Windows 10: Microsoft updates - corrupting my laptop

Discus and support Microsoft updates - corrupting my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The last two times I have installed a Microsoft update the contrast on my screen has been affected and now I don't seem to be able to reset it back. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steve and Galina, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Microsoft updates - corrupting my laptop

The last two times I have installed a Microsoft update the contrast on my screen has been affected and now I don't seem to be able to reset it back. I cannot see the slider tabs to move down the page any more. Annoying - YES.

:)

Steve and Galina, Apr 16, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 16, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 16, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft updates - corrupting my laptop

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft updates - corrupting my laptop

1. Microsoft updates - corrupting my laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates corrupting

2. Microsoft Family Safety corrupted my laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety corrupted my laptop: Every time I try to access a Windows-installed app such as Groove Music or Microsoft Photos, I get a popup like this.I am running on a local account. If this cannot be solved, how do I migrate to a new local account, including all of the data and installed software stored on...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety corrupted my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety corrupted my laptop: Every time I try to access a Windows-installed app such as Groove Music or Microsoft Photos, I get a popup like this.I am running on a local account. If this cannot be solved, how do I migrate to a new local account, including all of the data and installed software stored on...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety corrupted my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not able to update my laptop, since the battery is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to update my laptop, since the battery is corrupted.: My laptop battery is corrupted for 3 years. And I am running my laptop in direct ac mode battery removed. i am facing a serious problem every time i try to update it shows an error"You need to restart your PC to finish installing a firmware update. Plug in your PC, make sure...
  6. Not able to update my laptop, since the battery is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to update my laptop, since the battery is corrupted.: My laptop battery is corrupted for 3 years. And I am running my laptop in direct ac mode battery removed. i am facing a serious problem every time i try to update it shows an error"You need to restart your PC to finish installing a firmware update. Plug in your PC, make sure...
  7. Not able to update my laptop, since the battery is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable: Earlier this week when shutting down, my laptop gave me the ‘Update and shut down’ option, which i selected. The next day, i start my laptop to find it takes me to a blue screen, something along the lines of ‘Windows encountered an error, reporting, 0%’. After 10 minutes,...
  9. Windows Update lead to laptop corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update lead to laptop corruption: Hello, The most recent windows update has corrupted my lenovo X1 carbon that was working perfectly before and I had to spend money to have my data backed up and disk restored. Is there a way to completely shut off these evil updates?...
  10. Last update corrupted my Microsoft excel program.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last update corrupted my Microsoft excel program.: A corrupted update was uploaded last night and now I can not open any of my Excel spreadsheets. I have tried uninstalling the program and it won't uninstall. What should I do?...