Windows 10: Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option

Discus and support Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Basically, if you’re running an older version of Windows, and you haven’t yet disabled the Get Windows 10 app, the prompt linked to the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Dec 14, 2015.

1. EricTheO Win User

Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option

There is an arrow on the right of the dialog to advance to the next of 6 pages. Perhaps doing so would be educational before jumping to conclusions?

EricTheO, Dec 15, 2015

2. Fortunately, the Windows Update thingie does not do anything as long as you don't press the 'Get started' button. So, on second thought, although I asked, I did not hunt down the update culprit.

It would also be futile, I think, because 'Microsoft wants to make it easy for the user to upgrade', just look at how the upgrade push has increased over time:

- In the beginning, there was the tiny GWX icon in the taskbar that you have to press to see anything
    - Then fair-sized nags pop up spontaneously with some regularity
    - Now this giant update graphics is a permanent and prominent feature in Windows Update

*Eek

FrozenCursor, Dec 15, 2015
  3. zooburner Win User
    I doubt most would actually notice that, why not simply have a 'no I don't want this' option on the first screen ?

zooburner, Dec 15, 2015
  4. Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option

FWIW, status update: the above Windows Update graphics that first appeared on one of my Windows 8.1 computers now appears on all of my Windows 8.1 computers The MB numbers are somewhat higher, and interestingly, the MB numbers differ from one computer to the next.

The Windows Update graphics does not appear on my other computers that are eligible for the free upgrade to Windows 10.

I still want to wait a little with the upgrades, and luckily, automatic Windows Update runs smoothly without upgrading *Smile

FrozenCursor, Jan 3, 2016
  5. MrBill Win User
    I just turned off all updates except security updates on my machine. So far no issues with the upgrade spam. Yes, it means I might miss out on a recommended update for a non-security problem. However, if I have an issue I can look it up and download the one KB to fix the problem. That said, Microsoft should have just had a check box with the words "Windows 10 upgrade." When you click it you upgrade. This pro-active pushing, pop-up window garbage really needs to stop.

MrBill, Jan 3, 2016
  6. Trust_No1 Win User
    Doesn't work, it just reappears later on down the road. I tried it.

Trust_No1, Jan 3, 2016
  7. gator2013 Win User
    At least on my desktop the W-10 update is acting just like any other update. I have hidden numerous other updates during the last that have reappeared after some time and the W-10 has acted the same way. Ever since I cleaned my system of anything GWX related the W-10 update has shown up like any other update maybe once a month for the past 3-4 months. I hide it and a month later it is offered again. I would prefer not to see it again but I can deal with it the way it is.

gator2013, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option

1. Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option - Similar Threads - Microsoft Updates 10Prompts

2. How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...: Greetings,Security is a huge concern for any PC operation whether for home or business. With Windows 10 being the best operating system that Microsoft has ever created set to end support updates on October 14, 2025 is there anything that Microsoft customers can do to convince...
  3. How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can We Get Microsoft to Still offer Windows/Microsoft Defender Security Updates for...: Greetings,Security is a huge concern for any PC operation whether for home or business. With Windows 10 being the best operating system that Microsoft has ever created set to end support updates on October 14, 2025 is there anything that Microsoft customers can do to convince...
  4. 'Share' on right mouse button no longer offering Outlook as an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Share' on right mouse button no longer offering Outlook as an option: I think as a result of a recent update, clicking right on a file in File Explorer and selecting Share no longer offers Outlook as an option. Does anyone know of a way of reinstating it?...
  5. After the most recent update, my Photos program no longer will offer me the option to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After the most recent update, my Photos program no longer will offer me the option to...: I now have to create a date folder and if I've not downloaded my pictures for that day and have multiple days on the same card, I then have to go into file explorer and move them into other folders that I have to now create for the dates. The program used to do this all...
  6. Windows Optional Update offering a bad keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Optional Update offering a bad keyboard driver: The Windows Update is offering me an optional update named "ELAN - Keyboard - 1/2/2018 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1". When I applied this update and rebooted my system, it just broke my keyboard and then I ultimately had to uninstall the keyboard under device manager and reboot the...
  7. Optional Updates offering wrong updates

Optional Updates offering wrong updates: Under "Optional Updates", Driver Updates, I have "Intel – Other hardware – IntelR XeonR E3 – 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel R Core TM Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 190F " Problem is, I don't have an Intel Xeon processor, so why is this being offered.? Also, how can I get rid...
  8. Restart option offered prior to update install completion

Restart option offered prior to update install completion: Lately I have notice a restart option being offered before all updates have been installed and were still completing those. If the system was in the process of installing a Cumulative Update, would it be a good idea to restart while that was still in progress? Is the...
  9. Upgrade to 1909 no longer offered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to 1909 no longer offered: Just visited my Windows Update settings, and this has replaced the offer to upgrade from 1903 to 1909. [img] How do I upgrade to 1909? 159169
  10. Palm rejection no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Palm rejection no longer working: Split from this thread. I have recently bought ASUS ZENBOOK FLIP UX362F for the sole purpose of teaching on note pad....but the palm rejection is not working...did all possible settings but its not helping at all...i m usning METAMOJI NOTE ,DRAWBOARD PDF and both of these...