Windows 10: Microsoft updates

Discus and support Microsoft updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just had a mega update. Problem is that when I restart, I get "configuring windows" this took nearly 2 hours. Then I get "working on updates" this took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterEdwards_066, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Microsoft updates

Just had a mega update. Problem is that when I restart, I get "configuring windows" this took nearly 2 hours. Then I get "working on updates" this took 1 hour. Then "Cleaning up" this took 15 mins before I could use my PC - total of 2.5 hours or so. When I used NT the updates happened after I shut down so the next time I wanted 2 use my PC all worked straight away. I appreciate that this is done to improve boot speed but I don't think 2.5 hours after I want to use it is acceptable. Anyone else having this issue and what are MS going 2 do about it?

:)

PeterEdwards_066, Jun 12, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 12, 2021
  3. OSdevr Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Jun 12, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Microsoft updates

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Microsoft updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft updates

1. Microsoft updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates

2. received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.: Cannot enter into a troubleshoot mode. Only options are F1 to enter set up or F12 to Boot MenuF1 takes me a Legion screen where the choices are Boot Device, CPU, RAM or LED. No option under here is a safe mode, or troubleshoot.Have tried turning off and on numerous...
  3. received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    received B1 Initialized Library Failed 0xc0000001 Message after microsoft update.: Cannot enter into a troubleshoot mode. Only options are F1 to enter set up or F12 to Boot MenuF1 takes me a Legion screen where the choices are Boot Device, CPU, RAM or LED. No option under here is a safe mode, or troubleshoot.Have tried turning off and on numerous...
  4. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  5. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  6. How to update Windows 10 from version 1703 to 22H2 using Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update Windows 10 from version 1703 to 22H2 using Microsoft Update Catalog: Hello Microsoft Community,I was wondering if I could update Windows version 1703 OS Build 15063.502 to the latest version of Windows 10, using the Microsoft Update Catalog. The reason why I ask this is because I am trying to update a HP Notebook from 2017 that has some...
  7. How to update Windows 10 from version 1703 to 22H2 using Microsoft Update Catalog

How to update Windows 10 from version 1703 to 22H2 using Microsoft Update Catalog: Hello Microsoft Community,I was wondering if I could update Windows version 1703 OS Build 15063.502 to the latest version of Windows 10, using the Microsoft Update Catalog. The reason why I ask this is because I am trying to update a HP Notebook from 2017 that has some...
  8. How to update Windows 10 from version 1703 to 22H2 using Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How Do I Install Microsoft Update Health Tools ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Install Microsoft Update Health Tools ?: Hey,I Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Update Health Tools.So, I Am Finding a Way to Install It Back.Things That I've Tried: -1 I Tried Installing It from Microsoft Update Catalogue but It Didn't Have a Windows 11 Version. I Tried the Windows 10 Version but it Didn't Work.2...
  10. How Do I Install Microsoft Update Health Tools ?

How Do I Install Microsoft Update Health Tools ?: Hey,I Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Update Health Tools.So, I Am Finding a Way to Install It Back.Things That I've Tried: -1 I Tried Installing It from Microsoft Update Catalogue but It Didn't Have a Windows 11 Version. I Tried the Windows 10 Version but it Didn't Work.2...