Windows 10: Microsoft Updater is Broken

Discus and support Microsoft Updater is Broken in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently purchased a Zephyrus G14 from Asus running Windows 10 home edition. It has a separate MyAsus app to run some updates, but I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeHeppner, May 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft Updater is Broken

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Zephyrus G14 from Asus running Windows 10 home edition. It has a separate MyAsus app to run some updates, but I have not used that. When I go into Windows 10 update in settings it says in red that "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". When I go to click "retry" that is my default instead of check for updates it always comes back with "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x8024a105".

Some other things to note:

1. I have tried the built in troubleshoot. This did not help.
    2. My "pause" button for updates in greyed out and not usable. Not sure why that is.
    3. The "MyAsus" app when I do go into it says that I am currently up to date.

Appreciate any help on this.

:)

MikeHeppner, May 16, 2020

2. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, May 16, 2020
  3. Pipps Win User
    Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, May 16, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Microsoft Updater is Broken

Microsoft Edge - Broken after Creators update

Hi Jerry,

This issue may have occurred due to compatibility conflict on your Microsoft Edge. To correct this, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Edge. Kindly follow the steps below:

Reset Microsoft Edge Through PowerShell

• On the Search bar, type in Windows Powershell and select the top most result.
    • On the Windows Powershell window, copy and paste the following command and press
      Enter.

Kindly get back to us and let us know the results.

Xylee Del, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Updater is Broken

1. Microsoft Updater is Broken - Similar Threads - Microsoft Updater Broken

2. Can't block Update Microsoft confirms is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't block Update Microsoft confirms is broken: Split from this thread. https://winbuzzer.com/2022/12/15/microsoft-confirms-broken-update-is-now-installing-on-windows-11-22h2-and-windows-10-22h2-xcxwbn/Device name DESKTOP-RVGGN6P Processor AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeontm HD Graphics 1.50 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.48 GB...
  3. Can't block Update Microsoft confirms is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't block Update Microsoft confirms is broken: Split from this thread. https://winbuzzer.com/2022/12/15/microsoft-confirms-broken-update-is-now-installing-on-windows-11-22h2-and-windows-10-22h2-xcxwbn/Device name DESKTOP-RVGGN6P Processor AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeontm HD Graphics 1.50 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.48 GB...
  4. Can't block Update Microsoft confirms is broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Updates Still Broken!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Updates Still Broken!: My Win10 Home has NOT taken any updates since Jan 2021. They're all broken and download a 1000 times daily but fail to install!! So, I've put all updates on pause until 5/2/2021. Yes, my system is plugged in & connected to the internet!! Yes, my Win10 license is legit,...
  6. Update broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update broken: Hey all, I have been trying to update my computer (Windows 10) to the newest version in order to be able to download the xbox games pass app. When updating, it verifies everything and begins installation but once it hits 71% every time it suddenly freezes my entire PC. I...
  7. Updates broken Microsoft Account Login..........!!!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Updates broken Microsoft Account Login..........!!!!!: I can no long sign in using my MS account into windows. Also none of my Microsoft 365 Apps work any more they just say product is not registered and if i try they fail. I can log into my MS via web no problem and all the subscriptions are valid. I also cannot view MS app...
  8. Microsoft Treasure Hunt is Broken since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Treasure Hunt is Broken since update: Hi, since the game was updated to a Win 10 version it is severely broken! Even ignoring all the crashes/freezing that was present in the Win8 version. The main issue is that the game offers no upgrades in the shop for dynamite / map / picks if you have purchased one of the...
  9. Fix Your Broken Updater, Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Your Broken Updater, Microsoft: So first of all, let me pose a question: It's clear enough to me that Microsoft does not care about its customers, I get that, and I hope you people die. However...if we could be civil just for a second, maybe someone with brains here could actually solve this instead of...
  10. Microsoft Store broken after 1903 update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store broken after 1903 update: I upgraded to the 1903 build a couple of days ago and all seems fine apart from a few Microsoft Store apps and the Store application itself. Usually, when faced with a failed MS Store app I can uninstall the app (either using the GUI or Powershell) and reinstall but since...