Windows 10: Microsoft Updates my system even with Auto-Updates are off

Discus and support Microsoft Updates my system even with Auto-Updates are off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft team, I am currently running Windows version 1803 and I've been running into an infuriating problem with Auto Updates of my system. More... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Witty_hoid, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Microsoft Updates my system even with Auto-Updates are off

Hi Microsoft team,

I am currently running Windows version 1803 and I've been running into an infuriating problem with Auto Updates of my system. More specifically, I have disabled updating in all its forms...

You can see my update options below in the standard UI, I have disabled automatic updating in group policy editor, disabled Auto Updating tasks scheduler, and have set the Windows Update Service to a manual trigger.

However, from the information, you can see below... My computer still downloads the windows updates, and more infuriatingly - installs them without my explicit permission. This would not normally be a problem, however, the updates force a computer restart...While I have videos rendering overnight. Which has caused me to lose my progress on two separate occasions.

Can you please provide me with an explanation as to why updates are still pushed to me automatically and what I can do to prevent them short of blocking the windows update service completely?

Edit: Seems like images I post here do not get rendered so let me know if you need me to provide any supporting information.

Thanks.

:)

Witty_hoid, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Oct 13, 2018
  3. OSdevr Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Oct 13, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Updates my system even with Auto-Updates are off

Microsoft to Test Windows 7 Update System

Having propagated Windows 7 RC to a sizable amount of users, Microsoft has created an ideal environment to test the operating system's update system. To test it, Microsoft will release up to ten mock updates this week, starting from Tuesday. The updates do not affect the system in any way, except that they are used by Microsoft to test how the update system itself is able to deal with the various kinds of updates to the OS and its components, in various scenarios generated by people's different hardware configurations and software environments.

These however, won't be the first updates Windows 7 RC received so far. On May 7, Microsoft released a critical-update that fixes an important stability issue with the 32-bit version of Windows 7 RC. Most mock-updates will install automatically. A certain mock-update will also test a notification feature. This particular update will not install automatically, but rather the user will be prompted to install it (which is what is being tested). To decline from testing the updates, users must toggle Automatic Updates to a setting other than what the OS recommends. Under the hood, the mock-updates simply replace system files with their exact duplicates that are downloaded, hence the system isn't affected in any way. Tests such as these will help Microsoft come up with a much more stable OS when it finally releases.

Sources: WindowsTeamBlog, PC World

btarunr, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Updates my system even with Auto-Updates are off

1. Microsoft Updates my system even with Auto-Updates are off - Similar Threads - Microsoft Updates system

2. my system time not updating even though set to auto

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system time not updating even though set to auto: my system time not updating even though set to auto[Moderator note: thread moved from the Office category to Windows] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-time-not-updating-even-though-set-to/505953a2-9926-4b02-9d86-0524d2a2ed77
  3. my system time not updating even though set to auto

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my system time not updating even though set to auto: my system time not updating even though set to auto[Moderator note: thread moved from the Office category to Windows] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-time-not-updating-even-though-set-to/505953a2-9926-4b02-9d86-0524d2a2ed77
  4. Microsoft Store updates apps, even with updates turned off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store updates apps, even with updates turned off.: How do you ACTUALLY turn off Microsoft store updates.My XBOX Game bar has just broken spontaneously, after some digging I found the Microsoft Store has just updated it.The Microsoft Store -> Settings -> Update apps automatically is set to OFF.Alternatly is there a way to...
  5. Microsoft Store updates apps, even with updates turned off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store updates apps, even with updates turned off.: How do you ACTUALLY turn off Microsoft store updates.My XBOX Game bar has just broken spontaneously, after some digging I found the Microsoft Store has just updated it.The Microsoft Store -> Settings -> Update apps automatically is set to OFF.Alternatly is there a way to...
  6. Microsoft Store updates apps, even with updates turned off.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. microsoft store is keep updating app . even auto update is turn off .

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store is keep updating app . even auto update is turn off .: my microsoft store is keep updating app but even i have disable auto update in setting . and the gaming service always show me installing and all update are showing pending .without my permission even i cancel them but after sometime, maybe 1 or two minutes it show that...
  8. Windows 10 update installed even though I had auto updates turned off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update installed even though I had auto updates turned off: I am really upset. I have an older model laptop that originally had Windows 7 factory istalled. It worked fine. Like a fool i had updated to Windows 10 when it was offering the free upgrade. Big mistake on my part! I should never have upgraded. So I got tired of all the...
  9. Turn off auto update.

Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  10. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...