Windows 10: microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio is missing from device manager

Discus and support microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio is missing from device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 on a PC with an Intel i5-8400 & an ASUS Z370 mobo. The sound quality was rather flat, so I proceeded to tweak it with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Richmont Gan, Oct 16, 2018.

1. microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio is missing from device manager

I'm running Windows 10 on a PC with an Intel i5-8400 & an ASUS Z370 mobo. The sound quality was rather flat, so I proceeded to tweak it with the equalizer setting, whereupon I noticed that the Realtek HD audio drivers were actually missing. I installed these but afterwards, the associated icons did not appear anywhere on the taskbar. I couldn't open RtkNGUI64.exe manually either. So I tried to follow the suggested steps on fixing this issue, but when I opened the device manager, I couldn't find Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio under system devices or anywhere else.

It doesn't seem to be available at Asus, so where do I download this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Richmont Gan, Oct 16, 2018
  2. kenkickr Win User

Realtek Audio Drivers messed up - Microsoft UAA?

I would try this first: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...AA-Bus-Driver-for-High-Definition-Audio.shtml but uninstall your audio driver first, reboot, then install this M$ UAA driver. That is very strange that the realtek drivers didn't install this if its a HD audio chipset, I 've done it so many times at work it is basically routine. If that doesn't help there could be a driver conflict from the previous audio driver still trying to find its chipset which in turn is causing problems with the realtek not working.

kenkickr, Oct 16, 2018
  3. dadi_oh Win User

I installed a new motherboard ASUS P5K-SE to replace an ASUS P5N32E-SLI that died. The P5N32E-SLI had an Analog Devices sound chip but the P5K-SE has a Realtek chip. When I booted up into Windows the first time it installed all of the drivers required for the new board but the sound would not work. I checked in the device manager and there was one device that had a yellow exclamation mark "microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio".

I tried installing the Realtek drivers from the provided ASUS CD and also downloaded the latest drivers from ASUS (which I think were the same version). I tried manually updating driver on this one device but it can not find the driver files. At one point I was so frustrated I just deleted the device from the device manager and rebooted. This time it found a device called "PCI Device" (how helpful) and I can not find proper drivers for it anywhere. If I open the properties tab for the device and look at "device instance ID" it shows

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_829F1043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D8

When I search on the topic I find people with the same issue and the solution always seems to be that this Microsoft UAA Driver is included in the Realtek drivers but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Ay suggestions?

dadi_oh, Oct 16, 2018
  4. HTC
    HTC Win User

microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio is missing from device manager

I have that same board but, unfortunately, never used the HD audio built in.

Have you tried visiting the P5K-SE Asus download page to check for newer versions of those drivers?

EDIT

It seems i skipped an entire paragraph of your post *Frown microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio is missing from device manager :(

Still, try downloading just the HD audio drivers, uninstall that PCI thing you mentioned and reboot. When it find's the "new hardware", point it to the HD audio drivers folder.

Thema:

microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio is missing from device manager

1. microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio is missing from device manager - Similar Threads - microsoft uaa bus

2. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: I don't find any drivers for audio, I can't listen to music or talk with someone because I can't hear anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/60f28e63-007b-46b3-a57e-c23302fde0c0
  3. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello,I need the High Definition Audio Device driver . it is actually missing in my computer.Do you know where i Could download them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/7da5e300-035c-40f8-899c-65489ddff378
  4. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello,I need the High Definition Audio Device driver . it is actually missing in my computer.Do you know where i Could download them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/7da5e300-035c-40f8-899c-65489ddff378
  5. Both Realtek and High definition audio drivers are missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both Realtek and High definition audio drivers are missing from device manager: Its been 2 days since I had no audio and its getting annoying. My pc crashed and when I turned it back on my audio driver was missing. I was using high definition audio from Microsoft for a month because my Realtek drivers weren't installing but now my Microsoft high...
  6. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hi, Fresh Win 10 install ..... Win 7 ran great for years ...... sigh Had the PC happy and I could hear the bastard even ! Tossed in a new video card with a bloody HDMI port on this new Win10 install today it and now the damm PC thinks the sound output is the freaken TV...
  7. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello, I need help regarding of my laptop the High Definition Audio Device driver is missing. I don't know what is the reason. Please help where i could download them?...
  8. microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio is missing from device manager

microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio is missing from device manager: I'm running Windows 10 pro x64 on a PC with an ryzen 3 1300x & an Gigabyte a320ma-m.2 mobo. After getting everything setup and buily, I noticed that the Realtek HD audio drivers were actually missing. I installed these but afterwards, the associated icons did not appear...
  9. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello, I need the High Definition Audio Device driver. it is actually missing on my computer. Do you know where I could download them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/f2fd578b-62fb-4168-9f9d-69dc3a2312d9
  10. High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing: Hello, I need the High Definition Audio Device driver . it is actually missing in my computer. Do you know where i Could download them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-definition-audio-device-drivers-missing/9caf8676-741a-4235-b4bf-3ed8a8b12ee5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft uaa bus driver missing

2. microsoft uaa driver missing win10

3. uaa bus driver high definition not installed

4. microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition does not show in System devices,
  5. microsoft uaa bus driver for hd audio xp,
  6. microsoft uaa missing,
  7. windows 10 uaa bus driver for hd audio missing,
  8. Microsoft UAA bus driver for high definition