Windows 10: Microsoft updates causing Chrome to crash when using Whereby Pro's 'share' screen

Discus and support Microsoft updates causing Chrome to crash when using Whereby Pro's 'share' screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When using Whereby Pro's 'share' screen in the Chrome, Opera, and Edge browsers, the browsers crash after a Microsoft Windows 10 update. There is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PanYoda, Jun 25, 2020.

1. PanYoda Win User

Microsoft updates causing Chrome to crash when using Whereby Pro's 'share' screen

When using Whereby Pro's 'share' screen in the Chrome, Opera, and Edge browsers, the browsers crash after a Microsoft Windows 10 update. There is no warning, just a complete crash. When reopening the browser, Whereby is still active but email accounts, etc have to be reopened. I am using Microsoft Office 365 Home version with Windows 10 with Windows Defender.

Is there something within the Microsoft Settings which can be changed to override this problem? Whereby techs are not providing answers even though this is happening with multiple Whereby users both Pro and Corporate accounts.

:)

PanYoda, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

PC Games crashing randomly, Chrome Crashing, and Frequent Blue Screens

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that games are crashing and Chrome is not working on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message when the games crash?
    • What error message do you get when the PC crashes to Blue Screen?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

As you are receiving Aw snap error in Chrome, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Google article

Fix "Aw, Snap!" page crashes and other page loading errors
    and see if that helps.

You may also want to boot the computer in to clean boot and see if the Games/PC crashes.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer.
    However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article How to perform a
    clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

If you are receiving a Blue Screen error on the computer, I would suggest you to share the dump files so that we can analyze them and get to the root cause of the issue. To share the files Navigate to
    C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Ntdll.dll causing google chrome to crash all the time

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• Are you facing the same issue with Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps offered by Google?
    As a work around, we suggest you to uninstall Google from the downloaded location and reinstall and check for the issue.

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Microsoft updates causing Chrome to crash when using Whereby Pro's 'share' screen

Latest update from Windows has caused blue screen of death?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • Did you reinstall the update and the application after resetting the computer to factory settings?

We need crash dumps in order to know what is causing this issue and suggest the appropriate steps to follow.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the message along with the crash dumps. Dump files can be found in C:\Windows/Minidump/*.dmp.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if it works.

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft updates causing Chrome to crash when using Whereby Pro's 'share' screen - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates causing

2. Windows 10 Update: KernelBase.dll causing Chrome to crash when playing online game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update: KernelBase.dll causing Chrome to crash when playing online game: Windows 10 Update: KernelBase.dll causing Chrome to crash when playing online game. The Chrome crash .dmp is below.CONTEXT: .ecxrrax=00007ff923acfb1e rbx=0000008a287f38b0 rcx=0000000000000000rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=000036e610e47260rip=00007ff983024fd9...
  3. Windows 10 Update: KernelBase.dll causing Chrome to crash when playing online game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update: KernelBase.dll causing Chrome to crash when playing online game: Windows 10 Update: KernelBase.dll causing Chrome to crash when playing online game. The Chrome crash .dmp is below.CONTEXT: .ecxrrax=00007ff923acfb1e rbx=0000008a287f38b0 rcx=0000000000000000rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=000036e610e47260rip=00007ff983024fd9...
  4. Sharing an item when OneDrive is not open, and when it is open, causes it to crash and go...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing an item when OneDrive is not open, and when it is open, causes it to crash and go...: i right clicked a file to share to OneDrive then after it says it's uploading, the share box goes to a white blank screen, and you cannot close the file explorer, opening OneDriveshare an item box crashed when onedrive is not openupdate, even when onedrive is open, and i try...
  5. Sharing an item when OneDrive is not open, and when it is open, causes it to crash and go...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing an item when OneDrive is not open, and when it is open, causes it to crash and go...: i right clicked a file to share to OneDrive then after it says it's uploading, the share box goes to a white blank screen, and you cannot close the file explorer, opening OneDriveshare an item box crashed when onedrive is not openupdate, even when onedrive is open, and i try...
  6. When I use Zoom, it causes a crash.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I use Zoom, it causes a crash.: This problem occurs every time I use Zoom, it causes a crash every time, but after a few seconds, it will reconnect by itself. In the Event Viewer, I found: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="ApCent"...
  7. When I click on "share using mail" in an article it goes to a blank screen in Chrome, not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I click on "share using mail" in an article it goes to a blank screen in Chrome, not...: I can "share" with twitter, or facebook, but not "mail". My default email in windows is gmail. I recently uninstalled "windows live mail" because I read it was causing problems with gamil. Could this have caused my problem? submitted by /u/sschardi [link] [comments]...
  8. Latest update causes Chrome to crash when I try to print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update causes Chrome to crash when I try to print: The latest update (KB4524147) installed itself this afternoon and now whenever I try to print from Chrome, Chrome crashes while trying to bring up the print preview. I can print from Outlook or Word without problems....
  9. Using Surface Pro, Chrome crashes when I switch tabs

Using Surface Pro, Chrome crashes when I switch tabs: The whole Google Chrome just shuts down and disappears when I switch tabs. This occurs only when I am pressing with my fingers. I had already calibrated the screen so many times and I made sure that I wasnt pressing on the X every time. I also have uninstalled and reinstalled...
  10. I was using google chrome when this crashed occurred.

I was using google chrome when this crashed occurred.: Greetings, I have a dell N5110 which i updated from Win7 to Win10. This crash was the first time ever on Win 10 but i have had BSOD in Win7 due to HotSpot shield drivers. Please figure this one out!! Thanks 18733