Windows 10: Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support

Discus and support Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In 2017, Microsoft launched Cortana Device Setup app which allows users to configure devices like Harman Kardon Invoke speaker with Windows 10 PCs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 14, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support

In 2017, Microsoft launched Cortana Device Setup app which allows users to configure devices like Harman Kardon Invoke speaker with Windows 10 PCs. Late last week, it appears that Microsoft quietly updated the Cortana Device Setup app with support for Surface Headphones.

Microsoft Store page says that app works with Cortana-enabled devices, including the Surface Headphones and Harman Kardon Invoke.

We noticed that Microsoft’s support document for Surface Headphones was updated on January 11, 2019, to highlight the Cortana Device Setup app integration. The document states that users can grab the app from the Microsoft Store to change the language, configure the equalizer, and keep the headphones up to date.

The app would also allow you to find the serial number and you can also access the list of the devices that have been paired to work with your headphones.

Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support Surface-Headphones-app.jpg

To use Surface Headphones and Cortana Device Setup together, download the app from the Store and follow the instructions. You can check the language used on your Surface Headphones from the Preferences section in the app. Microsoft says that it takes a few minutes to download and install the selected language.

If you’re interested, you can download the updated Cortana Device Setup app from the Microsoft Store here.

Surface Headphones

Unveiled back in October 2018, the Surface Headphones are a new addition to Microsoft’s hardware lineup. The headphones are powered by Microsoft’s digital assistant Cortana and the device comes with adjustable noise cancellation technology.

Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support Surface-Headphone.jpg

Microsoft’s Surface Headphones are available for order in the United States and the United Kingdom. A pair of the headphones can be ordered for $350 via Microsoft Store, and it’s a decent price, considering what they have to offer.

The Cortana enabled Surface headphones is designed to provide up to 15 hours of battery life and it works over Bluetooth. The company says that the headphones can be fully charged in less than 2 hours.

The post Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Lester_C Win User

Surface Headfones on older Windows

Hi K Douglas,

We appreciate your time in bringing up this concern to our attention. For better understanding, we have a few additional questions to isolate the issue.

• When you say it is not working, do you mean that the Surface Headphones are connected but not getting any sound? Or do you mean the headphones are not able to pair again to the device?
    • Have you tried pairing the Surface Headphones to a different device? Is working when it is paired to a different device?
    • When on pairing mode, does your Surface Headphones appear in Bluetooth Settings of the first device ?
    • Is there an error message when you try pairing the Headphones to the first device?

Here are the basic troubleshooting steps we suggest you do:

Verify if
    host device is compatible with the headphones. (Surface headphone requires a host PC that supports Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity)

2. Remove the headphones on the host device if they were previously paired, and then try to pair again. (Removing/unpairing the headphones will clear out any Bluetooth connections to the headphones)

First,
    unpair the headset from the host device using these instructions:

On Windows

• Go to Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth or Other Devices.
    • Select Surface Headphones
    • Select
      Remove Device.
    • When asked if you want to remove the headphones, select
      Yes.

On Apple iOS

• Go Settings > Bluetooth.
    • Select the “i” icon to the right of Surface Headphones.
    • Select
      Forget This Device.
    • Select Forget Device to confirm that you want to remove the headphones.

On Android (steps may be different by device OEM)

• Go to Bluetooth settings.
    • Click the gear icon next to Surface Headphones.
    • Select
      Unpair.

Second, re-pair the headphones to the host device by following the instructions in these articles:

Set up Surface Headphones with Cortana (US only)

Set up Surface Headphones (non-US)

3. Restart the host device. (Restarting the device refreshes any drivers or firmware that may be experiencing issues.)

4. Try to pair by using the app. (The app may help resolve any pairing issues.)

• Cortana Device Setup app (Windows – US only)
    • Cortana app (iOS/Android – US only)
    • Surface Headphones app (UK)
    5. Reset the headphones back to factory settings. (Resetting the headphones back to factory settings will remove any previous Bluetooth connections
    on the headphones
    .)

• Press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds, until you hear that your headphones have been reset to the factory defaults. The headphones will be put into pairing mode, and you will hear, “You’re ready to pair,” and the LED will be flashing
      white. Try to pair the headphones again.
    6. Run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter (Windows only).

