Windows 10: Microsoft unauthorized access to my personal photo for desktop background

Discus and support Microsoft unauthorized access to my personal photo for desktop background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first turned on and registered my new computer, before copying any files from old computer to new, the new desktop displayed the same background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DB16SG, Dec 30, 2019.

1. DB16SG Win User

Microsoft unauthorized access to my personal photo for desktop background

When I first turned on and registered my new computer, before copying any files from old computer to new, the new desktop displayed the same background photo--my own personal photo--that appears on my old computer's desktop. I've never stored that photo anywhere other than my old computer and external hard drive, but it must be associated somehow with my account. It's my own copyrighted photo and I want to remove it from Microsoft's unauthorized access. How?

:)

DB16SG, Dec 30, 2019

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Personalized photo for Desktop Background

Just purchased new W10 laptop. I have personalized the screen saver and the lock window. However, when I try to get one of my images on the Desktop Background it will not show up. In Settings>Personalization>Background, I have selected my image and ticked
    "Automatically pick an accent color from my background." On that Personalization screen, my image shows up and looks great. But when I close the window, my background is a solid color, and actually now it is black. I have tried to play with the "Fit" of the
    image. It doesn't matter if I select center fit or stretch. I'm still getting a solid background on the laptop. I even tried right clicking an image in the stupid "photo gatherer" on the start menu. I saw it had a place to "set as background." But that didn't
    work either.

1 Trick Pony, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Microsoft unauthorized access to my personal photo for desktop background

Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft unauthorized access to my personal photo for desktop background

1. Microsoft unauthorized access to my personal photo for desktop background - Similar Threads - Microsoft unauthorized access

2. Why will my desktop background photo not change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why will my desktop background photo not change?: I am trying to change my desktop background to my Dell XPS 13 laptop. I can change my background to a solid color, but cannot change anything relating to photos, not even default photos. I have tried changing the image through settings, file explorer, and right clicking the...
  3. Why will my desktop background photo not change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why will my desktop background photo not change?: I am trying to change my desktop background to my Dell XPS 13 laptop. I can change my background to a solid color, but cannot change anything relating to photos, not even default photos. I have tried changing the image through settings, file explorer, and right clicking the...
  4. background photo on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    background photo on my desktop: For months I have noticed this background photo on my desktop... its a picture of a sister of mine who has passed away about 3 months ago... I would definately like for this photo to be removed,,, would be very thankful for advice to remove it!...
  5. My personal desktop background Photo was deleted with the latest Windows Update December 9,...

My personal desktop background Photo was deleted with the latest Windows Update December 9,...: After the update was completed my desktop background photo was no longer displayed. I still have the photo and would like to put it back instead of using stock Microsoft themes. How can I put my photo back?....
  6. Personalize Desktop Background

Personalize Desktop Background: I keep picking a folder for a slideshow and it keeps changing back to the dafault folder. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalize-desktop-background/9c48be3f-abc4-4c7a-8e72-9361a20a2311
  7. Desktop Background Personalization

Desktop Background Personalization: On Windows 10 I cannot get my chosen personal photo to display the way I want it to, despite the fact that I've succeeded before using a photo I got online: I want it to fill the monitor screen, running underneath the desktop icons, which I have grouped on the far left of...
  8. Personalization of desktop background

Personalization of desktop background: I just got a new pc running Win 10. I am very much into personalization - I want to feel that this computer is MINE. I put up a background picture last week, chose a custom color as my background color and let Win 10 choose an accent color. When I went to change to a...
  9. Cannot access 'Background' or 'Personalization' Windows settings

Cannot access 'Background' or 'Personalization' Windows settings: ISSUES Accessing 'Personalization' from Windows settings screen I open Settings and click Personalization from the available options. I can open all the other options, but for this one, nothing happens. Once I click on it, the window 'freezes' and I can't do anything but...
  10. Can't add personal photo as Background.

Can't add personal photo as Background.: When I try to use Picture option to select an image of my own for a Background nothing happens when I click on the Browse button. The Browse button works if I select Slideshow, but not for Picture. Suggestions? 35976