Windows 10: Microsoft updated my PC recently and all files were deleted. How do I recover these files?

Discus and support Microsoft updated my PC recently and all files were deleted. How do I recover these files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft updated my PC recently and all files were deleted. How do I recover these files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RalphSchwan, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Microsoft updated my PC recently and all files were deleted. How do I recover these files?

Microsoft updated my PC recently and all files were deleted. How do I recover these files?

:)

RalphSchwan, Oct 24, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 24, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

to prevent it from autopopulating try making the reg key
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List read only

slozomby, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Microsoft updated my PC recently and all files were deleted. How do I recover these files?

Recover deleted files from recycle bin?

EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard.

I have deleted accidentally 2TB files, all recovered back.

Knoxx29, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft updated my PC recently and all files were deleted. How do I recover these files? - Similar Threads - Microsoft updated recently

2. how do I recover files after deleting a my Microsoft account on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I recover files after deleting a my Microsoft account on my laptop?: how do I recover files after deleting a my Microsoft account on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-files-after-deleting-a-my/a4649c44-4a54-4ed5-bc5b-099ab33768e8
  3. All my files were deleted after Windows 10 update.

All my files were deleted after Windows 10 update.: After an Windows update last night I discovered that all my files on my C: drive were gone. At first I could not even log in on my account. Which is odd beacuse I don't use a password on my user profile since I am the only one using this computer. I restared the computer but...
  4. How do I delete my recent files?

How do I delete my recent files?: So when i go onto file explorer, it comes up with recent files. I dont want to delete the files, i just want to delete my history. Any help? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-my-recent-files/14d96fc6-3c51-4cce-b9b4-7aee974d5405
  5. How do I recover recently deleted video files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I recover recently deleted video files?: I recently deleted a few videos and now I regret. But I don’t know how to get it back. So how do I get the files back? submitted by /u/FuryYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbkj4l/how_do_i_recover_recently_deleted_video_files/
  6. How to recover files that were deleted by windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover files that were deleted by windows update?: How to recover files that were deleted by windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-files-that-were-deleted-by-windows/87ab4d1d-804b-4e27-827c-a4c307b78fb1
  7. how do I recover my files that was eliminated by the recent upgrade to windows 10 ?

how do I recover my files that was eliminated by the recent upgrade to windows 10 ?: Lost All my files, pictures, download, documents, desktop apps, do too the upgrade of windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-my-files-that-was-eliminated-by/faf75199-4634-492f-afe4-0e9defaa16a3"
  8. How to recover deleted files?

How to recover deleted files?: Hello everyone, Actually I run disk cleanup for c drive and accidentally I ticked "downloaded files" where I lost my lots of data. Needed help how to recover that? There was my important data. I hope Microsoft community gonna help me for recovering that. Thanks....
  9. How to recover the deleted files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover the deleted files?: Hi, I have deleted my photos/videos from my saved desktop by incidentally and these files are not shown in the recycle bin to recover them back to the original saved location. Anyone could you please advice me how can I recover all these deleted files back? Thanks for...
  10. How to recover deleted files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to recover deleted files?: I have deleted some of my important files by mistake. It is not there in recycle bin as it was cleared by my friend . What I do now? Is there any way to recover it? 59311