Windows 10: Microsoft Update Screw Ups costs low income seniors

Discus and support Microsoft Update Screw Ups costs low income seniors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft update that messed up many computers & has cost me over $200 to deal with, need to spend another $100 to connect to printers. I am retired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Senior Customer, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Microsoft Update Screw Ups costs low income seniors

Microsoft update that messed up many computers & has cost me over $200 to deal with, need to spend another $100 to connect to printers. I am retired living on social security, almost impossible to do as it is, now this, do you even care what you have done! Of course you guys don't care, just suck it up pay the costs to get things to what they were before the update so you guys can do it all over again ... and yes have reached out to Brother for help with connecting, they cannot even do it. One day you will get old and hope you know how this feels!

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

Senior Customer, Oct 23, 2020

2. FCC proposing monthly broadband subsidies for low-income households

I read they are proposing the same type or the existing funding for the service as they use for lifeline cell phones like a ~ $1.00 surcharge on our retail ISP /Telco/cable /Sat bills and any federal funding that may or may not be be above that .

As I understand it the lifeline Cell phones are currently provided free of charge by the Telcos as 'promotions' but you can bet we pay for that on an accounting line somewhere in the income operating statement charged as an SAG (or other ) expense folded into the price of our retail ISP/Telco services .

Additionally the Telcos currently have to absorb the costs and perform the income /identity verification and enrollment of the L.I. participants in the lifeline services .

I'm sure the heat light and power utilities have similar arrangements to all the above for low income assistance .

I know PC's or iPads/PC pads and maybe printers are available for low income families with K-12 students at low cost from some of the the ISP's .I'm sure the funding is folded into the regular ISP bills one way or another or in a couple of ways . There are also federally funded programs I believe in grants to local school districts for the same thing.
    and maybe some tax credits or funding grants to the ISP's

FWIW I read Telmex of Mexico ( AKA Carlos Slim) and maybe América Móvil, Latin America's largest mobile-phone carriers and maybe thier owned subsidiaries were some of the biggest US Lifeline cell phone service providers and a lot of the accounts were fraudulent throughout the industry in general and some of the the carriers and scammers got Billions and Millions in cash for providing nothing . There is nothing the government can't make worse

IOW we are paying for all this one way or another either from tax revenues and or in the cost of our retail Telco /ISP /DTV TV service

I don't object to the mandated small surcharges or even some federal funding for helping legitimate low income folks with essential phone services and the L.I. families with students with Telco & ISP data service just the lack of oversight , fraud waste and abuse typical of these things YMMV & that's fine .

Only thing we got like that for free when I grew up was electromagnetic radiation from radio and TV broadcasters *sarc

blutos cousin, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Outlook, Windows update screwed my computer

Hi Bennie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• When you set up the account, did you create a local account or Microsoft account?
    • What is the exact error message you get when you try to login?

I suggest you to check if you have activated two step verification for your account. If yes, I suggest you to turn it off and check.

How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account

Also check if the Windows Update was successfully installed on your computer.

• Press Windows Key + I and click on Update and Security.
    • Under Windows Update tab, click on Advanced options
    • Click on View update history and check if the update is installed properly.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Microsoft Update Screw Ups costs low income seniors

microsoft screwed up the MOM. implentation

Microsoft screwed up the MOM. implementation, why are they not addressing this.

As their update has screwed up a lot of brand new computers I'd say the responsibility falls to them.

This is a quite serious and very wide spread problem and yet it seem they are doing sweet **** all

The Flying Buttress, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Update Screw Ups costs low income seniors

1. Microsoft Update Screw Ups costs low income seniors - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update Screw

2. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  3. Update screwed up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screwed up computer: After this last forced update which I kept having to uninstall due to constant errors my computer is no longer operating properly. I cannot access the Start menu nor any setting menus. I cannot search any thing. I have tried constant reboots, restarting Windows Explorer....
  4. Office activation at a very low cost.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office activation at a very low cost.: Hi, This website claims such a low cost for genuine office and windows. https://www.digisoftmart.com/ Are they selling really genuine products? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-activation-at-a-very-low-cost/0ea883fd-946d-46b6-99e9-e3f7092001bd
  5. Update - Windows screwing up?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update - Windows screwing up?: The last update went in fine but colour settings have gone a bit loopy. Suddenly my colours on games and desktop were really vivid - a real pain on the eyeballs. Eventually fixed that but lost my custom settings. Secondly my task bar along the bottom of the desktop had gone...
  6. Recent Microsoft Update screwed up my Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Microsoft Update screwed up my Computer: On Wednesday 6/25/2020 I got a notification for a Critical Update gor Windows 10, I hit “Update& Restart” but ny HP computer never came back on, there was a constant Resart Loop for hours overnight that kept saying Recovery Failed. After additiobal hours trying to allow it to...
  7. Microsoft, You screwed up!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft, You screwed up!: I am posting notice here that Microsoft screwed up my system royally. To wit, Microsoft just installed some form of an upgrade to the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system, which happened today for my laptop machine. The trouble is that this new installation wiped out all...
  8. Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?: I'm enrolled at a community college and someone told me not to purchase Office 2019 for my new HP system. They said something about a free academic license that I can obtain, since I'm in school. Does anyone know anything about that. Money is a bit tight now since I bought a...
  9. Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?

Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?: I'm enrolled at a community college and someone told me not to purchase Office 2019 for my new HP system. They said something about a free academic license that I can obtain, since I'm in school. Does anyone know anything about that. Money is a bit tight now since I bought a...
  10. Update screw up

Update screw up: My Laptop did the Windows update about two months ago and ever since then I have not been able to sign into my Laptop and have it save anything. It says Unable to sign you into your account, you are signed in with a temporary account and your information will not be saved....