Windows 10: Microsoft update killed my laptop battery life

Discus and support Microsoft update killed my laptop battery life in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does anyone know a fix or how to revert to the previous version of windows you had. I have a razer blade 15 and just got it back from razer having them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FewerSnow47, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Microsoft update killed my laptop battery life

Does anyone know a fix or how to revert to the previous version of windows you had. I have a razer blade 15 and just got it back from razer having them fix battery life issues. It came back how I expected it to, with around 5 or so hours of battery life doing things such as youtube or writing a word document etc. I stupidly updated windows to the latest available on my computer and low and behold that seems to have been the problem with my battery life in the first place. Now I am back to getting 2 to 3 hours at absolute most doing the things I always do. its extremely frustrating.

:)

FewerSnow47, Jul 30, 2020

2. Top Win 10 Feature Killing Battery Life of Microsoft’s Ultimate Laptop

Microsoft update killed my laptop battery life [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/top-w...p-495618.shtml

Cluster Head, Jul 30, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Microsoft update killed my laptop battery life

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Microsoft update killed my laptop battery life pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft update killed my laptop battery life

1. Microsoft update killed my laptop battery life - Similar Threads - Microsoft update killed

2. New windows 11 update killed battery life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows 11 update killed battery life: Hello,i have recently downloaded the newest windows 11 update and my laptop's battery life plumetted from about 5 hours to just under 1 i have followed every tip i have found online and it barely extended te capacity to 1h15 minutes....
  3. New windows 11 update killed battery life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows 11 update killed battery life: Hello,i have recently downloaded the newest windows 11 update and my laptop's battery life plumetted from about 5 hours to just under 1 i have followed every tip i have found online and it barely extended te capacity to 1h15 minutes....
  4. windows update killed my battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update killed my battery: My Envy Laptop took a automatic update 2 days ago and now my battery is fried. What is the deal windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-killed-my-battery/0b8ed320-6d70-47fa-a420-39a9f22efa2d
  5. windows update killed my battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update killed my battery: My Envy Laptop took a automatic update 2 days ago and now my battery is fried. What is the deal windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-killed-my-battery/0b8ed320-6d70-47fa-a420-39a9f22efa2d
  6. Laptop battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery life: My laptop stays always stay at around 28%. How can I move it higher up so that it will last longer without the power cord ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-life/5e177013-db27-417b-b84b-b9a71ae490a6
  7. laptop battery life

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop battery life: If I am using my laptop mostly as a desktop, will it hurt my battery's overall lifetime if I leave it plugged in almost continuously? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-life/aafec315-5acc-4837-b7f4-8671c54841c7
  8. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  9. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba
  10. Top Win 10 Feature Killing Battery Life of Microsoft’s Ultimate Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Top Win 10 Feature Killing Battery Life of Microsoft’s Ultimate Laptop: [img] Surface Book and SP4 now suffering from fast battery drain The Surface Book started shipping last week, so the first customers who pre-ordered the device via Microsoft’s online store have already received it. But it took less than a full week to discover...