Windows 10: Microsoft unveils DirectX 12 Ultimate

Discus and support Microsoft unveils DirectX 12 Ultimate in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's DirectX development team unveiled DirectX 12 Ultimate yesterday and praised it as the "best graphics technology" it ever introduced. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 20, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft unveils DirectX 12 Ultimate

Microsoft's DirectX development team unveiled DirectX 12 Ultimate yesterday and praised it as the "best graphics technology" it ever introduced. The company announced DirectX 12 back in 2014.

Microsoft's upcoming Xbox Series X supports DirectX 12 Ultimate; on PCs, it is necessary to run Windows 10 version 2004, out in May 2020, or higher, to use the new functionality.

Microsoft unveils DirectX 12 Ultimate ultimate.png

Devices with the DirectX 12 Ultimate logo will support "all next generation graphics hardware features" including "DirectX Raytracing, Variable Rate Shading, Mesh Shaders and Sampler Feedback". Microsoft wants the logo to become a criteria for PC gamers. It sees DirectX 12 Ultimate as an "additive initiative" that "provides gamers with assurance that their hardware meets the highest bar for feature support in next-generation games".

Current hardware may not support all features of DirectX 12 Ultimate but that won't impact compatibility according to Microsoft. Microsoft confirmed in the announcement that current hardware can be used to run next-generation games that use DirectX 12 Ultimate features.

Gamers may not experience all the visual benefits that DirectX 12 Ultimate offers in that case but the games will run on non-DirectX 12 Ultimate hardware according to Microsoft.

Though such hardware won’t provide the visual benefits of the new features, it can still provide a very compelling gaming experience on next generation games, depending on the specifics of the hardware.

Microsoft highlights the following improvements that found their way into DirectX 12 Ultimate:

• DirectX Raytracing 1.1, an incremental addition to version 1.0 that adds these major capabilities:
      • GPU Work Creation now allows Raytracing
      • Streaming engines can more efficiently load new raytracing shaders as needed
      • Inline raytracing support
    • Variable Rate Shading, allows developers to vary a game's shading rate.
    • Mesh Shaders to build more "detailed and dynamic worlds".
    • Sampler Feedback for better visual quality, shorter load time, and less stuttering.

DirectX 12 Ultimate unifies the "graphics platform across PC and Xbox Series X" and that offers many advantages according to Microsoft. For one, feature adoption should be faster.

Microsoft's last attempt at pushing software through hardware, by making DirectX 10 Windows Vista exclusive, backfired heavily on the company. Only a handful of games made use of the new technology because Vista's attractiveness was not very high at the time.

Developers find a "getting started guide" on Microsoft's DirectX Developer Blog.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft unveils DirectX 12 Ultimate appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 20, 2020

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Vinod Archak, Mar 20, 2020
  4. botperson Win User

I have DirectX 12, but application requires DirectX 11

Hello.

I do have directX, but just not 11, i have 12. My question is why I cant run a directX 11 app with directX 12. The link sent was a link to the directX installation. Please read the question before posting the answer.

Thanks!

Aditya Radhakrishnan

botperson, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft unveils DirectX 12 Ultimate - Similar Threads - Microsoft unveils DirectX

2. Directx 12 ultimate is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 12 ultimate is disabled: Directx 12 ultimate is disabled and due to which i am unable to play any pc game. How do i enable it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12-ultimate-is-disabled/06e9e222-4c51-46a4-b960-1d247fcd25fd
  3. Directx 12 ultimate is disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 12 ultimate is disabled: Directx 12 ultimate is disabled and due to which i am unable to play any pc game. How do i enable it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12-ultimate-is-disabled/06e9e222-4c51-46a4-b960-1d247fcd25fd
  4. DirectX 12 Ultimate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 Ultimate?: My system has all the required specs for DirectX 12 Ultimate, but windows update isn't installing it automatically. Is there a direct download link somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12-ultimate/836ec85d-4035-4e2a-ac9c-b7ef971b8c53
  5. DirectX 12 Ultimate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 12 Ultimate?: My system has all the required specs for DirectX 12 Ultimate, but windows update isn't installing it automatically. Is there a direct download link somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12-ultimate/836ec85d-4035-4e2a-ac9c-b7ef971b8c53
  6. DirectX 12 Ultimate?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. DirectX 12 Ultimate Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX 12 Ultimate Upgrade: Hello Microsoft Community,I was wondering if I could upgrade my PC to DirectX 12 Ultimate. My CPU is IntelR CeleronR N4000 CPU at 1.10 GHz with Turbo Boost of 2.60 GHz.Thanks!...
  8. DirectX 12 Ultimate for Holiday 2020

in Windows 10 News
    DirectX 12 Ultimate for Holiday 2020: DirectX 12 Ultimate is the new gold standard for gaming graphics on both PC and the next generation of Xbox consoles: It delivers movie-quality visuals through DirectX Raytracing, boosts framerate through Variable Rate Shading, enables fast game load with beautiful...
  9. DirectX 12 Ultimate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX 12 Ultimate: DirectX 12 Ultimate features will be available in the next retail version of Windows 10, version 2004. but window 10 version 2004 is not showing any direct x 12 ultimate , where is it, I need information Directx12 ultimate. how can I download it ,...
  10. Announcing DirectX 12 Ultimate

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing DirectX 12 Ultimate: [ATTACH] It is time for DirectX to evolve once again. From the team that has brought PC and Console gamers the latest in graphics innovation for nearly 25 years, we are beyond pleased to bring gamers DirectX 12 Ultimate, the culmination of the best graphics technology...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. directx 12 ultimate automatically install?