Windows 10: Microsoft updates list of deprecated Windows 10 features : goodbye My People (November 2019)

Discus and support Microsoft updates list of deprecated Windows 10 features : goodbye My People (November 2019) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has updated the list of features and technologies that it is no longer developing after the release of Windows 10 version 1909 in November... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 14, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft updates list of deprecated Windows 10 features : goodbye My People (November 2019)

Microsoft has updated the list of features and technologies that it is no longer developing after the release of Windows 10 version 1909 in November 2019.

Windows 10 is an operating system that is constantly in development. Microsoft releases two feature updates per year and these feature updates introduce new features and may also remove or deprecate some features for a variety of reasons including security issues, better options, or a change in strategy.

You can check out our articles on removed and deprecated features in previous versions of Windows 10 here:

Windows 10 version 1909: deprecated features

Microsoft updates list of deprecated Windows 10 features : goodbye My People (November 2019) windows-10-1909-deprecated-features.png

The list of features that Microsoft is no longer developing was updated on November 12, 2019. The list contains five new items and the most prominent one from a user perspective is probably the deprecation of My People.

My People was introduced in Insider Builds in late 2017. Microsoft placed a new icon in the taskbar on Windows 10 devices that allowed users to pin up to three contacts to the taskbar for quick access. In late 2018, we asked whether Microsoft was about to remove My People from Windows 10 again and it appears that the rumors were true in that regard as My People has been put on the deprecation list.

It lists the following features as deprecated:

• Hyper-V vSwitch on LBFO -- Microsoft recommended to bound the Hyper-V vSwitch via Switch Embedded Teaming once the feature is removed.
    • Language Community tab in Feedback Hub -- Users who provided language feedback are encouraged to provide feedback using the standard feedback process.
    • My People / People in the Shell -- No longer being developed.
    • TFS1/TFS2 IME -- Will be replaced by TSF3 IME in the future. TSF (Test Services Framework) enables language technologies, TSF IME can be used to type text in Japanese, Chinese, and Korean languages.
    • Package State Roaming (PSR) -- "PSR will be removed in a future update. PSR allows non-Microsoft developers to access roaming data on devices, enabling developers of UWP applications to write data to Windows and synchronize it to other instantiations of Windows for that user.".

Now You: have you used any of these features in the past? Any feature that you'd like to see deprecated or brought back from deprecation?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft updates list of deprecated Windows 10 features : goodbye My People (November 2019) appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2019
  3. LEOPEVA64 Win User
    Features being removed or deprecated in Windows 10 version 1809

It's funny that Microsoft has not included disk cleanup in the list of "Features we’re no longer developing", in another blog they already announced that this feature will be "deprecated", although in this list this clarification is made:

Microsoft updates list of deprecated Windows 10 features : goodbye My People (November 2019) [​IMG]

PS, @Brink, just out of curiosity, why did you add the word "deprecated"? in the original text it doesn't appear.

LEOPEVA64, Nov 14, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Microsoft updates list of deprecated Windows 10 features : goodbye My People (November 2019)

Music in Windows 7 Media Player transferred to Windows 10 Player ?

What is it exactly that doesn't play in WMP? Can you upload an example?

A quick scan of a random assortment of lists of features deprecated doesn't seem to include WMP. (I searched each for 'media')
    That may be a bit different from 'support being withdrawn' I suppose, or relate to future builds...

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Microsoft chops these old features, gets ready to dump Paint | ZDNet
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ll-creators-up
    Here are all the features Microsoft removed or deprecated in Windows 10 Creators Update
    https://www.askvg.com/list-of-deprec...eators-update/
    Say goodbye to these Windows 10 features in the Creators Update - Neowin

dalchina, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft updates list of deprecated Windows 10 features : goodbye My People (November 2019) - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates list

2. List of Features to be Deprecated or Removed in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    List of Features to be Deprecated or Removed in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this article, we are going to mention the list of features that will be deprecated or removed in the much-awaited Windows 11 OS. Windows 11 is set to release soon and will be available for free Upgrade. You can expect a lot of new features and enhancements in...
  3. Windows November 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows November 2019 Update: I am getting an error code - 0x80080005 when I am trying to download the update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-november-2019-update/b696f27c-8f6c-4439-94d1-5502f3f6981e
  4. Microsoft November 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft November 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes November 2019 Security Updates Release Date: November 12, 2019 The November security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) ChakraCore Microsoft Office and...
  5. Microsoft November 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft November 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes November 2019 Security Updates Release Date: November 12, 2019 The November security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) ChakraCore Microsoft Office and...
  6. Microsoft announces Windows 10 November 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Windows 10 November 2019 Update: The next Windows 10 feature update is called “Windows 10 November 2019 Update” and it will begin shipping to consumers in the coming weeks. In a new announcement, Microsoft today confirmed that they are ready to roll out the next feature update for Windows 10. The release...
  7. Windows Server 2019 Removed & Deprecated features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2019 Removed & Deprecated features: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Just like Windows 10 for consumers, Microsoft keeps building new features and functionality for its server editions. Apart from adding, functions are also removed and deprecated. Here is a list of Windows 10 Server 2019 Removed & Deprecated features Windows...
  8. Windows Server 2019: removed and deprecated features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2019: removed and deprecated features: Every new Windows 10 or Windows Server release makes changes to existing features. Some of these features are removed entirely from new versions of the operating systems, others may be deprecated. Deprecation means that the feature remains available in the release but is not...
  9. Is Microsoft deprecating the People feature in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Is Microsoft deprecating the People feature in Windows 10?: Microsoft introduced a feature that it called My People back in 2017 in Insider Builds of the then-upcoming Fall Creators Update feature update for Windows 10. Windows 10 users could pin contacts to the Windows 10 taskbar for quick access to these contacts; communication...
  10. Windows 10 v1809 removed or deprecated features list

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 v1809 removed or deprecated features list: [ATTACH] Every time a major of Windows 10 is released, some of the features are removed. Either those features lose their importance because of the introduction of new features or are just not useful because of new technology. Microsoft is due [...] This post Windows 10...