Windows 10: Microsoft updates Windows 10’s Disk Cleanup with new warning message

Discus and support Microsoft updates Windows 10’s Disk Cleanup with new warning message in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has been working on some improvements to protect users from accidentally deleting any files from Downloads folders. The company released a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft updates Windows 10’s Disk Cleanup with new warning message

Microsoft has been working on some improvements to protect users from accidentally deleting any files from Downloads folders. The company released a new Insider build 18305 earlier in the week which now comes with a Warning message when trying to delete files from the Downloads folder.

The warning message will appear in the Disk Cleanup screen for the Downloads folder. In the latest preview build, users will now be warned while running a Disk Cleanup on the Downloads folder that it would remove data which they would like to keep.

“Warning: These are files in your personal Downloads folder. Select this is you’d like to delete everything. This does not respect your Storage Sense configuration,” the message displayed in the Disk Cleanup screen reads.

Earlier Microsoft had included the same setting in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update but without a warning message pop up when users tried to delete files while running the Disk Cleanup. The Redmond Giant had received a lot of criticism due to this since the users ended up deleting all the files in the Downloads folder which otherwise they would have wanted to keep.

Since the backlash, Microsoft has been working on making sure that users do not delete any data accidentally while performing a Disk Cleanup. The new warning message might go unnoticeable due to the updated UI in the latest build.

The new Disk Cleanup improvements are currently available for testing in the latest Windows 10 build 18305 for Fast Ring Insiders. We expect Microsoft to make more improvements to the disk cleanup experience based on the feedback provided by insiders before it plans to release the public version of Windows 10 19H1 in April 2019.

The post Microsoft updates Windows 10’s Disk Cleanup with new warning message appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 22, 2018

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Microsoft is downloading Windows 10 to your machine 'just in case'

There is a bright side for those worried about their disk space, though. Microsoft told The Reg that it is possible to remove the Windows 10 update files using the Disk Cleanup utility.

dorsetknob, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Microsoft updates Windows 10’s Disk Cleanup with new warning message

Disk cleanup not working on Windows 10.

Hello David,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What is the exact error message you are getting?
    • Are you trying to delete the temporary files or system files using
      Disk cleanup
      ?

Disk cleanup is used to delete the un-wanted and un-necessary temporary files located in your PC. However you can also use Disk cleanup to delete system files on the PC, which is not recommended as it might cause system
    performance issues on the PC.

When performing Disk Cleanup, checking the appropriate options is necessary so you do not delete the restore points present in the system.

Refer to the steps from the link below on Disk cleanup in Windows 10 and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

If the issue persists, is suggest you to close all the system windows which is kept open on the desktop and check if the Disk cleanup method works.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft updates Windows 10’s Disk Cleanup with new warning message

1. Microsoft updates Windows 10’s Disk Cleanup with new warning message - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates 10’s

2. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  3. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  4. Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: Windows CommunityUnable to clear 2.57 GB notice using Disk Cleanup, see figureI have attempted the following "fixes"ran "Windows Update" troubelshooterdeleted the "SoftwareDistribution" filecleared %temp% filesran an SFC scansran DISM scansran disk cleanup in clean...
  5. Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: Windows CommunityUnable to clear 2.57 GB notice using Disk Cleanup, see figureI have attempted the following "fixes"Runs "Windows Update" troubelshooterDeleted the "SoftwareDistribution" filecleared %temp% filesrun an SFC scanrun a DISM scansrun disk cleanup in clean...
  6. Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: Windows CommunityUnable to clear 2.57 GB notice using Disk Cleanup, see figureI have attempted the following "fixes"Runs "Windows Update" troubelshooterDeleted the "SoftwareDistribution" filecleared %temp% filesrun an SFC scanrun a DISM scansrun disk cleanup in clean...
  7. Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files

Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files: Usually, whenever I clear system files in the disk cleanup utility, all of the Windows Update Cleanup stuff goes away. However, recently is has been persistently coming back, which is very annoying, The size of the files is consistently around 54 MB. See screenshot below....
  8. Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup

Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup: I have been trying to clear my windows update cleanup for a bit now. I followed this answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup-dont-cleans-windows-update-cleanup/1ef71d60-64d5-4de0-ac98-fcb6834bcffa on this post. But it did not work for me. I...
  9. Windows 10 Update Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Disk Cleanup: I keep trying to free up space to download and install the latest updates; the only thing I haven't been able to try is compressing some system files. I can't do that because the option doesn't show up in Disk Cleanup. I've tried update troubleshooter, DISM scanhealth and...
  10. Disk Cleanup is stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 News
    Disk Cleanup is stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: [ATTACH] The Disk Cleanup Utility is a handy built-in tool which can help to restore hard disk space. It can remove temporary files, old Windows files, Thumbnails, Delivery optimization files, Windows upgrade logs, and so on. Now if run the Disk Cleanup [...] This post Disk...