Windows 10: Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell

Discus and support Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I see incorrect update size downloading while installing through Powershell.I tried to install January month patch using powershell on my Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sanjay Kumar_S, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell

Hi,I see incorrect update size downloading while installing through Powershell.I tried to install January month patch using powershell on my Win 10 1909 machine, it downloads the patch KB5009545 for 86 GB but the original size of the KB is only 589 MB in Microsoft Update Catalogue. .net update gets downloaded with exact size posted in Microsoft Update Catalogue.Below the screenshot from my powershell script which shows 86 GB.Below the screenshot from Microsoft Update Catalogue which shows 589 MBEarlier I thought it is getting upgraded to 20H2 / 21H1 / 20H2 or downloading some pending updates

:)

Sanjay Kumar_S, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 20, 2022
  3. idzmitry Win User
    Wrong sizes of updates

Hello. When I look for available updates using powershell script, it returns wrong sizes for certain updates. See the first item from a list on the screenshot. Window update agent (wua) returns size ~61Gb for update KB4483235 (d53bec60-84cf-4d58-8046-02f17c45e5b4)

Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell 60058895-e5dd-4271-9fe6-675d4278de41?upload=true.png

The same issue I've had on other computers for updates: KB4093112 (wua returns size~182.8GB) and KB4471329 (wua
    returns size ~128.2 GB).

Any idea?

idzmitry, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell

Win10 pro 1803 update shows wrong folder sizes

Windows 10 pro 1803 update shows totally wrong folder sizes. same problem is reported by other users here. Same problem is posted here by other users too, as early as May 2018. I wonder what has been done about it by Microsoft.

The problem is two fold

1. If you select a folder directly from left pane of the file explorer by right clicking it, it shows totally wrong total size.

2. If you left click the folder in the left pane to see listing of subfolders and files in it - in the right pane, and then select everything in the right pane by control +A and then right clicking it to see total size of all folders and filess, the folder
    that is just underneath the cursor is selected and shown at the top of the box that opens to show the total size. Here too it shows wrong size information. I wonder why windows selects name of the folder underneath the cursor to show at top of the box even
    when you select all folders.

I hope Microsoft will take care of this on urgent basis and not sleep over it.

I have been using Windows since windows 3.11. Every time there is a upgrade, some old problems disappear and totally new ones crop up in the most unexpected places.

PLEASE HELP. thanks

FeelFeline, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell

1. Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell - Similar Threads - Microsoft update showing

2. directory size using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    directory size using powershell: hi!i'm trying to get the size of a big folder using powershell.the most efficient way i found is using a com object like this example:New-Object -ComObject Scripting.FileSystemObject.getfolder"$path".sizesometimes it generates the size immediately but sometimes it takes...
  3. directory size using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    directory size using powershell: hi!i'm trying to get the size of a big folder using powershell.the most efficient way i found is using a com object like this example:New-Object -ComObject Scripting.FileSystemObject.getfolder"$path".sizesometimes it generates the size immediately but sometimes it takes...
  4. directory size using powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to find Windows Update Size using PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to find Windows Update Size using PowerShell: [ATTACH]If you want to find Windows Update size using PowerShell, here is how you can do that. Although Windows Settings could do it easily, you can use PowerShell to do the same within moments. For that, you need to install a script as there is no in-built PowerShell command...
  6. Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell: Hi,I see incorrect update size downloading while installing through Powershell.I tried to install January month patch using powershell on my Win 10 1909 machine, it downloads the patch KB5009545 for 86 GB but the original size of the KB is only 589 MB in Microsoft Update...
  7. Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update showing wrong update size while using powershell: Hi,I see incorrect update size downloading while installing through Powershell.I tried to install January month patch using powershell on my Win 10 1909 machine, it downloads the patch KB5009545 for 86 GB but the original size of the KB is only 589 MB in Microsoft Update...
  8. Primary Driver now used as slave but showing wrong size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Primary Driver now used as slave but showing wrong size: I have a seagate barracuda 7200.11 500gb hdd that I used to use as my primary drive. I am now using an SSD and connected the sata drive up to use as a second drive but it is only showing as being 500mb rather than GB I have formatted the drive but it seems to default to this...
  9. Wrong sizes of updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong sizes of updates: Hello. When I look for available updates using powershell script, it returns wrong sizes for certain updates. See the first item from a list on the screenshot. Window update agent (wua) returns size ~61Gb for update KB4483235 (d53bec60-84cf-4d58-8046-02f17c45e5b4) [ATTACH]...
  10. Wrong size of updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong size of updates: Hello. When I look for available updates using powershell script, it returns wrong sizes for certain updates. See the first item from list on the screenshot (KB4483235 or d53bec60-84cf-4d58-8046-02f17c45e5b4 ). ~61Gb [ATTACH] The same issue I've had on other computers for...