Windows 10: Microsoft upgrade causing issues with Dell Laptop

Discus and support Microsoft upgrade causing issues with Dell Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Hoping someone will be able to assist with some unusual issues my Dell Laptop has developed. I think the problems have happened after an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JaydeMcD, Nov 24, 2019.

1. JaydeMcD Win User

Microsoft upgrade causing issues with Dell Laptop

Hello,

Hoping someone will be able to assist with some unusual issues my Dell Laptop has developed. I think the problems have happened after an automatic microsoft upgrade.

The laptop seems to be a bit possed, the speakers are making a ticking sound, the mouse and keyboard seem to loose control, if I have web page open it scrolls autmatically to the end of the page and the page starts to flicker a bit as if its trying to scroll further. any command on the key board are either not functioning or typing the incorrect charachters. When I click on the start menu with the mouse the space bar is activated as if its being heald down in the search box next to the start menu.

All these weird functions last for about 5 minutes and then it starts working again normally for another 5 or so minutes before another wave of unffunctionality happens.

I had a smiliar issue a few weeks ago after an automatic windows update and I just following the reset prompts

I have reset it again and completes a recovery and neither seem to have fixed the problem.

Has anyone seen this before or know what might be able to fix it?

Any help would be really appreciated! The Laptop was bought new a year and a half ago so is just outside warrenty and mostly just used for study (Uni student).

Thank you,

Jayde

:)

JaydeMcD, Nov 24, 2019
  2. OneMoar Win User

upgrading a dell laptop options

some dells require dell-branded wifi cards the use white-listed bios's so unless you wanna go tinkering with the bios you are stuck with whatever cards are white-listed in the bios
    633ANHMW is pretty much the only MIMO capable card that will work
    Try and get the dell branded one if you can

OneMoar, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Microsoft upgrade causing issues with Dell Laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Nov 24, 2019
  4. keakar Win User

upgrading a dell laptop options

I have an old dell laptop that's pathetic, its a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Pentium d t4500 cpu and only 2gb ram

the power plug is broken on it so you have to wiggle it until it touches just right to work so im going to be looking for mb cpu combo anyway but I want to be sure I get a board that fits what I have and I don't know how many variables of the 1545 there are or how to know im getting the right thing. my plan is to target a core 2 duo version if I can but happy to take a quad at the same price

I was looking on ebay and see the Dell Inspiron 1545 motherboards selling with p4, Pentium D, core 2 duo, quad t6600, and even quad t9550 cpu in them so whats the deal with upgrading? are these all different boards that foit the inspiron 1545?

I cant believe a board sold from dell with pentium 4 and Pentium d cpu could just be plug and play for core 2 duo and quad core cpu?

they seam to all list the same Motherboard G849F as the motherboards for all these cpu ????????????????????

see here

this one is like mine - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-INSPIR...623448?hash=item3f492cf7d8:g:WnkAAOSw-7RVChCU

and im wondering if these can be 2 possible upgrade options to what I have now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Inspir...570983?hash=item464887d067:g:TTgAAOSwL7VWsq0Q

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Inspir...681891?hash=item51dc053d63:g:WFAAAOSwlV9WTnLn

what are the options I have with this thing because some of those boards I see listed as dell inspiron 1545 g849f boards don't look to be shaped the same shape as others called dell inspiron 1545 g849f boards so im lost as to how to approach this upgrade?

could I up the cpu from t4 series 1mb cache to a t5 or t6 series 2mb cache or push it up to a t7 series with 4mb cache as long as its still a 800mhz fsb and socket p ?

I know nothing about upgrading laptops sop I need some good advice

keakar, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft upgrade causing issues with Dell Laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft upgrade causing

2. Windows 11 upgrade eligiblity for Alienware Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 upgrade eligiblity for Alienware Dell laptop: I have a 3-year-old Alienware 13 R3 Dell laptop that "doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11". I've checked the requirements and my current setup seems to meet them all. I rang Dell to check if they could tell me what I could upgrade on my...
  3. Bluetooth issue on my Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth issue on my Dell laptop: Starting last night, my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop's Bluetooth function suddenly stopped working. The Bluetooth option no longer appears in the Action Center, and Bluetooth is only visible under the Hidden Devices section of Device Manager. I have tried all of the following...
  4. Fan issue on dell inspiron 5580 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan issue on dell inspiron 5580 laptop: First week of October : Fan started to make noticeable noise, even when the system temperature was low after booting up. Before this time it used to run at max speed without a sound. Third week of October : It started to make more noise and I felt my laptop vibrating...
  5. Boot Issue with Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot Issue with Dell Laptop: My laptop has an issue when it boots. After booting to SystemAssist, I pressed F2 and ask skipped the scanning. It brought me to what looks like the UEFI BIOS Menu. I’m not sure where to go from here. I suspect it’s the UEFI Boot menu in BIOS. The issue is there is no windows...
  6. Dell laptop with i3 and 1511 - OS Upgradeable?

Dell laptop with i3 and 1511 - OS Upgradeable?: I worked on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series (i3) laptop yesterday. I notice it has the original Win 10 V1511 that it came with when new and has never been upgraded to later Win 10 versions. I did search for updates and it found some but never offered a Win 10 OS upgrade. I...
  7. Windows update caused laptop issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update caused laptop issues!: Running Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop. I left it to do a Windows update and shut down last night. Took 15 minutes to start up this morning and now my desktop icons have no text. No clock in taskbar. No text on or in any file folders. No ability to type into file search box....
  8. problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop: Tried upgrading my vostro 1000 to Windows 10, but got an message window saying that Dell has an issue with ati Radeon xpress 1150 not sure if it's a driver issue or hardware.. is is there anything I can do ? thanks 32669
  9. Windows 10 Dell Laptop Upgrade Issue

Windows 10 Dell Laptop Upgrade Issue: So I I've upgraded to Win10 on my main desktop, laptop, and my wife's laptop without issue. My wife's aunt was having some problems with her laptop so I took it, cleaned it up a bit and started the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I started the upgrade and once it got to...
  10. Dell Inspiron 7537 Laptop & Creator's Upgrade

Dell Inspiron 7537 Laptop & Creator's Upgrade: My Dell Inspiron 15 7537 laptop hasn't been offered the update to the Creator's Update via Windows Update yet and it doesn't appear on Dell's upgrade list. Has anyone updated their Inspiron 7537 to the Creator's Update via the Media Creation Tool or ISO file and did you have...