Windows 10: Microsoft Translator adds 6 new text to speech languages

Discus and support Microsoft Translator adds 6 new text to speech languages in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Translator adds 6 new languages to the list of text to speech languages, bringing the total number of supported languages to 36. Text to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Translator adds 6 new text to speech languages

Source: Introducing 6 new text to speech languages Translator

:)

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  2. Umar372 Win User

Adding Language Pack To Hololens

Hi,

I have a question about adding new language packs in Microsoft Hololens. Like the procedure told to add new language pack in Windows 10 is go to Region&Language option add new language and then download speech pack for that language as described in link below
    and it worked well on Desktop windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-5e5db6f9c5b0/cortana-s-regions-and-languages

But in case of Microsoft Hololens there is no option available to add
    new language for text to speech
    . If we go to Date,Time&Region option it just have option of changing region not to add the new language. Hololens has universal windows platform.

Is there any possibility to add new Language pack in Microsoft Hololens.

Best,

Umar

Umar372, Mar 8, 2018
  3. what is the difference between garage dictate and Windows 10 speech recognition?

Hi,

Windows Speech Recognition is a speech recognition component developed by
    Microsoft that enables the use of voice commands to perform operations, such as the dictation of text, within applications and the operating system itself.

Garage Dictate is pretty much the same with Speech Recognition. It uses your voice to type when you are tired.
    Dictate is an Office add-in for Windows Outlook, Word and PowerPoint that converts speech to text using the state-of-the-art speech recognition behind Cortana and Microsoft Translator.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Mar 8, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Translator adds 6 new text to speech languages

1. Microsoft Translator adds 6 new text to speech languages - Similar Threads - Microsoft Translator adds

2. How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...: How to install particular language For Ex: Arabic, Italian, Swedish, Spanish etc.. pack in Windows with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting" features enabled from native language pack list when these options are not enabled for the particular language in native...
  3. Language translation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language translation: My laptop is translating things into English. Fine but it's translating French addresses which is causing me problems. How do I switch off translation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-translation/0be4d1d8-9ed3-48e3-a71f-54959c162d7d
  4. Google Translate adds five languages

in Windows 10 News
    Google Translate adds five languages: Millions of people around the world use Google Translate, whether in a verbal conversation, or while navigating a menu or reading a webpage online. Translate learns from existing translations, which are most often found on the web. Languages without a lot of web content have...
  5. Disable or enable website language translation; Add or Change display language in Microsoft...

in Windows 10 News
    Disable or enable website language translation; Add or Change display language in Microsoft...: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is equipped with a native feature that brings translation features to the browser. In this post, we will show you how to disable […] This post Disable or enable website language translation; Add or Change display language in Microsoft Edge is from...
  6. marathi language text to speech and voice recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    marathi language text to speech and voice recognition: TTS text to speech for Marathi Is it possible to use text to speech for Indian language like Marathi and can we use voice input for the same with windows voice recognition....
  7. the new Text-to-Speech language install messes up my computer:(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the new Text-to-Speech language install messes up my computer:(: I have followed the instructions in this article . in order to add another voice( (asaf/hebrew) to window 10, that will work with my own language (hebrew) in NVDA , which is a very popular screen reader software. this is the article :...
  8. Microsoft Translator adds Telugu as a supported language

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Translator adds Telugu as a supported language: Microsoft Translator is excited to announce the launch of Telugu, our latest AI-powered text translation language.The launch of Telugu was officially announced at Interspeech 2018 in Hyderabad, India. Hyderabad is the capital of the Indian state of Telangana where Telugu is...
  9. Microsoft Translator gets Levantine Arabic as new translation language

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Translator gets Levantine Arabic as new translation language: Microsoft Translator has released Levantine, an Arabic dialect spoken in countries such as Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria, as its latest AI-powered speech translation language. It will help businesses, educators, travelers, and non-profits communicate across the language barrier...
  10. Microsoft Translator brings end-to-end speech translation

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Translator brings end-to-end speech translation: Today, we released a new version of Microsoft Translator API that adds real-time speech-to-speech (and speech to text) translation capabilities to the existing text translation API. Powered by Microsoft's state-of-the-art artificial intelligence technologies, this capability...