Windows 10: Microsoft update breaking wifi adapter

Discus and support Microsoft update breaking wifi adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is something not new and I am the recent victim of Microsoft update KB4515384 which I guess replaces wifi driver to Realtek and then you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jkumar10, Oct 1, 2019.

1. jkumar10 Win User

Microsoft update breaking wifi adapter

This is something not new and I am the recent victim of Microsoft update KB4515384 which I guess replaces wifi driver to Realtek and then you experience constant network drops. What is Microsoft doing to fix this issue? When can I expect a patch to this problem?

:)

jkumar10, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Oct 1, 2019
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. S_and_S Win User

Wifi Adapter

Here are several methods:

• Look in the user guide - see if 5 GHz WiFi is mentioned.
    • Find that model on the manufacturer's website - see if the manufacturer advertises 5 GHz capability.
    • Look for independent reviews of your model - the reviewer will certainly mention if the adapter supports 5 GHz

If none of those provide the answer, I can suggest many more ways to find out.

S_and_S, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft update breaking wifi adapter - Similar Threads - Microsoft update breaking

2. Wireless wifi adapter keeps breaking mid game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless wifi adapter keeps breaking mid game: My wifi adapter keeps breaking every day and today it broke every game 3 times. What is the problem after I trouble shoot it fixes it and says wifi cable is loose and that the problem with adapter has been fixed software or hardware issue?...
  3. Wifi adapter break at random during the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter break at random during the day: My laptop wifi adapter has been breaking at random.sometimes i'm connected to the wifi but no internet while working fine on my phone, if i disable and then re enable wifi while i'm connected but no internet, i can't find any wifi network.sometimes i get the error "this...
  4. Wifi adapter break at random during the day

Wifi adapter break at random during the day: My laptop wifi adapter has been breaking at random.sometimes i'm connected to the wifi but no internet while working fine on my phone, if i disable and then re enable wifi while i'm connected but no internet, i can't find any wifi network.sometimes i get the error "this...
  5. WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?: Hello, I have a question.Yesterday I just completed my new Windows PC build and it has no built-in WiFi on the motherboard. So i use a WiFi adapter in order to connect to my house WiFi.However, something weird happened. At first, nothing is wrong. I played some online games...
  6. WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?

WiFi dongle/adapter breaks Windows?: Hello, I have a question.Yesterday I just completed my new Windows PC build and it has no built-in WiFi on the motherboard. So i use a WiFi adapter in order to connect to my house WiFi.However, something weird happened. At first, nothing is wrong. I played some online games...
  7. Network reset breaking my wifi adapters

Network reset breaking my wifi adapters: So basically I wanted to try on how to fix why my VPN weren't downloading properly and also having a code 56 and I tried the network reset button and then it broke all my network adapters and all of them have code 56 the configuration thing if I typed the wrong code and I...
  8. Network reset breaking my wifi adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network reset breaking my wifi adapters: So basically I wanted to try on how to fix why my VPN weren't downloading properly and also having a code 56 and I tried the network reset button and then it broke all my network adapters and all of them have code 56 the configuration thing if I typed the wrong code and I...
  9. Network reset breaking my wifi adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Windows updates from 1809 and up breaks wifi adapters....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows updates from 1809 and up breaks wifi adapters....: So... I was hoping that over time microsoft would fix updates that don't break the wifi on our home computers. I was forced to go to linux on my mom's PC and for mine I been holding off on updates as much as possible. I was forced to update to version 1809 , build...