Windows 10: Microsoft Update caused many problems with my laptop

Discus and support Microsoft Update caused many problems with my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I unstalled the latest update because my laptop would not boot and now everythung runs slow and i cant open attachments.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KyleMccc, Aug 3, 2020.

1. KyleMccc Win User

Microsoft Update caused many problems with my laptop

I unstalled the latest update because my laptop would not boot and now everythung runs slow and i cant open attachments.

:)

KyleMccc, Aug 3, 2020

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 3, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 3, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

method to determine exactly what caused a particular update?

Two suggested articles from Microsoft....

Whether you find the exact cause will determine the level of troubleshooting you go through.

sygnus21, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Update caused many problems with my laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update caused

2. many Microsoft problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many Microsoft problems: Dell Alien DesktopMicrosoft Store can not load, widgets unavailable, sticky notes can not synchronized, most of pictures in email can not show in outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-microsoft-problems/bf0187d3-b412-4034-a5f8-0d02956443e8
  3. many Microsoft problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    many Microsoft problems: Dell Alien DesktopMicrosoft Store can not load, widgets unavailable, sticky notes can not synchronized, most of pictures in email can not show in outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-microsoft-problems/bf0187d3-b412-4034-a5f8-0d02956443e8
  4. New Laptop- Many Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop- Many Problems: I had my old ASUS laptop finally kick the bucket- the insides still work amazing but the screen is splitting down the middle and there is no fix for the model. I have been to Best Buy for a new laptop 3 times now. My budget was $1000-$1600. I'm a college student. I need a...
  5. New Laptop- Many Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop- Many Problems: I had my old ASUS laptop finally kick the bucket- the insides still work amazing but the screen is splitting down the middle and there is no fix for the model. I have been to Best Buy for a new laptop 3 times now. My budget was $1000-$1600. I'm a college student. I need a...
  6. Does update KB4601319 cause many problems?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does update KB4601319 cause many problems?: My laptop becomes unstable after installing this update. Anyone knows how to uninstall it? It won't go away after many attempts at uninstallation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-update-kb4601319-cause-many-problems/1319a72a-1656-4be2-9a04-8ba8db0cb989
  7. Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!

Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!: Hi, windows 10 update on 7th Sept 2020 to OS build 19041.508 Version 2004 has caused many problems with my PC. 1/ I log onto Windows account when starting PC, but then during use it prompts that I am not logged in the the account and I have to go through the FIX option,...
  8. Updates caused my problem????

Updates caused my problem????: I have a RCA Cambio W101 V2 tablet with Windows 10. Tablet worked great....Until These last few updates. Now tablet does not charge. Only charges when it is shut down. I have no Idea what was installed, but definitely IS the cause of my problem. Any ideas out there....
  9. So many problems with my laptop!

So many problems with my laptop!: Hi I am having issues with my laptop which is an HP Stream. I had it bought for me as a Christmas present back in 2016. Windows 10 is the operating system on it. So a few issues have developed on it over the past few months. I have listed them below: Keyboard unexpectedly...
  10. Anniversary update has caused problems on my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update has caused problems on my laptop: [img] Hi I have now got the Anniversary update on my laptop and not everything is the same .My sticky notes have vanished , I can't open windows store , other apps don't open , I am also getting a box saying , you need to get an app from the store to open this , click ok and...