Windows 10: Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely

Discus and support Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows live update September-october 2020 drivers update and install failure with the 2004 version win 10 pro I had done the media creation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mattpayne6, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely

Windows live update September-october 2020 drivers update and install failure with the 2004 version win 10 pro

I had done the media creation took process and every other process thats been listed to sort it. I also had the nvidia geforce gtx970 vga card device drivers completely erased from the system from the windows repair tried to fix it.

I got a Microsoft assistant to go through and try trouble shooting the system via remote assistant. I told him that the computer will not install or load up when i ran the update installation multiple times.

He said he would try finding the issue why none of the original os drivers kept failing to install after windows update crashed on install and completely wiped my systems manufacturers files .

After he remote assisted and ran the 2004 install recovery software i had been told to install . And run now had made bios issues now i can even boot up any hard of my harddrives to get back to windows at all.

And all bios drivers .. can't even boot up at all

I now have lost a perfectly fine operating system i use daily....

Thanks alot Microsoft for completely destroying my computer i had built for gaming.

:)

mattpayne6, Oct 13, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.

A forced Microsoft update process, underway today without my knowledge when I shut down my up-til-then perfectly functioning Windows 10 tablet, has completely destroyed the Windows bootup. Automatic Recovery cannot fix it. There is no system restore point.
    The system is mysteriously unable to reset the machine. The installation is, in effect, totally destroyed. The device cannot access wifi. My computer has been reduced to a flat brick. It is a refurbished tablet. I do not have media from which to reinstall.
    The OEM installation discs are back at the computer store where I bought it, with the license key. Microsoft has left me in a worse state than if I had been hacked. On top of this, they provide no support whatsoever. I paid for the product. Microsoft destroyed
    it. I am left holding my doodle. Microsoft says, apparently, tough ****. How is it possible 1/ that this rubbish can still happen, and 2/ Microsoft can still get away with it?

As to what I am now supposed to do, God only knows.

Laurence_H, Oct 13, 2020
  4. yountmg Win User

Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely

1. Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely - Similar Threads - Microsoft update system

2. Windows 10 has completely destroyed gaming........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 has completely destroyed gaming........: I play ALOT of games on my system.... Or should I say I USED to play alot of games on my system.... After this last useless update that y'all force down our throats, I cannot log into ANY of the games that I play online.... & if I AM allowed to log in, I am bumped off in 1-2...
  3. Windows 10 has completely destroyed gaming........

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 has completely destroyed gaming........: I play ALOT of games on my system.... Or should I say I USED to play alot of games on my system.... After this last useless update that y'all force down our throats, I cannot log into ANY of the games that I play online.... & if I AM allowed to log in, I am bumped off in 1-2...
  4. Recent update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update destroyed my computer: The most recent windows update has caused my windows to deactivate, cause my task bar, start up and search to stop working entirely. My recovery save is gone, I can not rollback to my previous windows update. I can't open up any up any thing other then settings and chrome. On...
  5. My windows is completely destroyed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows is completely destroyed: [ATTACH] I booted my PC and it seems to be completely fucked. I can not open the start menu, when I press it nothing happens. I can not check my disk because I get this in response: C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /r /f NTFSNTFSNTFSNTFS I can open programs, I can open...
  6. The 2004 update has completely broken my system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The 2004 update has completely broken my system: So I guess I made the mistake of updating Windows early, I get constant crashes and error messages. Along with a crash when I empty the recycle bin, file explorer not working half the time and system restore/ repair just not doing anything. And chkdsk errors out. Here's a...
  7. Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.: A forced Microsoft update process, underway today without my knowledge when I shut down my up-til-then perfectly functioning Windows 10 tablet, has completely destroyed the Windows bootup. Automatic Recovery cannot fix it. There is no system restore point. The system is...
  8. Microsoft update has destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update has destroyed my pc: This is making me sick in my stomach. You guys make it impossible to sue you then you ruin everyone's PC I think maybe I will open a RICO case on you friggin ass and see if that sticks....
  9. Update build 10586 has destroyed parts of my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update build 10586 has destroyed parts of my computer: Hi guys, so as soon as I heard about the new build, I went to install it. After it finished and booted back up, it displayed several notifications about removing apps because they weren't compatible, well thanks for confirming this with me *Huh Then I come to find that...
  10. windows has destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows has destroyed my computer: I downloaded my free upgrade and now my computer is stuck in a loop - blue screen/black screen. Tech support was useless. Why is Windows allowed to put out a product that does not work and we have to pay to repair? It would be so nice if someone started a class-action lawsuit...