Windows 10: Microsoft Trackball Explorer - how to make it work with Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Trackball Explorer - how to make it work with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As you are already aware from a frustrating search session Windows 10 drivers are currently not available unless you got lucky and landed here first.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JefferyHall, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Microsoft Trackball Explorer - how to make it work with Windows 10

As you are already aware from a frustrating search session Windows 10 drivers are currently not available unless you got lucky and landed here first. Anyways I would suggest you to download Windows 8 drivers and install them in compatibility mode. The steps below are what I did and it is working perfectly.

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-gb/d/trackball-explorer

To install the drivers in compatibility mode follow these steps:
    a. Right click on setup file.
    b. Click on Properties.
    c. Click on Compatibility tab.
    d. Put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    e. Select the supported operating system.
    f. Put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level.
    g. OK your way out of those windows and then right click the .exe file and click run as administrator running installer as administrator may not be necessary, but I did this and it worked so...
    steps d-f can be done for all users which I would do even if I planned to be the only user by clicking the "Change settings for all users" button at the bottom of the window and checking those two boxes there.

You will probably get a message saying "this software may not work on this version operating system" or something like that, say Yes/OK to continue.

After the installer runs it will show a little your device is ready window in the bottom right of the screen click that and set up your mouse buttons.

If you miss that window go to the Control Panel click on Mouse and it will bring up the Trackball Explorer in the Mouse Properties window.

:)

JefferyHall, Mar 24, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Microsoft Trackball Explorer - how to make it work with Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Microsoft Trackball

I'm not sure what you mean by 'trackball tools.' Microsoft no longer makes a trackball mouse. You can still

download drivers for the Trackball Explorer
    , but that mouse is not supported on Windows 10. If you've got the 32-bit version of Windows 10, the driver for 32-bit Windows 8 might work, but there's no way to know in advance how successful that will
    be.

It is not. You can see the mice that Microsoft still sells
    right here

0dcafe6b-10a8-4bc9-b8b2-213ccfc2f28c, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Microsoft Trackball Explorer - how to make it work with Windows 10

Need some opinions on a replacement Trackball Mice

Hi Everyone, I have used the Microsoft Trackball Explorer since it first hit the market, I've loved it because of it's large trackball and my big fat fingers work so well together, Microsoft discontinued the product and even though it can still be found on Amazon, I will not be paying over 600 for one ever.

The 2 that I own have been rebuilt, and rebuilt, and they have pretty much reached the end of the road, so I am looking for a new trackball mouse with a large trackball, I have other regular mice but I prefer the trackball as I like it stationary.

So I would like some suggestions from fellow trackball users of a good quality trackball with a large trackball, that you are personally using for gaming, please list the pros and cons or likes and dislikes of what you recommend?

Thank You! GM

GelatanousMuck, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Trackball Explorer - how to make it work with Windows 10

1. Microsoft Trackball Explorer - how to make it work with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Trackball Explorer

2. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Trackball Explorer: I am trying to get my Lenovo ThinkPad to work with my Trackball Explorer. I have recently retired and had to get a new laptop I purchased one the same as my previous that was working with the Trackball Explorer but cannot locate the drivers for use with the Trackball Explorer...
  3. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Trackball Explorer: I am trying to get my Lenovo ThinkPad to work with my Trackball Explorer. I have recently retired and had to get a new laptop I purchased one the same as my previous that was working with the Trackball Explorer but cannot locate the drivers for use with the Trackball Explorer...
  4. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

Microsoft Trackball Explorer: I really wish Microsoft would consider bringing back this product!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-trackball-explorer/18201582-78a8-4071-9e09-516ac99d5214
  6. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Trackball Explorer: I really wish Microsoft would consider bringing back this product!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-trackball-explorer/18201582-78a8-4071-9e09-516ac99d5214
  7. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

8. Microsoft Trackball Explorer v 1 usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Trackball Explorer v 1 usb: I have had my trackball explorer for almost 20 years love it to bits only replaced the ball bearings for ruby ones, and replaced the scroll switch.Up until yesterday when I accidentally installed clean copy of win 10 on my 20 years of Photos, Programs and Docs I usually don't...
  9. Microsoft Trackball Explorer v 1 usb

Microsoft Trackball Explorer v 1 usb: I have had my trackball explorer for almost 20 years love it to bits only replaced the ball bearings for ruby ones, and replaced the scroll switch.Up until yesterday when I accidentally installed clean copy of win 10 on my 20 years of Photos, Programs and Docs I usually don't...
  10. Microsoft Trackball Explorer v 1 usb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trackball explorer windows 10

2. trackball explorer usb windows 10