Windows 10: Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable

Discus and support Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Earlier this week when shutting down, my laptop gave me the ‘Update and shut down’ option, which i selected. The next day, i start my laptop to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertaHamilton1, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable

Earlier this week when shutting down, my laptop gave me the ‘Update and shut down’ option, which i selected.

The next day, i start my laptop to find it takes me to a blue screen, something along the lines of ‘Windows encountered an error, reporting, 0%’. After 10 minutes, the 0% never moved, so i forced shut down. When i started again, all i can see is an Acer screen for 5 minutes, then a black screen that says ‘No bootable device’.

I have so far tried each and every suggestion on microsoft forums this is apparently a common issue after an update and nothing has worked.

A developer has checked my hard drive, which is immaculate, and said the cause is this update, as i thought, and has somehow corrupted Windows, so it cannot boot up from anything.

i have now spoken to 3 live chat agents spending over 4 hours going round in circles, which has been useless, as not only do they not help, but the microsoft phoneline option just shows error aswell, despite the live chat agents saying i need to speak to someone on the phone.

overall, the service is awful and i spent a lot of money on a new laptop that i now cannot use, because the windows update has somehow broken it. But no one from Microsoft will help me.

save yourselves the trouble and make sure your next product is an Apple product.

:)

RobertaHamilton1, Apr 18, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Apr 18, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable

n-ster, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable

1. Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable - Similar Threads - Microsoft update has

2. My update was interrupted and now my laptop is unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My update was interrupted and now my laptop is unusable: So I was going to update my laptop before going to sleep as I was working early in the morning, however I must have knocked my charger out of the socket or something when I got up because my laptop battery died and now when I start it up I get the message “undoing changes...
  3. My update was interrupted and now my laptop is unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My update was interrupted and now my laptop is unusable: So I was going to update my laptop before going to sleep as I was working early in the morning, however I must have knocked my charger out of the socket or something when I got up because my laptop battery died and now when I start it up I get the message “undoing changes...
  4. Microsoft updates - corrupting my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft updates - corrupting my laptop: The last two times I have installed a Microsoft update the contrast on my screen has been affected and now I don't seem to be able to reset it back. I cannot see the slider tabs to move down the page any more. Annoying - YES....
  5. Update has corrupted my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has corrupted my computer: You have just performed an update on my new laptop and I get "Something happened and our PIN isn't available. Click to see up your PIN again." This opens a box for me to log into Microsoft but the keyboard doesn't work so I can't do anything. I have restarted the computer...
  6. Latest Windows 10 update has rendered my laptop unusable

Latest Windows 10 update has rendered my laptop unusable: As of the update I installed on my laptop last night, ALL of my drivers have been rendered broken, meaning I have no audio, internet, or anything of the like. I cannot even open windows update without it closing itself. Nothing works anymore, and I am incredibly annoyed by...
  7. Latest update has made laptop unusable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has made laptop unusable: Just done the latest update on my laptop and it’s made it so slow. The internet crashes after 2 minutes of being on it, the icons won’t load on the desktop, the settings won’t even load so I can’t do anything about it. Is there anything else I can do? submitted by...
  8. Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....: Hello, not sure if I even put his in the right category....but allot of you are smarter than me! What can I do to get my mic, my audio input to work again after the last "updates" which killed my ability to work online. Bad timing eh? I did go in and update the sound...
  9. My laptop is now virtually unusable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is now virtually unusable.: After an attempt to factory reset it, it has become exceptionally problematic. After signing in, it takes a long time to load up. When it does, I am faced with a black screen. I can open the Task Manager to open programs. Photos, Videos and the Store are gone. PowerShell...
  10. Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!

Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!: An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the...