Windows 10: Microsoft updates are doing a reset on my computer now every single time there is an update

Discus and support Microsoft updates are doing a reset on my computer now every single time there is an update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have gone through some of the threads on this issue and this seems to be a constant theme going back over a year or more. For the last four or five... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LBNakida, Aug 14, 2019.

1. LBNakida Win User

Microsoft updates are doing a reset on my computer now every single time there is an update

I have gone through some of the threads on this issue and this seems to be a constant theme going back over a year or more. For the last four or five updates my computer is being reset and anything that I have done for custom settings is lost. I have even lost files. I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE having to fix my computer every single time an update happens. I do not have the time to set everything up every time Microsoft decides an update is a good idea. I am sick and tired of this. I have also lost programs that I have paid for, just like another person has reported, because I can't reload the program as the serial number has been used and removed by an uninstall. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH YOUR UPDATES!!!!!

:)

LBNakida, Aug 14, 2019

2. Do windows updates slow down the computer?

Basically you might as well have the latest stable drivers on a Opticsl disk or usb drive and then updates thst dont bork the os, install updates, then dtivers and leave the system unplugged from ethernet/wifi then set parameters to prevent windows from updating automatically, save a list of settings you adjudted judt incase sn os update resets it to default etc.

W10 sounds more like a pita than it's worth to install...

eidairaman1, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft Advises Against Installing The Creators Update Manually

Really *Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Roll :roll:*Roll :roll:*Roll :roll: Microsoft having a Vista flashback*Roll :roll:*Bang Head :banghead:

dorsetknob, Aug 14, 2019
  4. OSdevr Win User

Microsoft updates are doing a reset on my computer now every single time there is an update

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft updates are doing a reset on my computer now every single time there is an update - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates are

2. My Computer Resets every time I start it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer Resets every time I start it: So every time I start my computer and log in my backgrounds, some of my apps, and everything I downloaded the last time I used it is deleted. Some apps stays like AVG antivirus after I starts it again. All settings I editet is also gone. When I start it always says Preparing...
  3. My Computer Resets every time I start it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Resets every time I start it: So every time I start my computer and log in my backgrounds, some of my apps, and everything I downloaded the last time I used it is deleted. Some apps stays like AVG antivirus after I starts it again. All settings I editet is also gone. When I start it always says Preparing...
  4. My Computer Resets every time I start it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time?: Leaving aside the well known, obnoxious and frankly dangerous policy that microsoft has of forcing updates through without any option to postpone or prevent them, why in the name of all that's holy does every single update wipe all my stored wifi passwords? Are you people...
  6. Can't do without a network reset every. single. time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't do without a network reset every. single. time: So I always pair my laptop with my phone; use my mobile hotspot for the Internet. Lately, I have been experiencing some issues while reconnecting. Say, for instance, I switch on my mobile hotspot, use the internet, then switch off my hotspot, take a break, and then again...
  7. Windows 10 update 2004 fails every. single. time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update 2004 fails every. single. time.: For the life of me I cant get my computer to update to the 2004 update. Every time I attempt to update it after rebooting it gets to 94% installed then stalls for 15 minutes and the install fails and reverts. I have tried installing through the regular windows updater, I...
  8. Updating screws with my computer every time!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating screws with my computer every time!: How come after every "update" something goes wrong with the computer and it slows down a lot. I put off updating as long as I can, cuz it sucks. I hate it....
  9. windows increases my contrast every single time i turn on my computer since may update

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows increases my contrast every single time i turn on my computer since may update: the title basically says it all. when i turn on my computer, the contrast is raised slightly- not so much that it would bother some people, but as a graphic designer i can tell immediately. i go to fix it in Display Color Calibration every time. what's really interesting is...
  10. Computer works on updates every time it is turned on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer works on updates every time it is turned on: Every time I turn my laptop on, it says it is working on updates and works on this for a while before turning on. It does this everytime the computer is turned on and online I can only really find suggestions that say to turn automatic updates off which I have always had off,...