Windows 10: Microsoft Update - Thumbnails No Longer Work

Discus and support Microsoft Update - Thumbnails No Longer Work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I applied Windows Update to my system to bring it to Version 10.0.18362.959. Immediately after, I noticed that Microsoft rudely reset my file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Texas-Tink, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Microsoft Update - Thumbnails No Longer Work

I applied Windows Update to my system to bring it to Version 10.0.18362.959. Immediately after, I noticed that Microsoft rudely reset my file associations again for image files to put it back to its newer image app Photos when I keep wanting "Windows Photo Viewer" because I like it more. Not sure if that is related or not but I am sharing nonetheless... I reset it to open so far my .jpg and .bmp files with the older app.

Anyway, I noticed that I have no thumbnails when I am viewing Large Icons or Extra large icons.

I have tried setting the folder view settings to show icons only, save, then switch back - did not work.

I have tried using the Disk Cleanup to clear the thumbnails - did not work.

I have tried killing Explorer, deleting the thumbnail cache files, restarting Explorer and restarting the computer - did not work.

I have tried changing the system performance settings to display icons, apply it, save it, then change it back, apply it, save it, reboot the PC - did not work.

I do not connect my phone to my desktop and have not installed any recent graphics programs or tools; no idea anymore how to resolve this. I even personally went to my local profile AppData and nuked the cache directly and restarted the computer and that did not help either.

Help!

:)

Texas-Tink, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Microsoft Update - Thumbnails No Longer Work

Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Update - Thumbnails No Longer Work

1. Microsoft Update - Thumbnails No Longer Work - Similar Threads - Microsoft Update Thumbnails

2. Printers no longer works after microsoft update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers no longer works after microsoft update: There was a Microsoft update in December, since then I have been unable to use my printer HP 2710e or use the "save to pdf" function in Excel. I keep receiving the message "current printer is unavailable. select another printer" when trying to save to pdf.When checking my...
  3. Printers no longer works after microsoft update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers no longer works after microsoft update: There was a Microsoft update in December, since then I have been unable to use my printer HP 2710e or use the "save to pdf" function in Excel. I keep receiving the message "current printer is unavailable. select another printer" when trying to save to pdf.When checking my...
  4. Printers no longer works after microsoft update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MP4 thumbnails are no longer working, need help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP4 thumbnails are no longer working, need help: I'm not sure what went wrong, but thumbnails were working just yesterday, and no updates took place since yesterday to today... Right now, I'm currently running on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.630. I've made sure it's not the files themselves that are having issues by...
  6. Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update: I received a message from Microsoft for a periodic update to my system Windows 10. Now I can no longer launch my Photoshop application. I receive the following error message: "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable."...
  7. Microsoft store no longer working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store no longer working: How do I get it to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-no-longer-working/67523f25-4d72-4605-a5ef-d5fcaaa7ac4d
  8. Why are thumbnails no longer visible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are thumbnails no longer visible?: Why are thumbnails no longer visible? I have already checked to make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is selected in visual effects. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-thumbnails-no-longer-visible/1539ed23-abca-433f-8100-18301cc6116b
  9. Microsoft Edge No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Edge No Longer Working: When I try to launch Microsoft Edge I get this error that the side by side configuration is incorrect. I've tried everything online to fix this and nothing seems to work....
  10. Thumbnails no longer displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails no longer displaying: I'm not sure why the thumbnails for any file are no longer being displaying. I have not touched any of the settings. I have tried both solutions here multiple times and restarted. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/thumbn...howing-windows [img] 31121