Windows 10: Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option

Discus and support Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Basically, if you’re running an older version of Windows, and you haven’t yet disabled the Get Windows 10 app, the prompt linked to the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option

Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option [​IMG]

Basically, if you’re running an older version of Windows, and you haven’t yet disabled the Get Windows 10 app, the prompt linked to the upgrade is now recommending you to install the new OS and even gives you two different options. But unfortunately, the “no” option is not there anymore.
    Read more :http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...n-497486.shtml

Sumit Dhiman, Dec 14, 2015
  2. Cliff S New Member

All they have to do is turn off "Give me updates for other Microsoft products"*chuckle
    Their own fault*sarc

:)

Cliff S, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Help. Microsoft no longer offers Windows 10 support, and I CANNOT upgrade from 9926 no matter what I do.

I suggest you wait until the final release on July 29th. Windows 10 right now is being prepared to be launched.

Microsoft has suspended availability of of previous Windows 10 builds.

Build 10041 is quite old and buggy. I am on build 10240 and its a dramatic improvement in performance and reliability.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 14, 2015
  4. Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option

Help. Microsoft no longer offers Windows 10 support, and I CANNOT upgrade from 9926 no matter what I do.

So I can't update my Windows? That's stupid.

Yes, I know, it's a stepping stone to the 10240 I have on my old computer.

I just want to be up to date, how do I do that?

SakuraKaminari, Dec 14, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
  6. Cliff S New Member
    But you do have to admit Shawn, it looks more & more like someone from Download(dot)PUP was hired to design that update UI*Biggrin

Cliff S, Dec 14, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    Couldn't they just hit the X to close the box?

Winuser, Dec 14, 2015
  8. zooburner Win User

Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option

I suspect it would just pop up again.. and again...and again.. I think the solutions offered in post #2 and #3 are the most likely to hold.

zooburner, Dec 14, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    I was referring to the fact it doesn't give you the choice to not install.

Winuser, Dec 15, 2015
  10. Antilope Win User
    The next Microsoft update will replace every "7" or "8" on your PC with a "10". So 7+8 will equal 20 instead of 15. *chuckle

Antilope, Dec 15, 2015
  11. Hah, this is so funny I would have *Roflmao2 if I don't think about what it might do to my work computers *What

FrozenCursor, Dec 15, 2015
  12. Send this to the brass tacks at Redmond. ASAP!*Haha

legacy7955, Dec 15, 2015
  13. Atomic77 Win User

This is even worse yet the next update will make it so that every number key types nothing but 10.

Atomic77, Dec 15, 2015
  14. Ouch, this is what sneaked in on one of my computers, how do I temporarily block it until I am ready to upgrade?

Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option [​IMG]

Really Microsoft, I do want to upgrade, but I want to wait with the upgrade until the high number of Windows 10 complaints drop to the low number of Windows 7/8 complaints. Is that unreasonable of me?

FrozenCursor, Dec 15, 2015
  15. gator2013 Win User
    Select: Show ALL Available Updates, It should show it as an Update along with any other updates if there are any. Check the box and hide it.

gator2013, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option - Similar Threads - Microsoft Updates 10Prompts

2. How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...: Greetings,Security is a huge concern for any PC operation whether for home or business. With Windows 10 being the best operating system that Microsoft has ever created set to end support updates on October 14, 2025 is there anything that Microsoft customers can do to convince...
  3. How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...: Greetings,Security is a huge concern for any PC operation whether for home or business. With Windows 10 being the best operating system that Microsoft has ever created set to end support updates on October 14, 2025 is there anything that Microsoft customers can do to convince...
  4. 'Share' on right mouse button no longer offering Outlook as an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Share' on right mouse button no longer offering Outlook as an option: I think as a result of a recent update, clicking right on a file in File Explorer and selecting Share no longer offers Outlook as an option. Does anyone know of a way of reinstating it?...
  5. After the most recent update, my Photos program no longer will offer me the option to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After the most recent update, my Photos program no longer will offer me the option to...: I now have to create a date folder and if I've not downloaded my pictures for that day and have multiple days on the same card, I then have to go into file explorer and move them into other folders that I have to now create for the dates. The program used to do this all...
  6. Windows Optional Update offering a bad keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Optional Update offering a bad keyboard driver: The Windows Update is offering me an optional update named "ELAN - Keyboard - 1/2/2018 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1". When I applied this update and rebooted my system, it just broke my keyboard and then I ultimately had to uninstall the keyboard under device manager and reboot the...
  7. Optional Updates offering wrong updates

Optional Updates offering wrong updates: Under "Optional Updates", Driver Updates, I have "Intel – Other hardware – IntelR XeonR E3 – 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel R Core TM Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 190F " Problem is, I don't have an Intel Xeon processor, so why is this being offered.? Also, how can I get rid...
  8. Restart option offered prior to update install completion

Restart option offered prior to update install completion: Lately I have notice a restart option being offered before all updates have been installed and were still completing those. If the system was in the process of installing a Cumulative Update, would it be a good idea to restart while that was still in progress? Is the...
  9. Upgrade to 1909 no longer offered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to 1909 no longer offered: Just visited my Windows Update settings, and this has replaced the offer to upgrade from 1903 to 1909. [img] How do I upgrade to 1909? 159169
  10. Palm rejection no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Palm rejection no longer working: Split from this thread. I have recently bought ASUS ZENBOOK FLIP UX362F for the sole purpose of teaching on note pad....but the palm rejection is not working...did all possible settings but its not helping at all...i m usning METAMOJI NOTE ,DRAWBOARD PDF and both of these...