Windows 10: Microsoft USB Audio / mic driver has been bad for to long

Discus and support Microsoft USB Audio / mic driver has been bad for to long in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft USB audio for microphone does not have a boost option, and the mic volume is to low, it has been an issue for years and nothing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bignewy, May 18, 2019.

1. bignewy Win User

Microsoft USB Audio / mic driver has been bad for to long

Hi

Microsoft USB audio for microphone does not have a boost option, and the mic volume is to low, it has been an issue for years and nothing is getting done about it. It worked with windows 7 but no longer.

If you are using a USB audio device that is using its own drivers ( not microsoft ) all is ok.

My particular issue is when using windows mixed reality and the built in audio jack on my headset, when I switch to headset audio I can not boost the mic. If I use my regular headset and not USB all is fine.

I don't know if this is the right place to post to reach microsoft, but after all these years it really is unacceptable.

:)

bignewy, May 18, 2019

2. USB Audio Codec Driver

After following all these steps, my usb audio device still does not work. In Settings > Connected devices it list USB Audio Codec Driver is unavailable.

Jerry De La Cruz, May 18, 2019
  3. g3ybo Win User
    Bad Audio with Windows 10 Conexant

Have Windows 10 had new drivers for Conexant 64 bit for Asus Laptop.

Mic audio is bad and low.

Works ok with USB Audio Codec just Pc Mic bad audio.

Thanks

Roger

g3ybo, May 18, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft USB Audio / mic driver has been bad for to long - Similar Threads - Microsoft USB Audio

2. No Audio & No Mic - Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio & No Mic - Driver Issue: I have spend multiple hours on this issue and can't resolve it. Here is what's known:- Latest Realtek driver available from the PC manufacturer installed 6.0.1.8639 - https://rog.asus.com/desktops/mid-tower/rog-strix-gl10cs-series/helpdesk_download . Allows me to access the...
  3. No Audio & No Mic - Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio & No Mic - Driver Issue: I have spend multiple hours on this issue and can't resolve it. Here is what's known:- Latest Realtek driver available from the PC manufacturer installed 6.0.1.8639 - https://rog.asus.com/desktops/mid-tower/rog-strix-gl10cs-series/helpdesk_download . Allows me to access the...
  4. No Audio & No Mic - Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Driver Verifier donks up USB audio/USB audio drivers drivers

Driver Verifier donks up USB audio/USB audio drivers drivers: Hello! I've been having this problem for about a week now and I've finally resorted to asking Microsoft and its community.To solve an unrelated issue, I ran the "Verifier" program that comes with Windows in hopes to solve my issue. Upon rebooting, I noticed that my audio had...
  6. Failing USB port or Bad Driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failing USB port or Bad Driver: Hey guys, I just recently started having an issue where one of my USB ports will consistently connect and disconnect. This only started happening within the last few days and the only update I've made is updating my GPU drivers for the 30 series launch. I'm saying its the...
  7. Realtek Audio mic drivers not working

Realtek Audio mic drivers not working: I Have the drivers of realtek my speakers are working but my mic is not working plzz help i am not finding any solution from 1 year I tried to search it on youtube but today i found that i can ask questions from you and as I try to download the drivers the downloading speed...
  8. Mic boost for default USB mic driver.

Mic boost for default USB mic driver.: I have tried MANY MANY usb micrphones, and every single one that uses the default usb audio driver does NOT have a mic boost this is pretty much every one of them. The recording volume is often too low to record low volume stuff, even at max. Only mics that have their own...
  9. audio has been disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio has been disabled: The audio function on our computer appears to have been disabled after a friend's child was playing x box or something on the computer, we have tried everything to find out how the audio seems to have disappeared but the message on the computer just keeps saying that there is...
  10. USB Mic has distortion issues

USB Mic has distortion issues: I have a USB TONOR Condenser Microphone, like the one pictured here on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/TONOR-Microphone-Condenser-Recording-Podcasting/dp/B078W61ZYP/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1541652255&sr=8-5&keywords=tonor%2Bmic&th=1). This mic (and USB mics in general) was...