Windows 10: Microsoft update running since last night

Discus and support Microsoft update running since last night in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Microsoft windows update has been running since last night and indicates it's only 91% installed. How can I stop this install while it's in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaureenH_20, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Microsoft update running since last night

The Microsoft windows update has been running since last night and indicates it's only 91% installed. How can I stop this install while it's in progress?

Thanks.

:)

MaureenH_20, Mar 24, 2020

2. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 24, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Microsoft update running since last night :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Microsoft update running since last night

Night light schedule not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to schedule the time for Night Light feature in Windows 10. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager.

1. Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
    2. Scroll down and expand Display Adapters. Now Right click on the display devices and select
      Update Driver.
    3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    4. Select Update Driver.
    5. Restart the PC and check

If the issue persists even after updating the driver, then we would suggest you to make the below registry change.

1. Press Windows +R key to open
      run
      command.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      Ok
    3. Navigate to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount
    4. Here, delete the following sub keys
      1. $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate
      2. $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry

After deleting the registry sub keys, restart the PC and then enable Night Light feature from Windows settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft update running since last night

1. Microsoft update running since last night - Similar Threads - Microsoft update running

2. Windows 11 Update stuck at 0% since last night?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update stuck at 0% since last night?: I downloaded the Windows 11 update last night. Even installed it but my PC shut down when it was at 85%. When I turned it back on, it said downloading 0%. I thought I'll have to download the thing all over again. But now It's stuck at 0% since last night. Pls can anyone help?...
  3. Windows 11 Update stuck at 0% since last night?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update stuck at 0% since last night?: I downloaded the Windows 11 update last night. Even installed it but my PC shut down when it was at 85%. When I turned it back on, it said downloading 0%. I thought I'll have to download the thing all over again. But now It's stuck at 0% since last night. Pls can anyone help?...
  4. Windows 11 Update stuck at 0% since last night?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. “Soft Reset” since last night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Soft Reset” since last night: Okay, so, Last night I turned off my computer before I turned in for sleep as usual. There was no waiting updates, or anything of the kind AS FAR AS I AM AWARE. I wake up an hour ago, because I have trouble sleeping, and turn on my computer and all my desktop icons are all...
  6. 3 Blue Screens since last night

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 Blue Screens since last night: I was using Adobe Rush to export a video. I had several video sites open in Firefox watching videos and Discord open along with Microsoft Outlook. First Bug Check was The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005,...
  7. lastest microsoft update last night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lastest microsoft update last night: Last night my computer updated and when I turned my computer on there are a lot of foreign looking symbols in the place of my shortcuts and on my word documents. I open a new word document and instead of "save" or "home" at the top I get boxes, triangles, question marks...
  8. Microsoft Edge not loading since last night updates, help me please.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge not loading since last night updates, help me please.: I downloaded a new update when it kept prompting me to do so. Now Microsoft Edge does not work at all. ME will not even load and many other apps also. I need this fixed please or I will have to go with another browser like Google Chrome, it is the only browser working now,...
  9. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538