Windows 10: Microsoft Updates Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive, Backup...

Discus and support Microsoft Updates Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive, Backup... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; June 14, 2020 8:36am Update Plugged in my Passport Ultra 4 TB hard drive to back up my files and now my laptop does not find the hard drive that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Songstress13, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Microsoft Updates Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive, Backup...

June 14, 2020 8:36am Update

Plugged in my Passport Ultra 4 TB hard drive to back up my files and now my laptop does not find the hard drive that is plugged into it. I have used this hard drive regularly prior to Microsofts updates being installed yesterday, and my laptop has never had a problem accessing the drive. The passport shows up perfectly on my desktop, which has not had the updates.

June 14, 2020 8:15am Update

Was not able to create recovery drive nor was I able to reset my computer to factory default.

Microsoft Updates Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive, Backup... [​IMG]

Microsoft Updates Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive, Backup... [​IMG]

June 13, 2020 11:54pm

There are too many problems to list, since this update installed this morning when I turned my laptop. I have been attempting to fix and undo Microsofts update problem since 10am this morning. The updates to my laptop, will not allow me to uninstall them, because it just keeps giving me an error message.

I cannot upload a screenshot because my laptop now loads and runs slower than a snails pace and still will not perform regular ordinary functions as it has been doing previously. My laptop literally was perfect prior to the updates.

When the updates completed, it took forever for my desktop icons to appear and for me to be able to access anything because it would not allow me to utilize any functions. Once it finally loaded, I restarted my laptop for it to be faster, or at least as fast as it had been prior, and it took forever again, meaning more than 5-10 minutes for me to access my desktop and computer functions.

Accessing the internet via Chrome was even worse. I went to Youtube and no videos will play at all, the message says not responding and this is all day and night long. I close out of Chrome and turn my computer off only for this to do the same thing still now.

I have attempted to uninstall the update several times, only to continually get an error message that it could not install. I turned off my computer and then it was stuck on Do Not Turn Off Your Computer for over an hour, before I finally turned it off and on again and again.

My files will not load or show pictures or files and will not sort by date, name, etc. I have attempted to restore to a previous date and time and it will only restore to the current date and time. This has been a hot mess and a big headache literally.

I do not have handy, because I recently moved, all of my software CDs, thumbdrives or product codes to perform a complete factory restart, nor do I wish to, since, I have files and software that also must be backed up prior. All of this when I turned my computer on to begin working. Of course, I obviously have not been able to perform any work and my computer issues still remain. My laptop used to run fast, now it takes forever to do anything on it since the updates.

Microsoft Updates Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive, Backup... 5d6fc857-f878-4222-89ba-b5de35c3166d?upload=true.jpg

Microsoft Updates Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive, Backup... 8e1981cb-9637-4ed8-a135-2e59609148ac?upload=true.jpg Microsoft Updates Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive, Backup... 179429a9-64a5-4b35-89f4-5b21e5ac3051?upload=true.jpg

How can I fix this problem, uninstall this dratted update, and deactivate automatic install permanently? Thank you.

:)

Songstress13, Jun 14, 2020

2. Unable to create a recovery drive on Windows 10

Hello Mike,

As you are unable to create a system recovery drive on your operating system we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • For how long time does the process stuck with loading circle?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Disable the third-party anti-virus software and try to create a recovery drive.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you
    have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: Follow the below steps to create a recovery drive on your device.

A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won't start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive.

Follow:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected, then select
      Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it's finished, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link, then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

Reference: Create a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Unable to create recovery drive

If you want to make system images as backup, use Macrium Reflect.

Unlike Microsoft, Macrium actually works.

Macrium Reflect Free

DavidBaileyyz, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Microsoft Updates Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive, Backup...

Unable to create a recovery drive on Windows 10

Hi

Thanks for trying! did turn off Avast, no change; got rid of Avast and cleaned the registry, no change.

There are no error messages, the 'create a recovery drive' procedure appears to enter an endless loop as it searches for available drives.

I also have a carousel of screen backgrounds - when the background changes some processes reset (during a file renaming, or, from the middle of a large group of files to the first file in the folder)

Sometimes I lose the availability of the bottom toolbar and need to restart Windows Explorer by using task manager.

Are these in any way related? my update was not clean enough? I should reinstall Windows10?

Cheers

MikeWatters, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Updates Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive, Backup...

1. Microsoft Updates Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive, Backup... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Updates Messed

2. Microsoft Updated and Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Updated and Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive or...: June 14, 2020 8:36am Update Plugged in my Passport Ultra 4 TB hard drive to back up my files and now my laptop does not find the hard drive that is plugged into it. I have used this hard drive regularly prior to Microsofts updates being installed yesterday, and my laptop...
  3. Microsoft Updated and Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Updated and Messed Up My Laptop, Unable to Uninstall, Create Recovery Drive or...: June 14, 2020 8:36am Update Plugged in my Passport Ultra 4 TB hard drive to back up my files and now my laptop does not find the hard drive that is plugged into it. I have used this hard drive regularly prior to Microsofts updates being installed yesterday, and my laptop...
  4. Microsoft Updated and Messed Up My Laptop, Will not Uninstall and Many More Issues for over...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Updated and Messed Up My Laptop, Will not Uninstall and Many More Issues for over...: June 13, 2020 11:54pm There are too many problems to list, since this update installed this morning when I turned my laptop. I have been attempting to fix and undo Microsofts update problem since 10am this morning. The updates to my laptop, will not allow me to uninstall...
  5. Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive

Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive: I bought a licence from the Microsoft store so my Windows 10 is legit. When I try to create a USB flash drive Recovery, I get the error that some files are missing so the Recovery could not be created. Help please....
  6. Unable to create a recovery drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to create a recovery drive.: When attempting to create a recovery drive on my windows 10 PC , I received the message that some of the required files are missing. What file are required and how can I put them on my system....
  7. Backup, Create a Restore Point or Create a Recovery Drive?

Backup, Create a Restore Point or Create a Recovery Drive?: In case I get a virus, I want to create a backup which can make the computer exactly as it was before the virus with all files, programs, and disk drives (C and D) exactly as they were. Something like Apple's Time Machine. Windows has three different options and I don't which...
  8. Unable to create a recovery drive by Recovery Media Creator

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create a recovery drive by Recovery Media Creator: I tried to create a recovery drive on Dell Inspiron 13 7000 according to these instructions. My OS is Windows 10 build 1803 17134.523 (why this cannot be copied?!) The USB key is a brand new 16GB Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3, checked for errors, formatted first with NTFS,...
  9. Unable to Update Windows / Reset computer / Create recovery drive

Unable to Update Windows / Reset computer / Create recovery drive: Wanted to reset my computer due to its slow performance these few days. When attempting to do so it states that "There was a problem resetting your PC [No changes were made]". Tried to update windows but an error came up. Tried using Windows Media Creation Tool but to no...
  10. Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.: Hello friends! I have a little doubt regarding the creation of a recovery disc.When starting the creation of a recovery unit, if I select the option "Back up system files to the recovery drive", according to the media creation program, I can perform a Windows installation...