptop. After playing with it for two days, I realized that I have never been able to get the touch keyboard to appear. I have the icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the taskbar, but touching/clicking it does nothing. In...
  8. Microsoft Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Touch Keyboard: Hello, I am trying to turn off the touch keyboard and I've followed the steps from another post but it doesn't work and I've restarted my PC multiple times but the keyboard is still activated and all I'm trying to do is turn it off....
  9. On screen keyboard appears on startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    On screen keyboard appears on startup.: BACKGROUND: I have a new surface pro6 with keyboard cover and a desktop machine. Both run Win10 pro. The Surface pro 6 is a replacement since the first one's WIFI system failed. At some point when setting up the original SP6, I must have clicked something which allowed...
  10. Force touch keyboard to appear always?

in Windows 10 Support
    Force touch keyboard to appear always?: I have a so called "Hybrid" device. But I use it mainly in a "docked Tablet mode" like this: [img] When I undock the tablet, the touch keyboard appears correctly, but in docked mode, it won't show up. I can display the touch keyboard manually, but is there any chance...