Windows 10: Microsoft Update causes blinking black screen, uninstall requires password but wont accept...

Discus and support Microsoft Update causes blinking black screen, uninstall requires password but wont accept... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The latest update causes my screen to be unusable except for CTL ALT DEl to restart. I used Shift Restart to uninstall the update but it will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris Stevens NZ, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Microsoft Update causes blinking black screen, uninstall requires password but wont accept...

The latest update causes my screen to be unusable except for CTL ALT DEl to restart. I used Shift Restart to uninstall the update but it will not accept any password I can recall or the latest correct password. Basically the update has rendered my laptop useless.

:)

Chris Stevens NZ, Sep 14, 2021
  2. zornhau Win User

Right-click on shortcuts and .exe's causes screen to blink + no menu

Hi - Bizzarro problem with Windows 10. Help appreciated!

In any account, including Administrator ones AND the Administrator account:

• If I right-click a desktop shortcut, the screen blinks black. No sign of the context menu.
    • If I locate an .exe in its folder and right-click that, the screen blinks black. The folder closes. No context menu.

Related, perhaps:
    • In a Standard account, if I try to turn down the UAC settings (so my son can use Steam without me logging him in each time), the Windows accepts my administrator password, then ignores my changes.

Notes
    • I have recorded the blink and played it back frame by frame. No message or anything appears. The screen merely goes black.
    • Windows 10 otherwise seems to work fine.
    • I have done virus scans etc.

All this makes it very hard to set up Standard accounts that are any use. Any help would be appreciated.

zornhau, Sep 14, 2021
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Microsoft Update causes blinking black screen, uninstall requires password but wont accept...

Microsoft account wont accept password.

Microsoft account wont accept password, changed password via "Can't access your account?" link, still wont accept. How do i access?

BrentReeder, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Update causes blinking black screen, uninstall requires password but wont accept...

1. Microsoft Update causes blinking black screen, uninstall requires password but wont accept... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update causes

2. Black screen with blinking underscore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with blinking underscore: Hi there so I bought a used PC and Optiplex 790 and i upgraded the PSU and GPU for something better, however ever since I bought the computer i had always the issue of when booting and black screen with blinking underscore. I can boot into windows os after a 3min or so,...
  3. Black screen with underscore blinking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with underscore blinking: I cant get access to fixboot command I just downloaded windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-underscore-blinking/f2d53fb5-2154-429b-853e-03f650fddac2
  4. black screen blinking dash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen blinking dash: hello everyone I recently install a brand new windows 10 pro on my desktop and before even the motherboard logo comes up there is this annoying black screen with a blinking dash on left top and it blinks for like 5-10 s and then the motherboard logo and windows, how can I...
  5. Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen: Wednesday 2nd April downloaded KB 4535996 installed and when told do not switch off your PC reached 100% it went into a black screen from blue with white dotted circle whilst loading I have tried everything to return to normal. Contacted Microsoft technician told to contact...
  6. Blinking Black screen, Toolbar and Cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blinking Black screen, Toolbar and Cursor: So the toolbar is unresponsive probably because it keeps blinking so using the Start menu or hitting the windows key is not an option, I can ONLY access task manager through safe mode, I've uninstalled my display adapter Or graphics driver, restarted the laptop and logged in...
  7. Administrator Password required to uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Password required to uninstall: This is a friends WIN10 PC upgraded from WIN 7. When ever he tries to uninstall a program from the Apps tab under Settings he get a requirement to enter a password. The user name is already in place as 'admin'. How can I find this password since it is not the login...
  8. windows 10 wont accept my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 wont accept my password: I KNOW i am entering the correct password but at the start up log in the computer will either restart, crash or tell me I have the wrong password. When I go into the restore or repair, it tells me it cant....
  9. wont accept password

in Windows 10 Customization
    wont accept password: wont accept password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-accept-password/af3d63d1-a6be-4f43-9a83-13efa7620b8e
  10. monitor is blinking and screen goes black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor is blinking and screen goes black: I got a weird issue a few days ago. I booted my computer, and my monitor was black. Everything was connected. I took the graphics card out and connected it again. The monitor then blinks, you can see the desktop for about one second, then the screen goes black, then it shows...