Windows 10: Microsoft Update - locked internet

Discus and support Microsoft Update - locked internet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a Microsoft update yesterday the internet now has a padlock on it. I have restarted the computer several times including the router and finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lewin56, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Lewin56 Win User

Microsoft Update - locked internet

After a Microsoft update yesterday the internet now has a padlock on it. I have restarted the computer several times including the router and finally was able to use the internet password but this not joy. I have tried mobile hotspot and it has been locked on the computer and therefore it also doesn't work. I have tried uninstalling the update but this hasn't worked either. This is extremely frustrating as I am working from home and now cannot go to the internet. I cannot troubleshoot or see if the update was interrupted or something because I cannot go to the internet. Does anyone have any suggestions.

:)

Lewin56, Nov 3, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Microsoft Update - locked internet wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 3, 2020
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Update - locked internet - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update locked

2. Microsoft cutting your internet for updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft cutting your internet for updates: Why does microsoft cut your internet when you refuse an update? Ive seen them say its not them but this is provable. One its not my internet provider because how do you think i am posting this message. I can use any device just fine. But my laptop wont. Ive tested this with...
  3. Microsoft cutting your internet for updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft cutting your internet for updates: Why does microsoft cut your internet when you refuse an update? Ive seen them say its not them but this is provable. One its not my internet provider because how do you think i am posting this message. I can use any device just fine. But my laptop wont. Ive tested this with...
  4. Microsoft cutting your internet for updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft update locks my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update locks my computer: The microsoft update on Windows 10 locked my computer. I had to revert back to before update. A few days later the same update automatically installed and locked the computer again. I reverted back again. I'm wondering how I prevent the update from happening and locking my...
  6. Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update: I was setting up my new PC. On installing Windows 10 it asked if I wanted to create a pin, I did because it seemed easy. Restarted, used the pin to log in, everything worked great. I updated the BIOS. On restart I get a message when I try to sign into my account "your pin is...
  7. Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Locked After BIOS Update: I was setting up my new PC. On installing Windows 10 it asked if I wanted to create a pin, I did because it seemed easy. Restarted, used the pin to log in, everything worked great. I updated the BIOS. On restart I get a message when I try to sign into my account "your pin is...
  8. Locked out of Microsoft updates

Locked out of Microsoft updates: Hi AllWhy can I not start Microsoft updates and why does it revert back to disabled ? and the computer is telling me I am not got administrator rights.I have asked this question and read loads of articles and almost drawn a blank.However one articles suggested looking at what...
  9. internet lock out Internet Explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    internet lock out Internet Explorer: When trying to figure out how to log on to a gmail account recently created for me, I clicked on a site and immediately a red screen appeared instructing me that my computer was at risk and that I should call 1-888-236-3732. Is that a valid number? Or is there another way to...
  10. Microsoft update screen locked

Microsoft update screen locked: Clicked to update Microsoft. Have gotten to a page 'do more with your voice' the screen has a blue background. Cursor on laptop has disappeared, have attached a mouse, but cannot move on. Have removed battery, tried control, alt, delete, then task manager, but takes me back...