Windows 10: Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

Discus and support Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At Microsoft, we are continuously working to deliver on our commitment to the security of our customers and their ecosystems. A core component of our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

Source: Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program to reinforce trust in the Internet | Microsoft Malware Protection Center

:)

Brink, Dec 16, 2015
  2. ZAGT Win User

Win store do not allow to import root certificate

Hi, Did Anyone notice, that different windows not allows automatic import root certificate in Trusted Root Certification Authorities?

When you want to import it manually, you get notice import is succesfull, but actually is not imported.

NSS Mozilla store is working properly and root certificate is in it.

In some cases helps if you import root certificate threw mmc.exe (turn on Show physical stores) and imported in Trusted Root Certification Authorities as Local computer.

But this is not a solution because this store is user store.

Any idea?

Is there some Windows update that not allowed anymore to automatic import root certificate in Trusted Root Certification Authorities?

Thank you

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

3. Windows 10 Mail certificate errors

Thank you for your input, Peter, but Michael wrote he already added the certificate to the store.

As did I.

So, an instruction how to add a certificate (without actually telling how to trust a Root Certificate) doesn't help. At all.

The issue is that all applications honor the trusted root certificate, but the Windows 10 Mail App apparently thinks it's smarter than the Trusted Root CA Certificates store and still doesn't trust our custom certificates.

That, or there may be another reason the certificates fail, but since there seems to be no logging output, we don't know what to fix...

Joep Beusenberg, Dec 16, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program

1. Microsoft updates Trusted Root Certificate Program - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates Trusted

2. why does windows randomly ask me to trust certificate?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does windows randomly ask me to trust certificate?: If i log into the same PC everyday, many times a day, then why randomly does it ask to trust the cert? More proof windows makes no sense and more proof windows does not work. WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT WORK!...
  3. Microsoft Root Certificate 2011.cer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Root Certificate 2011.cer: Does anyone kwno what are the minimum versions of MS Windows 7 and Windows 10 that incluces the "MicrosoftRootCertificateAuthority2011.cer" file? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-root-certificate-2011cer/4a6aca92-fa7b-40a2-959d-4c440f3ec91d
  4. installing trusted certificates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    installing trusted certificates: I have just become aware that U can install certificates onto your computer, and before I do anything it's best I ask what are the 'pro and cons' of installing trusted certificates. * Moved from education...
  5. Microsoft Certification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Certification: which is the best Microsoft certification to take right now for Windows 10. Most certifications am seeing on the Microsoft website looks to retire soon like ending of the month. Any idea what I can take to broaden my windows 10 knowledge...
  6. "vsto certificate used to sign the deployment manifest is not trusted"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "vsto certificate used to sign the deployment manifest is not trusted": I'm trying to install the freeware add-in "XLToolbox" into Microsoft Excel 365. But when I try to install it, I get the error message "Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for XLToolbox or its...
  7. Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates: Hi guys, I had installed this mapping tool before applying all the Windows Updates and I got this Untrusted Certificate warning error as shown in the image. Now, I had reinstalled Windows 10 and ran all the updates and then installed this tool which is a NON-Web...
  8. Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly)

in Windows 10 Support
    Root Certificate Browser Error (started to appear randomly): Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with my Lenovo x220 laptop. At first I had installed the RTM 10240 version and then updated it to Build 10586. Once I updated I noticed the computer started to behave erratic random freezes at boot up, forcing me to hold the power key...
  9. Microsoft Certification

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Certification: If you’ve ever thought about certification – now is the time. I think I have the best job at Microsoft as I get to help people skill up and achieve more as they embrace there own digital transformation journey, something I feel like I have been working towards my whole...
  10. Unhide Program Data in root folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unhide Program Data in root folder: Is it safe to "unhide" the Program Data folder in your windows installation root? I mean; right click, press "properties" and then untick the "hidden" option. I've just done it, but got a warning saying it could not do it to all files. 76299