Windows 10: Microsoft Vault-Text for Verification

Discus and support Microsoft Vault-Text for Verification in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to have more than one phone number as an option to receive a text code for verification? In other words, can I select one phone number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris_219, May 1, 2020.

1. Chris_219 Win User

Microsoft Vault-Text for Verification

Is it possible to have more than one phone number as an option to receive a text code for verification? In other words, can I select one phone number over another if both are on my account? If so, how do I set this up?

:)

Chris_219, May 1, 2020
  2. comnuts Win User

Personal Vault - How to change verification from code to PIN ?

Hi Mike, thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Please allow me to assist with your issue.

Two-step verification is required to gain access to Personal Vault.

On OneDrive Mobile App, you will be able to setup Personal Vault PIN to gain access to Personal Vault.

On Desktop or Browser, the verification is by Text, Email or Microsoft Authenticator App depending on the two-step verification method you have configured for your Microsoft Account.

I would sugggest setting up Microsoft Authenticator App so you can unlock your Personal Vault with lesser steps while on Desktop or Browser - Unlock Personal Vault > Send Notification > Approve on Microsoft Authenticator App. If you would like to update your
    Two-step verification method, please refer to this article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/help/12408

If you like to know more about Personal Vault, please refer to this article:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/protec...

Please let me know if I can help you further!

comnuts, May 1, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Security info & security codes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/account-security-password-information

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, May 1, 2020
  4. CraigLong Win User

Personal Vault (One Drive)

How can anyone else open the Personal Vault without the 2 step verification that only you can perform? To my knowledge you have to be signed in online to your Microsoft account before you can open the vault. It's bitlocker encrypted locally on your PC
    even.

CraigLong, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Vault-Text for Verification - Similar Threads - Microsoft Vault Text

2. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  3. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  4. Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text: [IMG]If Microsoft is not sending a verification code or SMS text to you when you sign in or create an account, then this post will be able to help you. As it’s an issue of concern, it should be fixed immediately. Fortunately, this post features easy methods to fix it. Why am...
  5. Microsoft not sending Text Message Verification on my number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft not sending Text Message Verification on my number: Hello,My account was blocked by Microsoft for I don't know the reason. When I try to login, I got redirect to "Help us secure your account" page. after that I need to Verify my account, and insert last 4 digit of my phone number, when I send the code, I don't receive any...
  6. Microsoft not sending Text Message Verification on my number

Microsoft not sending Text Message Verification on my number: Hello,My account was blocked by Microsoft for I don't know the reason. When I try to login, I got redirect to "Help us secure your account" page. after that I need to Verify my account, and insert last 4 digit of my phone number, when I send the code, I don't receive any...
  7. Not receiving the SMS Verification Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving the SMS Verification Text: I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11, and I am asked to verify my Microsoft account. The only verification method that i use is "Sending a text", and it asks for my phone number, which i enter correctly. Then, it says that a text has been sent, which never arrives....
  8. Not receiving the SMS Verification Text

Not receiving the SMS Verification Text: I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11, and I am asked to verify my Microsoft account. The only verification method that i use is "Sending a text", and it asks for my phone number, which i enter correctly. Then, it says that a text has been sent, which never arrives....
  9. Personal Vault - verification email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Personal Vault - verification email address: Hi, How do I change the verification email address when accessing my Personal Vault please? At the moment I have the option to have a security code sent to either my mobile phone number or an old, now obsolete email address? This email address is not the normal one...
  10. Texts for account verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Texts for account verification: Every day or so I am getting texts saying "use this code for Microsoft verification". I think that someone is trying to hack into my account. What should I be doing to protect my account?...