Windows 10: Microsoft Update and Now Windows Live Mail emails won't open

Discus and support Microsoft Update and Now Windows Live Mail emails won't open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Do hope somebody can help. I am elderly and non techie..... Following last night's Microsoft update I find that emails are still coming in but they... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by psiclops158, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Microsoft Update and Now Windows Live Mail emails won't open

Do hope somebody can help. I am elderly and non techie.....
    Following last night's Microsoft update I find that emails are still coming in but they won't open.
    The reply and send options are also greyed out.
    In the panel where the email would be displayed is a message saying "Message could not be displayed. Windows Live Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message"
    I can still access my Folders and can access and deal with emails in Virgin Webmail.
    My windows version is Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388
    Many thanks

:)

psiclops158, Aug 11, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

microsoft windows live mail Not compatible with New Email systems

the email offered an update to windows live mail ,so I did it and now mail will not stay open ,,, I cant even get to the email to copy its contents here ,I will have to look on my other machine to get it ... I never line the new mail app ,just because it new maybe and not use to it, I will use outlook.com instead for Microsoft mail..

update
    live mail staying open now , but I think the email said ,changes made in the next few weeks will make it use less in win8.1 and win10 .

caperjack, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Windows LIve Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It is possible that Mail.MsMessageStore file was corrupted. Please follow the steps below on how to repair the file:

• Which is the email client that you use to access your emails? Windows live mail or through mail app? Or do you access email via your Web Browser?

• If you use email client, what type of email account? (i.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange or other...)

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps if you access it through Windows live mail.

1. Restart the computer (this is to ensure that Live Mail is fully shut down, and that none of it's components are in use when the computer starts)

2. Press Windows+ X and select command prompt(Admin).

3. Copy the following (press Ctrl+C):

esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

Note: the "" are necessary

4. Right click in the command prompt Window, and select Paste, so you now see the following:

C:\Windows\system32>esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

5. Press enter. esentutl will now defragment the Live Mail database file

6. Once done, you can close the command prompt, and restart the PC again

If the issue persists, please notify us.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Microsoft Update and Now Windows Live Mail emails won't open

emails in windows live mail

Hi Angela,

Changes within the account settings may cause this issue. It's also possible that there are 2 identical e-mail accounts set up. Open
    Windows Mail>Tools>Accounts and see if there are two identical accounts configured. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any significant changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • How many accounts do you have in Windows Live Mail?
    • What have you tried so far to troubleshoot the issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Make sure to back up your files before performing a repair. Click this
    link
    for steps on how to back up your files. Follow these steps to repair Windows Live Mail:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on
      Uninstall/Change
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. To do so, follow the same steps but choose
    Remove instead of Repair. You can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail
    here.

Let us know how it goes.

Rey Bel1, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Update and Now Windows Live Mail emails won't open

1. Microsoft Update and Now Windows Live Mail emails won't open - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update Live

2. Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails: For a while now - since all the recent updates - I've been getting duplicate emails every day, and now I can't open any of them, nor reply. When I do the program just stalls and I cannot shut it down unless I use Taskmanager. Help please!...
  3. Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail Will Not Open - How to Recover Emails: Starting late last week, Windows Live Mail will not open on my computer. The box with the logo appears in the middle of the screen with the "working" icon spinning round and round, but the program never opens. If I click on a different program, the logo box disappears and...
  4. Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails: Hello. I am in need of some advice with my windows live mail acct. I am running windows 10 pro. I have ATT as my email server. Last night a tech from att and myself tried to create a new email account along side of the 2 existing email accounts that I have had for 15 years or...
  5. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  6. Windows Live Mail, Now Windows Mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Live Mail, Now Windows Mail: Windows Live Mail, Now Windows Mail is asking me to sign in. Never had to before, and now that I've updated my password, signed into my microsoft account several times successfully, mail is not recognizing me....
  7. Why won't windows live mail open this

in Browsers and Email
    Why won't windows live mail open this: [img] Any mail I get with the html file windows live mail won't display in my mail anymore. It used to but after the update, not the last one the one before that it won't open. I thought when the new update 1903 it would work but no it still doesn't open it I have to click...
  8. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  9. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...
  10. Windows Live Mail opens but won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail opens but won't load: I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 today. It took HOURS! I was assured that I would be able to use my Windows Live Mail but I can't. The program itself opens but there is nothing loaded in it. I went to C drive/Users/Name/App Data/Local/Microsoft/Windows Live Mail...