Windows 10: Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

Discus and support Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At Microsoft, we are continuously working to deliver on our commitment to the security of our customers and their ecosystems. A core component of our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

Source: Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program to reinforce trust in the Internet | Microsoft Malware Protection Center

:)

Brink, Dec 16, 2015
  2. ZAGT Win User

Win store do not allow to import root certificate

Hi, Did Anyone notice, that different windows not allows automatic import root certificate in Trusted Root Certification Authorities?

When you want to import it manually, you get notice import is succesfull, but actually is not imported.

NSS Mozilla store is working properly and root certificate is in it.

In some cases helps if you import root certificate threw mmc.exe (turn on Show physical stores) and imported in Trusted Root Certification Authorities as Local computer.

But this is not a solution because this store is user store.

Any idea?

Is there some Windows update that not allowed anymore to automatic import root certificate in Trusted Root Certification Authorities?

Thank you

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

3. Windows 10 Mail certificate errors

Thank you for your input, Peter, but Michael wrote he already added the certificate to the store.

As did I.

So, an instruction how to add a certificate (without actually telling how to trust a Root Certificate) doesn't help. At all.

The issue is that all applications honor the trusted root certificate, but the Windows 10 Mail App apparently thinks it's smarter than the Trusted Root CA Certificates store and still doesn't trust our custom certificates.

That, or there may be another reason the certificates fail, but since there seems to be no logging output, we don't know what to fix...

Joep Beusenberg, Dec 16, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

1. Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates Trusted

2. Windows executable Explorer.exe identified in Virus Total - root certificate not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows executable Explorer.exe identified in Virus Total - root certificate not trusted by...: Hi to the Microsoft Community,.I am using Windows 11 Insider program and got an alert via Virus Total VT about Explorer.exe.One vendor identified the following issue :"A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust...
  3. Issue with Windows 12 Sandbox and Trusted Root Certificate Authority.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows 12 Sandbox and Trusted Root Certificate Authority.: Hello fellow Microsoft Community Members,I am having issues with a system that is running behind a firewall, this system has a certificate authority installed as a trusted certificate into the trust store of the Windows 11 system. Everything works however when I go to run...
  4. Issue with Windows 12 Sandbox and Trusted Root Certificate Authority.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows 12 Sandbox and Trusted Root Certificate Authority.: Hello fellow Microsoft Community Members,I am having issues with a system that is running behind a firewall, this system has a certificate authority installed as a trusted certificate into the trust store of the Windows 11 system. Everything works however when I go to run...
  5. Removal of the U.S. Federal Common Policy CA certificate from the Microsoft trusted root

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of the U.S. Federal Common Policy CA certificate from the Microsoft trusted root: Re this notice.Does this mean that everyone's PC must install the G2 protocol? Or is it for Windows servers only?How does this work for people OUTSIDE the US accessing US services / servers and for Servers situated outside the US but sometimes serving US customers?...
  6. Removal of the U.S. Federal Common Policy CA certificate from the Microsoft trusted root

Removal of the U.S. Federal Common Policy CA certificate from the Microsoft trusted root: Re this notice.Does this mean that everyone's PC must install the G2 protocol? Or is it for Windows servers only?How does this work for people OUTSIDE the US accessing US services / servers and for Servers situated outside the US but sometimes serving US customers?...
  7. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  8. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...

A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by...: Hi,I have found same Microsoft files but with different hashes have different reputations and there are some problems with signature verfication like below figure event though the signer is Microsoft Corporation. what is the reason for this issue? A certificate chain...
  9. Need of assistance with Microsoft Trusted Root Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need of assistance with Microsoft Trusted Root Program: Hi,My boss: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***:This will impact youPersonal I.D. LtdCERTIFICATE NAME:‎PersonalID Trustworthy RootCA 2011SHA1 THUMBPRINT:4394CE3126FF1A224CDD4DEEB4F4EC1DA368EF6A The...
  10. Windows 10 - Various Trusted Root Certifications Expired

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Various Trusted Root Certifications Expired: Recently less than a month ago, I had purchased a new Windows 10 Home edition workstation from IBUYPOWER. After getting this system dialed in I have found multiple Trusted Root Certifications that were expired. I then verified our Windows 10 Tablet from 2016 Surface Pro 4...