Windows 10: Microsoft Updates causing slow running

Discus and support Microsoft Updates causing slow running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Before I start, I would like to state that I am in no way a novice, and have a good understanding of digital and IT issues. I am not an expert... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Player825071963, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Microsoft Updates causing slow running

Hi

Before I start, I would like to state that I am in no way a novice, and have a good understanding of digital and IT issues. I am not an expert either, but a regular user of Windows 10 on my HP laptop. I also keep my laptop up to date and use the recommended Microsoft settings, and in now way do I have unnecessary software installed. It's a fairly standard set up.

I would like to make a few points about the recent media reports about Microsoft's update policy, which happens every six months, and the impact this has on users.

Windows 10 is fast becoming one of the most unreliable operating systems I have ever used, to the point I am now seriously considering other options.

My views are based on the following user experiences.

1. Microsoft clearly does not test any of their coding before releasing it. That is obvious, and this is having a catastrophic impact on users, as highlighted in the media. I won't go into them, as we all know about them.

2. Microsoft uses their Insider Program to 'test' new updates. This is clearly inadequate, as they all sound really surprised when the updates cause problems for users. The insiders may be very keen, eager and enthusiastic, but clearly their testing is inadequate. I am not blaming them, as they don't write the code and updates.

3. A simple and obvious solution is for Microsoft to test their updates themselves, before handing a version over to the insiders.

4. Microsoft might think they are being ahead of the times, by adopting this new testing process, but it clearly does not work.

5. It would be better, and make for a better user experience, if Microsoft released yearly updates after going through a robust software testing phase. Users would be happy to wait for a year knowing new updates work, instead of having months of bad user experiences.

6. It is completely unacceptable to switch on your laptop and find that it takes forever for the laptop to respond to even routine programs like Office, File Explorer and Edge. On top of that, it can take an hour to restart and also shut down.

7. I also have a 12 year old laptop, which had Windows Vista on it. Even though Vista is no longer supported, it was still quicker and more reliable than Windows 10.

I was able to buy a reasonably priced Windows 7 license, and now this old laptop runs quickly, efficiently and smoothly. I am now using the Windows 7 laptop as my primary laptop, even though it's really old, for the simple reason that it works better than my Windows 10 laptop.

Before anyone accuses me of being a Windows 7 fanboy, I'm not. I use it because quite simply it is reliable.

8. Whatever processes, controls and systems Microsoft used to make Windows 7 run efficiently, they need to adopt the same on Windows 10. I actually like the user interface of Windows 10. The problem is that it is so unreliable.

9. Unless Microsoft resolves the issues with Windows 10, I am going to invest in an Apple or Google Chromebook. At least they work. I've still got about 15 months of Windows 7 left until it reaches its end of extended support in January 2020. At that point, I know I'll switch to Apple or Google. Unless Microsoft resolves this ridiculous update cycle they've got, and they start releasing a version which has been tested for regular users like me, I will look at the alternatives.

10. Has Microsoft considered the impact on users with very little knowledge of operating systems, hardware and software?

11. Microsoft built its reputation and business on releasing reliable products and services that quite simply let anyone switch a PC or laptop on, and start using it. I have to give Microsoft credit for bring everyday computing to the masses. Unfortunately they appear to have forgotten the end user. Some people just want to browse the internet, check their emails, and save files. Unfortunately Microsoft has made everything so difficult because their operating system is so slow, with poor performance compared to their rivals, including some of their own older operating systems.

12. There are about 40% of users still on Windows 7. When it reaches the end of its extended support, I think users will either go to alternative systems, or buy Windows 10, and quickly leave it, if these problems persist.

13. In a few short years from now, Microsoft may find itself losing a huge customer base, and that would be a sad thing for everyone.

I do hope someone from Microsoft responds or comments on my post.

With all due respect, does Satya Nadella even know the terrible service Windows 10 now provides?

What would Bill Gates think!!

Regards.

NP13

:)

Player825071963, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 10, 2018
  3. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Microsoft Updates causing slow running

System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Updates causing slow running

1. Microsoft Updates causing slow running - Similar Threads - Microsoft Updates causing

2. Windows updates running very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates running very slow: On a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, I am applying Windows Updates. Running for the last three hours, finished only 77%. Resource monitor show CPU usage only 17%, memory usage less than 60%, C drive data transfer less than 2 MB/s SSD can do 400 MB/s, network usage almost...
  3. Windows updates running very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates running very slow: On a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, I am applying Windows Updates. Running for the last three hours, finished only 77%. Resource monitor show CPU usage only 17%, memory usage less than 60%, C drive data transfer less than 2 MB/s SSD can do 400 MB/s, network usage almost...
  4. Windows updates running very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft 10 running massively slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 10 running massively slow: Cutting a long story short. I brought a new laptop, noticed windows was lagging and got online support for the laptop. They're fixing it as we speak. I'm trying to use my main computer gaming one and it's the same problem... .refuses to download anything..refuses updates....
  6. Microsoft 10 running massively slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 10 running massively slow: Cutting a long story short. I brought a new laptop, noticed windows was lagging and got online support for the laptop. They're fixing it as we speak. I'm trying to use my main computer gaming one and it's the same problem... .refuses to download anything..refuses updates....
  7. Microsoft 10 running massively slow

8. Laptop running slow when it was updated.

Laptop running slow when it was updated.: i have updated some app of Microsoft and hp after this my laptop is running slow . and also it is taking too much time to start. what will be happened ?and what is to be done?...
  9. What is causing Windows 10 (after June update) to run so very slow

What is causing Windows 10 (after June update) to run so very slow: windows 10 loads very slow after June update. All programs(Word, Exel) will take 2-3 minutes to load. any help out there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/what-is-causing-windows-10-after-june-update-to/afbb0347-4f3e-48d9-88e6-3010b002750e
  10. Runs slow and lagging after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Runs slow and lagging after update: Again this time i allowed my machine to do a Windows 10 update and again with this update it slowed to a crawl, webpages wouldnt load, even the cursor would barely move when i move the mouse. I turnedit off and was told it would install updates and reboot but after four hours...