Windows 10: Microsoft User Research Customer Calls

Discus and support Microsoft User Research Customer Calls in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Discuss your Windows experience directly with Windows engineers We value your feedback as a Windows Insider. And now, with the upcoming Microsoft User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft User Research Customer Calls

Source: Microsoft User Research Customer Calls - Windows Insider

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Apr 10, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Microsoft User Research Customer Calls

Network Speed Test App by Microsoft Research

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft User Research Customer Calls

1. Microsoft User Research Customer Calls - Similar Threads - Microsoft User Research

2. Microsoft Research Network Speed Test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Research Network Speed Test: The Network Speed Test Supplied with windows 10 default apps seems not to be reporting my true network speed as various others products do. Where could we find out what server it is pinging and to be able change to a more local server. the results i get with this Speed Test...
  3. Microsoft User Research session for Your Phone app on November 21

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft User Research session for Your Phone app on November 21: The Your Phone app provides you instant access to your Android phone’s apps, notifications, texts, and photos on your PC.     If you’re using the Your Phone app—or are interested in trying it—we’d like to chat with you about your experience. Organized by Microsoft User...
  4. Microsoft User Research session for Windows 10 Touch Keyboard Insider

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft User Research session for Windows 10 Touch Keyboard Insider: If you use a Windows device as a tablet and are familiar with the Windows 10 touch keyboard, our engineers would like to invite you to an upcoming customer discussion session. Organized by Microsoft User Research, this voluntarily, online session is a unique opportunity to...
  5. Microsoft User Research session: Microsoft Edge and OneNote

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft User Research session: Microsoft Edge and OneNote: Discuss Microsoft Edge and OneNote directly with Windows engineers If you use Microsoft Edge or OneNote, our engineers would like to invite you to an upcoming customer research session. Organized by Microsoft User Research, this voluntarily, online session is a unique...
  6. Microsoft User Research session: Windows Camera app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft User Research session: Windows Camera app: Discuss the Camera app directly with Windows engineers If you use the Camera app in Windows—or might be interested in using the app in the future—our engineers would like to invite you to an upcoming customer research session. Organized by Microsoft User Research, this...
  7. Microsoft User Research Customer Calls for Windows Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft User Research Customer Calls for Windows Insiders: Discuss your Windows taskbar experience directly with Windows engineers Based on some great feedback from earlier sessions, we’d like to again invite Windows Insiders to voluntarily participate in upcoming customer research calls. Conducted by Microsoft User Research, the...
  8. Microsoft Research Collage maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Research Collage maker: I purchased microsoft research collage maker years ago. I had to reboot my computer and when I did it erased all the apps. How do I get the real app back if I do not have the download information....
  9. Microsoft "Emergency" Customer Support Call

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft "Emergency" Customer Support Call: Notice to the Microsoft community: I received an automated call totay informing me that there was an "emergency" situation with regards to my "Microsoft Windows License." Specifically, they were requesting that I call a phone number they were providing to "renew" my license....
  10. Announcing Microsoft Research Open Data

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft Research Open Data: The Microsoft Research Outreach team has worked extensively with the external research community to enable adoption of cloud-based research infrastructure over the past few years. Through this process, we experienced the ubiquity of Jim Gray’s fourth paradigm of discovery...