Windows 10: MICROSOFT UPDATES

Discus and support MICROSOFT UPDATES in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've been getting error messages when my laptop tries to install updates. I've tried a number of fixes but still not updating. Today I got a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PiperFor Hire, Sep 7, 2018.

1. PiperFor Hire Win User

MICROSOFT UPDATES

Hi, I've been getting error messages when my laptop tries to install updates.

I've tried a number of fixes but still not updating.

Today I got a message to say that my windows defender defenitions couldn't be updated either

any ideas?

:)

PiperFor Hire, Sep 7, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond MICROSOFT UPDATES :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 7, 2018
  3. OSdevr Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Sep 7, 2018
  4. hurricane51 Win User

MICROSOFT UPDATES

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

MICROSOFT UPDATES

1. MICROSOFT UPDATES - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT UPDATES

2. November 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    November 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Introduction Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in November 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update,...
  3. Microsoft To-Do app for Windows 10 picks up new features in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft To-Do app for Windows 10 picks up new features in latest update: Microsoft To-Do is the company’s utility app that was released last year for Windows 10, Android and iOS. Microsoft says that To-Do is a simple and intelligent utility app and it also syncs the content between mobile devices and Windows 10 PCs. Microsoft’s To-Do is a must...
  4. Back up my computer without lossing any of the update of the microsoft ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up my computer without lossing any of the update of the microsoft ?: I need help to back up without losing any update of my Microsoft, because lately I down load one of it I lost it while I am trying to clean my system from everything I do not need. Please help me out....
  5. Microsoft’s new preview update improves Skype emoticons on all platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new preview update improves Skype emoticons on all platforms: Emoticons are the universal language. A chat is incomplete without those little icons and now the emoticons are getting a whole new look with the Skype insider preview build (8.34.76.37) for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS. The latest update improves the Skype emotions...
  6. Will microsoft fix my pc if a windows update breaks it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will microsoft fix my pc if a windows update breaks it?: So a few updates ago an update messed up so of the system32 files so i can't install / uninstall anything, open task manager, open cmd prompt or powershell admin or anything admin like making a new user things like that. So because of that i did make a post about it and they...
  7. Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10

Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10: Fail to install update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Download size: 59.3 MB. "error 643" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fail-to-install-update-microsoft-net-framework-472/cdb7edac-ce1f-4883-b278-82f8939b1afa
  8. Microsoft Office Update forced reboot during active hours

Microsoft Office Update forced reboot during active hours: Hi folks, System is running Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit, centrally managed, but with active hours set for 6am - 9pm (which I presume means 7 days per week). Today it decided to update Microsoft Office and related bit, and then do a reboot. Examining the Event Logs show...
  9. Microsoft Updates causing slow running

Microsoft Updates causing slow running: Hi Before I start, I would like to state that I am in no way a novice, and have a good understanding of digital and IT issues. I am not an expert either, but a regular user of Windows 10 on my HP laptop. I also keep my laptop up to date and use the recommended Microsoft...
  10. Windows 10 recent update killed my pc, microsoft wont help me

Windows 10 recent update killed my pc, microsoft wont help me: Ok so, a few weeks back there was a Windows update. Upon receiving this update, it installing; the computer did its normal thing once it is finished it restarts itself and boots back up running the newly updated version of Windows. Well when doing so the pc made it to the...