Windows 10: Microsoft Update Issue

Discus and support Microsoft Update Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One third of my screen is blurry right side and I cannot move icons to that space. In addition, when I open applications such as Word the screen size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zkmfu, Aug 16, 2022.

1. zkmfu Win User

Microsoft Update Issue

One third of my screen is blurry right side and I cannot move icons to that space. In addition, when I open applications such as Word the screen size is 1/3 smaller right side. It happened a couple of days ago after Microsoft added updates to my computer.Thank you for your help.

:)

zkmfu, Aug 16, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 17, 2022
  4. deving Win User

Microsoft Update Issue

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Update Issue

1. Microsoft Update Issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update Issue

2. Microsoft updates always an issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft updates always an issue: 1 newest windows update ruined performance of rog ally by alot an 2 why are the updates removing manual saved restore points !!!!What's point of restore points If windows deletes them seriously...
  3. Microsoft updates always an issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft updates always an issue: 1 newest windows update ruined performance of rog ally by alot an 2 why are the updates removing manual saved restore points !!!!What's point of restore points If windows deletes them seriously...
  4. Microsoft 11 Update Issues!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 11 Update Issues!: As my system is updating to Windows 11, I get an error message saying "Something didn't go as planned" or something like that. This is ridiculous. Why hasn't Microsoft resolved this problem yet? I didn't realize you need to be an IT professional to do a routine update. I knew...
  5. Recent Microsoft update issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Microsoft update issues: I have a Dell desktop runningWIN10 with 12GB RAM. After several of the recent Microsoft Updates my system is running slow and has other issues. 1: I think it was one of the October updates, maybe before, the search space in the taskbar got a lot larger and search stopped...
  6. Recent Microsoft update issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Microsoft update issues: I have a Dell desktop runningWIN10 with 12GB RAM. After several of the recent Microsoft Updates my system is running slow and has other issues. 1: I think it was one of the October updates, maybe before, the search space in the taskbar got a lot larger and search stopped...
  7. Microsoft store Update Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store Update Issue: All the third party apps that I installed from the Microsoft store are not being updated on the microsoft store I don't know why. Take the example of the opera browser, when I checked on the microsoft store app, it said no update available but when I manually went to the...
  8. Microsoft Update Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Update Issue: One third of my screen is blurry right side and I cannot move icons to that space. In addition, when I open applications such as Word the screen size is 1/3 smaller right side. It happened a couple of days ago after Microsoft added updates to my computer.Thank you for your...
  9. Microsoft Update Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Update Issue: One third of my screen is blurry right side and I cannot move icons to that space. In addition, when I open applications such as Word the screen size is 1/3 smaller right side. It happened a couple of days ago after Microsoft added updates to my computer.Thank you for your...
  10. Microsoft Store Update issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store Update issue: hi I have a issue with updating my apps on the Microsoft store it says error every time I try to update a app or a game could you please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-update-issue/df312cf3-71c4-4a40-a72c-93b3c0221fd1