Windows 10: Microsoft USB Install Drive

Discus and support Microsoft USB Install Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a Windows 10 Pro flash drive with the product key from Amazon.com. While in the midst of working on my computer I somehow deleted all data on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrandonMorris2, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Microsoft USB Install Drive

I bought a Windows 10 Pro flash drive with the product key from Amazon.com. While in the midst of working on my computer I somehow deleted all data on the flash drive and now cannot use it to install Windows 10. Is there some way to repair this and put it back to the factory settings or what should I do?

:)

BrandonMorris2, Sep 6, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Its weird tho cause I have no problem with installing from disc. I did change it back to boot from HDD. I really dont want to uninstall all my components, kinds defeats the purpose of installing from usb. it would take longer to disconnect and reconnect after install then it would to just install from dvd.

Do you think its beacuse the drive was formated in ntfs, thats the only step I did different from the OP. Well that and the bootsect /nt60 command before coping files.

heres they way I went, probly have to try it fat32

launch diskpart.exe)
    select disk 1 (or your USB drive number, use list disk to get it)
    clean
    create partition primary
    select partition=1
    active
    format fs=ntfs
    assign
    exit

Now that the drive is boot aware, we have to initialize its boot sector with the Windows boot manager (BOOTMGR), using the Bootsect.exe utility located in the boot directory of the Vista installation DVD. We have to tell the utility that our target drive is NTFS formatted:

bootsect.exe /nt60 f:

ShRoOmAlIsTiC, Sep 6, 2020
  4. 7.62 Win User

Microsoft USB Install Drive

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

7.62, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft USB Install Drive

1. Microsoft USB Install Drive - Similar Threads - Microsoft USB Install

2. USB Drives wont install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Drives wont install: I have a HP Laptop and I can not get any USB drive to work. USB ports work for Mouse or keyboards. But Drives just beep and fail to configure. They list under Other Devices in Device Manager with error code 28. They don't show up in Disk Management. I've tried multiple USB...
  3. USB Drives wont install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Drives wont install: I have a HP Laptop and I can not get any USB drive to work. USB ports work for Mouse or keyboards. But Drives just beep and fail to configure. They list under Other Devices in Device Manager with error code 28. They don't show up in Disk Management. I've tried multiple USB...
  4. USB Drives wont install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows not installing from usb drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not installing from usb drive: Recently formatted my SSD to clear up space which also meant i has to reinstall windows. I have a bootable usb where i can initiate the installation, but it never finishes. After the first automatic restart i get sent back to the setup screen forcing me to restart the...
  6. Installed a GEMBIRD external usb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed a GEMBIRD external usb drive: Although the drive lights up. On placing a music CD in the drive it does not work. Any help appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-a-gembird-external-usb-drive/149aa40e-7c0c-489e-862e-908da6f745ab
  7. Installation W10 from USB drive

Installation W10 from USB drive: I haven HP laptop HP Pavilion g6 with BIOS InsydeH20 rev 3.5. I did not succeed to boot from USB drive for installing W10 Pro original license. I tried all alternatives and it seems that it does not support booting from USB drive. What alternatives do I have? Thanks....
  8. Question about USB installation drive

Question about USB installation drive: Hi, could Windows have problems if it was installed with a USB bootable drive that was prepared from an external HDD? Let me explain: since I didn't want to uselessly load the PC on which I prepared the installation USB drive I sent it at download to an external HDD. Now, I...
  9. Usb drive to install windows

Usb drive to install windows: I have just recently built my PC and want to install windows on it. I don't have a computer that has windows on it i only have my MacBook I was wondering how to install it using my mac if I am able to....
  10. Can't install from USB drive

Can't install from USB drive: Hello guys, So I've come up with this issue that I hope you can help me with. I have installed Windows 10 from a USB drive in many computers and never had any problems.. The PC in question has originally Windows 7 and then upgraded to Windows 10 via that free update. But...