Windows 10: Microsoft user account on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft user account on Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I accidentally trnafered my local user account on Windows 10 and signed in to a Microsoft account instead , I have tried to remove the Microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Luckky Scopes, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Microsoft user account on Windows 10

Hi,

I accidentally trnafered my local user account on Windows 10 and signed in to a Microsoft account instead , I have tried to remove the Microsoft account and go back to a local but there is no option to and the account is a child account and there is no option in the Windows settings saying to switch back to a local account , I have access to the adult account for this child account I am logged into , I am just wondering what should I do and if I completing delete the child account will it revert back to a local account or will it still stay as a Microsoft account I have also tried to leave the family and don't think that has worked, do i have to make a new user profile on my pc if I cannot change it back to a local, please help

Thanks Luke

:)

Luckky Scopes, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft user account on Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Microsoft user account on Windows 10

95Viper, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft user account on Windows 10

1. Microsoft user account on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft user account

2. Windows 10: Unable to convert local user account to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Unable to convert local user account to Microsoft account: I've Google searched this and every article I find is out of date. The options simply do not exist, reference the article below.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/switch-from-a-local-account-to-a-microsoft-account-395203bf-9f1b-eb24-b042-5b8dae6c1d20These options...
  3. switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,: hi I was wondering if it's possible to switch what Microsoft account i use on my windows desktop account as i don't want to go through the pain of losing all my files and having to reinstall all my steam games. also will my windows key activated on this pc but also...
  4. Windows User accounts and microsoft accounts

Windows User accounts and microsoft accounts: Hi, My daughter added her microsoft account for school to my windows user account before I had added mine making it the default. I have added her as a user and put her Microsoft account on it. I would like to remove her Microsoft account off my user account but it doesn't...
  5. Microsoft account corrupting Windows 10 user?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft account corrupting Windows 10 user?: I find that my Windows 10 user profile linked to my Microsoft account opens on a black screen with just the cursor visible. Only happens first time I log in that day and not every day. It also only seems to happen to my main profile - I've tested it on other profiles on the...
  6. User Accounts in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts in Windows 10: Each time I get an update of Windows 10, I have issue with my account on my desktop. I see the administrator account, but I also see another account that is part of my user name. I have no idea how it got created and why I have this issue. Any ideas?...
  7. Incorrect Microsoft account associated to Windows 10 user account

Incorrect Microsoft account associated to Windows 10 user account: When I first built my pc and was setting up a Microsoft account I made a typo in my email address. Now that I cant verify it, it will not let me change my correct email to the primary email. ***Original title: Account typo***...
  8. Change Microsoft User account in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Microsoft User account in Windows 10: email name beginning with my.....@outlook.com is displayed on on a new computer that I am trying to set up my old computer died and the only email address I have been using is the Hotmail address and the computerpicked up the outlook.com and won't accept the hotmail.com that...
  9. User accounts and Microsoft accounts

User accounts and Microsoft accounts: Our genealogy club has a room with a few PCs that members may use to access online databases the club pays for. With Windows 7, members use a flash drive for data transfer between their home PC and a club PC. If a member had a Microsoft account and could log in to a club...
  10. Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account

Connecting User Account to Microsoft Account: Hello, I have done the upgrade for a few family members, connecting the accounts too with no issues at all, however, in one particular case, I ran into issues. The process started as it should do, and the window says it was currently doing the changes.... then the...