Windows 10: Microsoft updates and games

Discus and support Microsoft updates and games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi For 3days now i have been trying to update two laptops keep getting error message unable to connect to the update service. Also have carried out a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DenisShotton, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Microsoft updates and games

Hi For 3days now i have been trying to update two laptops keep getting error message unable to connect to the update service. Also have carried out a reset on Lenovo laptop and unable to instal any games from the store,a.part from Microsoft solitaire collection, this plays ok I have BT Fibre broadband every thing else is fine. Your help would be appreciated. Denis Shotton

:)

DenisShotton, Feb 4, 2019

2. Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 4, 2019
  3. microsoft games

Hi Patti,

Interruption during the update is one of the common reasons why you are having this problem. To help you resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click Start and search appwiz.cpl then press
      Enter.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Clear the check-mark before Games.
    • Click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Turn the feature back on by placing a check-mark before Games.
    • Restart the computer again.

Kindly provide us an update, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Microsoft updates and games

microsoft ultimate word games

Hi anneChilelli,

We're glad that you love playing Microsoft Word games on your computer. Currently, there's no update yet from the game developer about when they will release a new challenge, mission or games for it. However, rest assured that it will be provided in the
    upcoming updates for the game. You can share this concern to our Microsoft team as your feedback so that we could have this reach to the game developer by using the Feedback Hub on Windows 10.
    The Feedback Hub app lets you tell Microsoft about any problems you run into while using Windows 10 and send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience. Sending a suggestion or reporting a problem can be
    as easy as finding feedback similar to yours and upvoting it.

To add a new feedback you may follow the steps below:

1. Select Add new feedback next to the search bar.
    2. Tell us whether you’re sending a problem or suggestion.
    3. In the Summarize your issue box, provide a concise but clear title for your problem or suggestion.
    4. In the Give us more detail (optional) box, you can give us more specific information, like how you encountered the problem.
    5. Select a category that corresponds to your feedback. For example, if your printer stopped working, you’d select
      Hardware, Devices, and Drivers.
    6. Select a subcategory—like Print for problems with printing.
    7. (Optional) Step through the problem while capturing the steps so we can see what happened.
    8. (Optional) Send a screenshot to help show the problem.
    9. When you’re satisfied with your feedback, select
      Submit

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft updates and games

1. Microsoft updates and games - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates games

2. Microsoft Gaming Services Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Gaming Services Update: There seems to have been an update yesterday as all of my games by Microsoft will no longer run on my computer. I have tried all of the solutions available but none of them have worked thus far. Every time I try to play a game that requires the Gaming Services it just open up...
  3. Microsoft Gaming Services Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Gaming Services Update: There seems to have been an update yesterday as all of my games by Microsoft will no longer run on my computer. I have tried all of the solutions available but none of them have worked thus far. Every time I try to play a game that requires the Gaming Services it just open up...
  4. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.: Gaming services will not update in the Microsoft store. It has been like this for months. It causes an issue with the Xbox app on my laptop. I try updating it on the Microsoft store and through the Xbox app. But neither works. The Xbox app says it needs gaming services to...
  5. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.: Gaming services will not update in the Microsoft store. It has been like this for months. It causes an issue with the Xbox app on my laptop. I try updating it on the Microsoft store and through the Xbox app. But neither works. The Xbox app says it needs gaming services to...
  6. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

7. Microsoft Store not updating Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not updating Games: The Microsoft Store is not updating my games that are installed on my computer and does not seem to update them and has error codes and today when I tried to run the MS store it just shows the logo for the store and will not do anything else after some time I closed it down...
  8. Microsoft Store not updating Games

Microsoft Store not updating Games: The Microsoft Store is not updating my games that are installed on my computer and does not seem to update them and has error codes and today when I tried to run the MS store it just shows the logo for the store and will not do anything else after some time I closed it down...
  9. Microsoft Store not updating Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not updating Games: The Microsoft Store is not updating my games that are installed on my computer and does not seem to update them and has error codes and today when I tried to run the MS store it just shows the logofor the store and will not do anything else after some time I closed it down as...
  10. Microsoft games in 2004 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft games in 2004 update: Upon installing the latest update my games I loved disappeared never to see the light again. Unless you know how to allow me to open en-US. That file made me install Explorer 11 and still I was unable to find the games like they once were. 162180