Windows 10: Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files

Discus and support Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I logged into my laptop this morning which I updated a few days ago to updates KB5013887 and KB5014699. For some reason the blue menu when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steffan G, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Steffan G Win User

Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files

Hi, I logged into my laptop this morning which I updated a few days ago to updates KB5013887 and KB5014699. For some reason the blue menu when you first purchase a laptop came up, to which I skipped all sections. I got an email saying that my Onedrive storage was full, so I went and had a look and it turns out the Documents, Desktop, and Pictures files had all merged into my Onedrive folders. I hadn't realised this yet so I deleted the Onedrive Desktop icon which ended up wiping my PC Desktop clean. I've managed to recover the files from the recycle bin but still the PC desktop has been wiped.

:)

Steffan G, Jun 23, 2022
  2. D_o_S Win User

Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, Jun 23, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files

1. Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files - Similar Threads - Microsoft update merged

2. My current files in PC is not update in to OneDrive folder in the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My current files in PC is not update in to OneDrive folder in the PC: I have Windows 11. OneDrive is not syncing the files latest updates to the Cloud My working folder path on C Drive is, This PC>WindowsC:>Users>User. Files are under Desktop, Documents and Pictures along with others including OneDrive folder. Inside OneDrive folder also have...
  3. My current files in PC is not update in to OneDrive folder in the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My current files in PC is not update in to OneDrive folder in the PC: I have Windows 11. OneDrive is not syncing the files latest updates to the Cloud My working folder path on C Drive is, This PC>WindowsC:>Users>User. Files are under Desktop, Documents and Pictures along with others including OneDrive folder. Inside OneDrive folder also have...
  4. Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files: Hi, I logged into my laptop this morning which I updated a few days ago to updates KB5013887 and KB5014699. For some reason the blue menu when you first purchase a laptop came up, to which I skipped all sections. I got an email saying that my Onedrive storage was full, so I...
  5. Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files: Hi, I logged into my laptop this morning which I updated a few days ago to updates KB5013887 and KB5014699. For some reason the blue menu when you first purchase a laptop came up, to which I skipped all sections. I got an email saying that my Onedrive storage was full, so I...
  6. Accidently merged Videos and Onedrive forlders

Accidently merged Videos and Onedrive forlders: Hello,I wanted to add my Videos folder to onedrive, but I accidently merged them, so now onedrive is videos. see screen shots Don't know how to fix this.Appreciate your help.Thanks!...
  7. 2 Onedrive accounts are merged and I don't them merged>

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Onedrive accounts are merged and I don't them merged>: I have 2 separate onedrive accounts. One for business and the other personnel. They both have different emails and PW's. Somehow they are merged. I don't know how this happens but I need to separate them if this is possible. I have files showing up on different computer that...
  8. Merging Desynced Onedrive Files

Merging Desynced Onedrive Files: Hi community, A few months ago, the organization name for a client that I support changed from A to B. People that are syncing files through Sharepoint have their documents under the head A, but new syncs occur under the header B. Two users had their Onedrives resynced and...
  9. Skip or Merge files option missing after installing updates on the PC

Skip or Merge files option missing after installing updates on the PC: How do I change the settings in My Docs so it doesn't save multiple copies of the same file? Prior to updating Windows 10 I received a 'message box' asking to confirm overwriting existing file - if I didn't want to overwrite the existing version I would just click cancel....
  10. How exactly to merge between items on PC and in Onedrive to avoid downloading to PC and...

How exactly to merge between items on PC and in Onedrive to avoid downloading to PC and...: If I have a large folder stored in my Onedrive and I want to sync it in the Onedrive folder on my PC, then what happens if, instead of waiting for it to download from the cloud onto my PC, I copy that same folder from an external hard drive to the Onedrive folder on the PC?...