Windows 10: MICROSOFT UPDATES

Discus and support MICROSOFT UPDATES in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've been getting error messages when my laptop tries to install updates. I've tried a number of fixes but still not updating. Today I got a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PiperFor Hire, Sep 7, 2018.

1. MICROSOFT UPDATES

Hi, I've been getting error messages when my laptop tries to install updates.

I've tried a number of fixes but still not updating.

Today I got a message to say that my windows defender defenitions couldn't be updated either

any ideas?

:)

PiperFor Hire, Sep 7, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond MICROSOFT UPDATES :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 7, 2018
  3. OSdevr Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Sep 7, 2018
  4. MICROSOFT UPDATES

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

MICROSOFT UPDATES

1. MICROSOFT UPDATES - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT UPDATES

2. Microsoft word update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft word update: I have renewed my product key (Microsoft 365-school account), and also tried to delete and reinstall Microsoft office but every time I try to open Microsoft word the message "most features of word are disabled because this product requires an update." I have tried to click...
  3. Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 updated with ability to pin lists to start and more

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 updated with ability to pin lists to start and more: Microsoft recently started pushing out the new Live Tile feature for the To-Do application on Windows 10. The company has been testing this feature with Windows Insiders for a little while now. Today, the company is pushing out a new update for its Microsoft To-Do on Windows...
  4. Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support: In 2017, Microsoft launched Cortana Device Setup app which allows users to configure devices like Harman Kardon Invoke speaker with Windows 10 PCs. Late last week, it appears that Microsoft quietly updated the Cortana Device Setup app with support for Surface Headphones....
  5. Billing for work to correct problems created by Microsoft Windows Update

Billing for work to correct problems created by Microsoft Windows Update: I would like to know who I can send a bill to get paid for all the IT work I've had to preform to correct problems directly connected to Windows Update? I constantly have to go back into default programs and set all my defaults back to my programs only to have an update...
  6. Another update sent from microsoft, another day of trying to get my computer working with...

Another update sent from microsoft, another day of trying to get my computer working with...: Here we go again! I receive another forced update sent from Microsoft now my computer ****p, mouse not working properly, visual distortions in display, etc. I tried to roll back the update and now the work files are missing that I need. The big question is, how do I stop the...
  7. Microsoft tests new cumulative update for Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests new cumulative update for Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Microsoft recently published Windows 10’s January 2019 cumulative updates with various fixes and improvements. It looks like the software giant has started testing yet another update for Windows 10 version 1809 and it could be shipped later this month. In the Release Preview...
  8. Fix error 0x80246019 for Microsoft Store and Windows Update

in Windows 10 News
    Fix error 0x80246019 for Microsoft Store and Windows Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft started building an application platform with Windows 8 and later with Windows 10, they upgraded it to UWP. They built a unified store to make it an easy pathway for the users to get safer and more modern applications [...] This post Fix error...
  9. Feature Request: Microsoft Update Catalog indicating not only LCUs but necessary SSU for...

Feature Request: Microsoft Update Catalog indicating not only LCUs but necessary SSU for...: Hello everybody, i'll try to make my request clear on basis of an example: Together with the release of KB4088889 not only LCUs have to be installed on a system, but apparently also the SSU – but the update catalogue does not mention a thing about this fact - it is only...
  10. Microsoft Photos App stopped working after latest 1/2/19 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App stopped working after latest 1/2/19 update.: I am very frustrated with Windows 10 at this time. The Microsoft Photos App has stopped working after the latest so called "critical" update from Microsoft. I have tried ever fix I have found on this forum. I have tried recovery. I have tried to reset the App. I have...