• The Bluetooth Troubleshooter will run a series of scripts and actions to locate and resolve a Bluetooth issue on the host PC. It
      will also send Microsoft Bluetooth status logs and other data about Bluetooth on the device has opted to share data with Microsoft in Settings.
    • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
    • In the list of available troubleshooters, select Bluetooth.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support 8d0ab36f-9e01-40d2-bff0-6485b56c55ae?upload=true.png

• The troubleshooter will tell you the result of the test. If the issue is resolved, try to pair the headphones again. If there’s no resolution available or unable to resolve, go to the next step.

7. Try to pair to another Bluetooth host. (
    If other Bluetooth devices can’t connect to the host device, the problem may be an issue with the host device.)

For additional information about the Surface Headphone's functionality, see this

article

Let us know how it goes.

Lester_C, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft releases Surface Headphones in the UK

Source: Microsoft releases Surface Headphones in the UK - Microsoft News Centre UK

Brink, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates Cortana

2. Microsoft Support for Surface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Support for Surface: Good morning, I'm considering whether or not to send my Surface Pro 7 for service. Since it is my main pc, where I study and work on, I was wondering: What is Microsoft's timeline for support? Should i expect not to see my pc for more than a month? Do they foresee the...
  3. Microsoft updates Surface driver and firmware support lifecycle dates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Surface driver and firmware support lifecycle dates: On November 13, Microsoft went public with device support dates for some of its more recently released Surface PCs and tablets. Before today, Microsoft had made end-of-device-support dates public for its oldest Surface models, but not some of its newer devices. For Surface...
  4. CORTANA NOT SUPPORTED

in Cortana
    CORTANA NOT SUPPORTED: HI iam from PAKISTAN i installd windows 10 yesterday while when i click onCORTANA IT SAYS IT IS NOT SUPPORTED IN UNITED KINGDOM? IS THAT TALKING ABOUT KEYBOARD OR LANGUAGE THAT IS SET ON US...
  5. cortana device setup is currently not available

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana device setup is currently not available: For some reason im unable download the Cortana device setup . Ive tried rebooting my system and my app store. Keeps giving me "device setup is currently not available" and i can't find a solution anywhere. Please help...
  6. Cannot install Cortana Device Setup - Need Workaround

in Cortana
    Cannot install Cortana Device Setup - Need Workaround: I already have the latest Window 10. I installed the Cortana Device Setup app but when it runs in runs a an "Surface Headphones" app and does not find my device. Also, my PC does not support bluetooth so the invoke must be set up over wireless. Now what?...
  7. Introducing Surface Pro 6 Support for Microsoft Teams Rooms Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Surface Pro 6 Support for Microsoft Teams Rooms Devices: Surface Pro 6 is now supported on Microsoft Teams Rooms devices. Check out specific SKU support by processor type, RAM, and storage size here. One additional note - we're now in the process of updating references to "Skype Room Systems v2" with the new "Microsoft Teams...
  8. How to setup and use your new Microsoft Surface Headphones

in Windows 10 News
    How to setup and use your new Microsoft Surface Headphones: [ATTACH] Microsoft made its debut in audio space with the new Surface Headphones. The accessory sports a simple look but accommodates several features that you’ll spend time admiring. For instance, its on-ear dials allow you to adjust the level of noise [...] This post How...
  9. Microsoft releases Surface Headphones in the UK

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases Surface Headphones in the UK: [ATTACH] Surface Headphones are now available to buy in the UK, Microsoft has announced. The over-ear, wireless device has previously only been released in the US but will now be available to buy in the Microsoft Store, John Lewis and Currys PC World in this country from...
  10. Cannot Link Microsoft Account / Setup Cortana !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Link Microsoft Account / Setup Cortana !!: Hello, Could someone help me please. I'm trying to setup Cortana and have been doing for some time now. I've fixed the issues regarding "Not Available in your Country / Region" by setting all my settings to UK and made sure they're all the same. NOW MY ISSUE is that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana device setup redirect to surface headphones app windows 10 harman kardon invoke

2. completely remove surface headphones from cortana