Windows 10: Microsoft Updates - Uninstall Button Not Present?

Discus and support Microsoft Updates - Uninstall Button Not Present? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I was reviewing the Microsoft Updates and as I scroll over the names of the different Update, I can see the "Uninstall" button will appear, then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by l_turn9, Dec 14, 2018.

1. l_turn9 Win User

Microsoft Updates - Uninstall Button Not Present?

Hello, I was reviewing the Microsoft Updates and as I scroll over the names of the different Update, I can see the "Uninstall" button will appear, then disappear depending on which name I stop on. Why am I unable to remove some Updates and not others?

:)

l_turn9, Dec 14, 2018

2. My Start Button is present, but has changed color.

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that start button and apps color changed also you are unable to access Windows Defender.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and see if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows update.
    • select check for updates and install all the pending updates.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Dec 14, 2018
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Updates - Uninstall Button Not Present? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Updates Uninstall

2. Uninstall microsoft edge update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall microsoft edge update: I used to be a big fan of Microsoft Edge and it was my go-to browser. However, I'm disappointed with the recent update. They've removed useful features like "Define" and added unnecessary ones like Ask Co-Pilot when right-clicking after selecting text. We already have...
  3. Uninstall microsoft edge update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall microsoft edge update: I used to be a big fan of Microsoft Edge and it was my go-to browser. However, I'm disappointed with the recent update. They've removed useful features like "Define" and added unnecessary ones like Ask Co-Pilot when right-clicking after selecting text. We already have...
  4. I am trying to uninstall Windows updates but there is no Uninstall button on the Installed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to uninstall Windows updates but there is no Uninstall button on the Installed...: I am trying to uninstall Windows updates on Windows 10, opened Installed Updates in the Control Panel but there is no Uninstall button or link there...
  5. I am trying to uninstall Windows updates but there is no Uninstall button on the Installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to uninstall Windows updates but there is no Uninstall button on the Installed...: I am trying to uninstall Windows updates on Windows 10, opened Installed Updates in the Control Panel but there is no Uninstall button or link there...
  6. I am trying to uninstall Windows updates but there is no Uninstall button on the Installed...

7. Microsoft teams icon present on taskbar after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft teams icon present on taskbar after uninstall: I have gone through and already uninstalled teams, system wide installer was not present. ive also already deleted the entries for taskbar icons and confirmed there was no teams option under the microsoft/office/ registry in regedit and the icon is still present on my taskbar...
  8. Microsoft teams icon present on taskbar after uninstall

Microsoft teams icon present on taskbar after uninstall: I have gone through and already uninstalled teams, system wide installer was not present. ive also already deleted the entries for taskbar icons and confirmed there was no teams option under the microsoft/office/ registry in regedit and the icon is still present on my taskbar...
  9. Microsoft store is not present

Microsoft store is not present: I uninstalled Microsoft store as I was facing problems in it but when i tried to install it again from app package it is not installing i tried so many solutions online but nothing helped. [IMG][ATTACH]...
  10. Uninstall Microsoft Edge Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Microsoft Edge Update: My Laptop got updated with Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 on 2020/07/04. The website which I administer is not compatible with Microsoft Edge. I want to go back to the previous version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, but it does not allow it. According...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. W7 programs and features Uninstall button not works

2. uninstall microsoft update KB4343909